Windows 10: I want to turn off "Swiped words" from my touch keyboard

Discus and support I want to turn off "Swiped words" from my touch keyboard in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The device I use is a STIP and I have tried my best to stop the swiped words but I couldn't. My STIP does have detachable keyboard but it was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Hamdi Abdurahman, Sep 25, 2020.

1. I want to turn off "Swiped words" from my touch keyboard

The device I use is a STIP and I have tried my best to stop the swiped words but I couldn't. My STIP does have detachable keyboard but it was malfunctioning on me so I opted to use my onscreen keyboard. The problem is when I type quickly a blue streak appears on my keyboard and words I didn't intend to write appear. I later checked it out on the internet and found out it was called swiped words. I wanted to turn whatever this is so I checked my keyboard settings. There was a section that said 'How AI helped you' and under it 'Typing insights'. I turned that off but I don't see a difference. Please help me out. Just to show the madness I'm experiencing, I tried typing 'here' very fast multiple times and this was the result: He free here h Dr e here he free h were h were h were h drew here he free

:)

Hamdi Abdurahman, Sep 25, 2020

2. Remove suggested words from Windows touch keyboard

Hi,

For step-by-step instructions in troubleshooting the spelling for Windows touch keyboard, kindly refer to the post of Cyber_Defend_Team on this

link

For more information about Windows Touch keyboard, visit this
    link

Let us know if you need further help.

Best regards,

Jeraldine Ase, Sep 25, 2020
  3. MiCl Win User
    Touch keyboard lacks autocorrect, Word Flow, etc. in certain apps and text fields

The touch keyboard in Windows 10 has some pretty great features such as autocorrect and Word Flow, but as far as I can tell, the only place where both of these features work is Discord on Edge.

In Sticky Notes, Word, and most other websites in Edge, Word Flow works, and the keyboard shows word suggestions on the top, but there's no autocorrect. In Chrome and Sublime Text, there's no word suggestions, autocorrect, or Word Flow. Here's what I'm experiencing with Word Flow:

The answer a Microsoft Agent gives is:

It's rather frustrating for me that autocorrect and Word Flow don't work in so many apps. How can I enable these features even when the specific app or text field apparently isn't configured to support them?

4. I want to turn off "Swiped words" from my touch keyboard

swipe keyboard on w10m and Elite X3

Hi

the swipe keyboard word definition on w10m and the elite x3 is poor. For example, the word inquiry, it doesn't even come up on the list of word choices. Interesting, if I use a quote-mark first, "inquiry" comes up as the default choice. There are many words
    that the swipe keyboard will not recognize.

the swipe keyboard on W8.1M and a Lumia 1020 has no problem at all

giancarlo88, Sep 25, 2020
Thema:

I want to turn off "Swiped words" from my touch keyboard

1. I want to turn off "Swiped words" from my touch keyboard - Similar Threads - turn off Swiped

2. Touchscreen keyboard swipe and word suggestions missing some basic words

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchscreen keyboard swipe and word suggestions missing some basic words: when using swipe keyboard I am unable to type some common/basic words like "jail" and "death".Swipe texting the word "jail" ends up typing "jailed" with no "jail" in the suggestions and swipe texting "death" ends up inputting a skull emoji with no suggestion for the word...
  3. Touchscreen keyboard swipe and word suggestions missing some basic words

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchscreen keyboard swipe and word suggestions missing some basic words: when using swipe keyboard I am unable to type some common/basic words like "jail" and "death".Swipe texting the word "jail" ends up typing "jailed" with no "jail" in the suggestions and swipe texting "death" ends up inputting a skull emoji with no suggestion for the word...
  4. How to turn off swipe typing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off swipe typing?: How to turn off swipe typing? It automatically starts working while normal typing and doesn't let me work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-swipe-typing/5b9c22cb-3c0a-4ce4-bfe7-e5df2e4d68a9
  5. How to turn off swipe typing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn off swipe typing?: How to turn off swipe typing? It automatically starts working while normal typing and doesn't let me work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-swipe-typing/5b9c22cb-3c0a-4ce4-bfe7-e5df2e4d68a9
  6. How to turn off swipe typing?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. How to turn off the touch screen edge swipe?

How to turn off the touch screen edge swipe?: Hello, I have a surface pro 7 and for the life of me I cant find how to turn off the incredibly disruptive touch screen edge swipe. Im trying to hold my tablet and it just starts swiping left and right because the sensitivity is too high. How to I turn off the edge swipe?...
  8. My touch screen is not working correctly, and I want to turn it off...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My touch screen is not working correctly, and I want to turn it off...: I already tried going to device manager, but my computer just won't open device manager, and touch settings won't show up in control panel. WHAT DO I DO!?! P.S. I already tried restarting... and that didn't help......
  9. How do I turn off the touch keyboard?

How do I turn off the touch keyboard?: How do I turn off the touch keyboard? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/how-do-i-turn-off-the-touch-keyboard/710d98a6-406c-42e9-b68c-4c7550b0a0d8
  10. Turn off touch keyboard BUT have a keyboard available on startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Turn off touch keyboard BUT have a keyboard available on startup: Hi, I have the problem that anytime I touch the screen with my pen (which is what I use instead of a mouse, being an illustrator) the touch keyboard pops up, even though I have a (bluetooth) keyboard attached. I'd like to get rid of this behavior, HOWEVER, it's mandatory...