Windows 10: I want to Turn My PC Into WiFi Hotspot and Share your Internet Connection

Discus and support I want to Turn My PC Into WiFi Hotspot and Share your Internet Connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Turn My PC Into WiFi Hotspot and Share my Internet Connection I have done steps 1 and 2 (see below) and were carried out successfully. However,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by lifespan1000, Jul 17, 2018.

1. I want to Turn My PC Into WiFi Hotspot and Share your Internet Connection

Turn My PC Into WiFi Hotspot and Share my Internet Connection

I have done steps 1 and 2 (see below) and were carried out successfully. However, cannot carryout steps 3, 4 and 5. cant't seem to find them as indicted in windows 10.

• Step 1: Go To Window icon and Search for “Command Prompt” and run it as administrator.
    • Step 2: Now, to create a Hosted Network and start it, just enter the following two command into Command Prompt and Press Enter:
    • 1. netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=Mashnol key=Mashnol123
    • 2. netsh wlan start hostednetwork
    • : Now one Hosted Network ( ssid=”Mashnol”) is created.
    • Step 3 For this, Right Click on “WiFi” tray icon on taskbar –> Go To “Open Network and Sharing Centre”. Here you can see “LAN” with your SSID.
    • Step 4: Right Click on the Ethernet/Wireless Internet connection to which you want to make as a WiFi hotspot –> “Properties” –> Under “Sharing” Tab–> Tick Checkbox “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s internet connection” –> Now select “LAN” of your SSID from Drop Down Menu in “Home Networking Connection”.
    • Step 5: Setting part is done. Now you can connect your Mobile or other PC systems with this WiFi hotspot and enjoy Internet connection.

thanks

:)

lifespan1000, Jul 17, 2018

2. Wifi turns off automatically when a device is connected to my hotspot

Whenever a device is connected to my hotspot the wifi is turning off automatically thereby stopping the hotspot.

To turn the Windows 10 hotspot on, in first step I have turned on the Wireless Network Connection as shown in the below image.

I want to Turn My PC Into WiFi Hotspot and Share your Internet Connection [​IMG]

After that I did following steps in Command Prompt(Admin) for hotspot
    1. netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=MyWiFi key=mypassword
    2. netsh wlan start hostednetwork

In netsh wlan show hostednetwork command, it shows the hotspot had started successfully as shown in the below image.

I want to Turn My PC Into WiFi Hotspot and Share your Internet Connection [​IMG]

But whenever a device is connected to this hotspot the wifi is turning off automatically thereby stopping the hotspot.

I have unchecked the Power management option i.e, Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
    All driver are updated to the latest versions.

Please help

luck pradeep, Jul 17, 2018
  3. Error "The wifi network .... didn't respond" when using PC as mobile hotspot

Original title:- Use my PC as a mobile hotspot

When my PC has a cellular data connection, I want to turn it into a mobile hotspot to share my connection with other devices.

To do this I follow these steps.

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Network & Internet
      > Mobile hotspot.

• Select Edit, enter a new network name and password, and then select
      Save.

• Turn on the control under Mobile hotspot to share your cellular data connection.
    After that I enter my Password to my nokia lumia 925 phone and try to connect to my new wifi network.

But it says "The wifi network .... didn't respond"

• I enter my password correctly.
    • Turn of my wifi in pc

William A Nadeeshani, Jul 17, 2018
  4. I want to Turn My PC Into WiFi Hotspot and Share your Internet Connection

No internet / wifi from hotspot

So I have a Surface Pro 4 running windows 10 was working perfect this morning on my normal wifi. I pack it up to go somewhere and when I try to connect it to an iphone or iPad hotspot I just got it connected but with no internet. Both the ipad and iphone were getting internet as I'm writing this from my ipad and doing things on my phone.

I tried resetting all of them and turning hotspot, bluetooth, wifi on and off.. I've had problems connecting pc's to apple hotspots before, normally just rebooting everything and toggling hotspot on/off does the trick.

I started reading some internet troubleshooting guides, one suggested I reset my network settings on my phone.

I did this - now the surface pro 4 won't even connect to it. It will see the wifi network but will not connect.

The ipad it connects but does not give me internet access.

I also tried my friends iphone hotspot to just make sure it wasn't something with my devices and it did the same thing.

Any ideas?

realtordcnova, Jul 17, 2018
Thema:

I want to Turn My PC Into WiFi Hotspot and Share your Internet Connection

1. I want to Turn My PC Into WiFi Hotspot and Share your Internet Connection - Similar Threads - Turn WiFi Hotspot

2. Share my internet through hotspot, then the host lost the connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Share my internet through hotspot, then the host lost the connection: I have a computer A, and using A to share internet through ①hotspot or ②WLAN setings like belowIn this two cases, I found that the computer B can get access to the internet through the sharing from host A. BUT, the computer A lost the connection to the internet. Only if I...
  3. Pc not connecting to my wifi/internet without hotspot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc not connecting to my wifi/internet without hotspot: I'll give the basic problem up top and any info I think might possibly be useful later. Also, sorry for not knowing the proper terms etc. I'll try to explain as best I can.The wifi connection for my pc continuously drops, to the point that no web pages load. However, when I...
  4. Pc not connecting to my wifi/internet without hotspot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc not connecting to my wifi/internet without hotspot: I'll give the basic problem up top and any info I think might possibly be useful later. Also, sorry for not knowing the proper terms etc. I'll try to explain as best I can.The wifi connection for my pc continuously drops, to the point that no web pages load. However, when I...
  5. Pc not connecting to my wifi/internet without hotspot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Hotspot internet sharing

Hotspot internet sharing: I have my PC connected to internet via ethernet cable and I want to share internet via wifi adapter to my laptop. The thing is if I do this with the hotspot my laptop ends up on a different subnet. Is there a way to share wifi and keep my laptop and PC on the same network?...
  7. Why can't I turn on WiFi hotspot with no internet connection????

Why can't I turn on WiFi hotspot with no internet connection????: This makes zero sense. The WiFi hotspot works just fine and nothing is amiss with the WiFi adapter drivers. But Windows 10 refuses to turn it on unless there's an internet connection at the time it's turned on. I can disconnect the internet after hotspot is turned on, and...
  8. how to share my internet by hotspot

how to share my internet by hotspot: how to share my internet by hotspot as their is no mobile hotspot on/off setting on my windows 10 after installing kaspersky anti virus https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-share-my-internet-by-hotspot/885af132-552d-44a6-a69f-30a9b07c15a6
  9. baidu wifi hotspot internet connection

baidu wifi hotspot internet connection: baidu wifi hotspot internet connection windows 10 i have turn on inbuilt hotspot first before it works. please any help? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/baidu-wifi-hotspot-internet-connection/512c6e59-57d0-4e95-aa06-9444cf276483
  10. Internet connection from WiFi Hotspot

Internet connection from WiFi Hotspot: I have setup a WiFi Hotspot with MyPublicWiFi. Allowed Sharing in Local Area Connection *2. Everything seems to be in order as the Screenshot shows. But when I try to connect a mobile it gets connected to "MyPublicWiFi", no internet sharing from the USB Modem. I am on Windows...