Windows 10: I want to turn off LifeCam's LED lamp

Discus and support I want to turn off LifeCam's LED lamp in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I'm using LifeCam, T3H-00019, in VDI desktop and its LED light is turning on all time even while I'm not using the camera. I saw another Q&A and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Windows Category - All, Nov 9, 2021.

1. I want to turn off LifeCam's LED lamp

Hi, I'm using LifeCam, T3H-00019, in VDI desktop and its LED light is turning on all time even while I'm not using the camera. I saw another Q&A and already checked its microphone/ Cortana setting but doesn't change. How can I fix it? Thank you.

:)

Windows Category - All, Nov 9, 2021

2. Lifecam Cinema not working in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of your LifeCam device?
    • Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any changes to LifeCam prior to this issue?
    • What exactly is the issue you are facing with LifeCam?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Hardware and Device troubleshooter.

• Press Windows Key + X key, Click on Control Panel.
    • Type troubleshooting in the search bar, click on troubleshooting.
    • Click on Hardware and Sound, click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: update drivers.

I suggest you to update your LifeCam drivers and check. Before you update the drivers, please enable the computer to get automatic updates,

Download and install drivers

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/all-drivers

Note: The above links applies to Windows 10 as well.

You may also download the latest LifeCam and all other drivers from the manufacturer’s website and install it on your computer.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if the issue is resolved. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Nov 9, 2021
  3. LifeCam Software Got Uninstalled After Windows Update.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have better clarity on the issue, please answer the below-listed questions and get back to us.

1. What is the name of the update that was installed prior to this issue?
    2. What is the complete model number of your Microsoft LifeCam?
    3. What is the complete error message that you get when you run the application from the CD-ROM?
    4. Is the camera working in all other applications except Skype?

Meanwhile, I suggest you to download and install the latest LifeCam software by following the below steps.

Also, try using a different USB port on the computer. If you can, connect to a USB 2.0 port and disconnect other unused USB devices from the computer.

Step 1: Go to
    Device Software Downloads
    and search for your LifeCam model in the Search for download section.

Step 2: Once you enter your LifeCam model, then click on the
    LifeCam driver
    link > Select the Operating System and
    Language
    > Download and install the LifeCam drivers on your computer.

For reference, you may also refer to
    Common LifeCam Issues
    and check if this helps.

Give it a shot and let us know of any changes.

If my answer has helped, then please upvote or mark as an answer.

Shafeeq_Khan, Nov 9, 2021
  4. alstein Win User

I want to turn off LifeCam's LED lamp

Lifecam doesn't turn off in Windows 10

Hi. I noticed today that my webcam light was on, even though I was not using any application that used the webcam. I installed Windows 10 yesterday and am wondering if there are some compatibility issues with the LifeCam webcam. I went to the Microsoft
    download sight, and confirmed that the firmware was the latest version. I uninstalled my LifeCam software and attempted to reinstall LifeCam 4.25. Towards the end of the install process, the following message appeared: "setup cannot continue because an unexpected
    error occurred". Yet when I checked my list of installed programs, LifeCam was there! And the light on my webcam is still on. Any suggestions? Thanks.

alstein, Nov 9, 2021
Thema:

I want to turn off LifeCam's LED lamp

1. I want to turn off LifeCam's LED lamp - Similar Threads - turn off LifeCam's

2. Microsoft LifeCam will not turn off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft LifeCam will not turn off: I have a brand new computer and I'm running Windows 10. The blue light on my Microsoft LifeCam will not turn off no matter what I do. It comes on immediately when I turn my computer on and it stays on until I shut it down or unplug it. I have gone to the Privacy Settings and...
  3. Microsoft LifeCam will not turn off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft LifeCam will not turn off: I have a brand new computer and I'm running Windows 10. The blue light on my Microsoft LifeCam will not turn off no matter what I do. It comes on immediately when I turn my computer on and it stays on until I shut it down or unplug it. I have gone to the Privacy Settings and...
  4. Microsoft LifeCam will not turn off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Microsoft LifeCam light will not turn off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft LifeCam light will not turn off: My Microsoft LifeCam works find during meetings regardless of app. The issue that I'm having is that the blue light on top of the camera never turns off. I've confirmed that all my windows updates are up-to-date. There is no firmware, driver or software update. I'm running...
  6. Microsoft LifeCam light will not turn off

Microsoft LifeCam light will not turn off: My Microsoft LifeCam works find during meetings regardless of app. The issue that I'm having is that the blue light on top of the camera never turns off. I've confirmed that all my windows updates are up-to-date. There is no firmware, driver or software update. I'm running...
  7. Microsoft LifeCam light will not turn off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. I want to turn off LifeCam's LED lamp

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to turn off LifeCam's LED lamp: Hi, I'm using LifeCam, T3H-00019, in VDI desktop and its LED light is turning on all time even while I'm not using the camera. I saw another Q&A and already checked its microphone/ Cortana setting but doesn't change. How can I fix it? Thank you....
  9. I want to turn off LifeCam's LED lamp

I want to turn off LifeCam's LED lamp: Hi, I'm using LifeCam, T3H-00019, in VDI desktop and its LED light is turning on all time even while I'm not using the camera. I saw another Q&A and already checked its microphone/ Cortana setting but doesn't change. How can I fix it? Thank you....
  10. I want shutdown but NOT turn off...

in Windows 10 Support
    I want shutdown but NOT turn off...: Hello all. Wondered if anyone can help. Back in the day when you shutdown Windows it would shut down and wait patiently for you to turn the power off. Nowadays, you shutdown and the machine will turn itself off. ACPI and all that Which is great. But I have a...