Windows 10: I want to turn off the screen but my laptop goes to sleep mode instead!

Discus and support I want to turn off the screen but my laptop goes to sleep mode instead! in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I just bought a LENOVO V15 G3, and in power option when I set time for turning off my display, the laptop goes to sleep mode instead. I`m pretty... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by m tvn, Jun 20, 2024.

1. m tvn Win User

I want to turn off the screen but my laptop goes to sleep mode instead!

Hi, I just bought a LENOVO V15 G3, and in power option when I set time for turning off my display, the laptop goes to sleep mode instead. I`m pretty sure that I set "put my device to sleep after" to "NEVER" for both On battery and When plugged in modes. My old ACER laptop is ok and just turn off the screen when I set time for that, but this new LENOVO just goes to sleep eighter in "Turn off my screen" or "Put my device to sleep" modes.

:)

m tvn, Jun 20, 2024

2. Windows 10 goes to lock screen instead of sleep mode.

My computer has this problem for a while but i haven't found any solution online.

My PC doesn't go to sleep mode by being idle anymore, instead of going to sleep mode it just locks the user and goes to the lock screen.

The only way to go to sleep mode is to put my PC manually.

Did anyone experienced that issue?

Any suggested solutions?

Thanks!

yonatanlib, Jun 20, 2024
  3. msi vr630 laptop screen seems to be stuck in sleep mode.

Alright here goes.

When I turn my laptop on the "moon" symbol on the lower right hand side is highlighted and after a few seconds the screen will "turn off".
    When I close the screen for a while and the power button starts flickering I can press it to bring the laptop out of hibernation and it will work for about 8 seconds before turning off again.

It doesn't appear to be a loose cord problem because there is no flickering and I managed to disable sleep and hibernation mode from both the battery and plugged in modes (with a lot of patience using the method mentioned above) but it hasn't resolved anything.

Any help for a new forum member?

greenranger, Jun 20, 2024
  4. PJS
    pjs Win User

PC hibernates / goes into sleep mode upon logout / screen lock

I am using my work computer. It's a laptop with a power connection (not running on battery.) The laptop is hocked up to two monitors (a total of three monitors, counting the laptop's own screen - I usually keep my laptop closed, however.)
    Since I am at work I always lock the screen when I leave my computer. (I use the windows+L shortcut to lock the screen.) This all works fine.

However, after about a minute the computer goes into sleep mode / hibernation. At least I think it does, because the two monitors goes black - and it takes a few seconds to "wake up the system" (the monitors doesn't come back to life immediately when I press a key on the keyboard / move the mouse, as they would if a screen saver was active.)
    This is very annoying if I step away from my computer for only a short while (like going to the bathroom.)

Here's what I want:
    With power (not running on battery):
    When I lock the screen, I want the screen to stay on for 1 minute, then go to screen saver for 15 minutes, then go to hibernation/sleep mode.

Without power (running on battery):
    When I lock the screen, I want the screen to stay on for 1 minute, then go to screen saver for 5 minutes, then go to hibernation/sleep mode.

My best bet is that this is some sort of power saving scheme thingie, but I can't seem to figure out how to configure it to do what I want. Can someone please help me with a step-by-step guide to configure my system the way I want? Thank you.

Thema:

1. I want to turn off the screen but my laptop goes to sleep mode instead! - Similar Threads - turn off screen

2. PC goes to sleep mode instead of just turning off the screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC goes to sleep mode instead of just turning off the screen: When I'm not using my PC for a while, the monitor should turn off after 5 minutes. However, instead of just the monitor turning off, the entire PC goes into sleep mode after 5 minutes, but not all the time, just most of the time. I'm still confused about this. This didn't...
  3. PC goes to sleep mode instead of just turning off the screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC goes to sleep mode instead of just turning off the screen: When I'm not using my PC for a while, the monitor should turn off after 5 minutes. However, instead of just the monitor turning off, the entire PC goes into sleep mode after 5 minutes, but not all the time, just most of the time. I'm still confused about this. This didn't...
  4. PC goes to sleep mode instead of just turning off the screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I want to turn off the screen but my laptop goes to sleep mode instead!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to turn off the screen but my laptop goes to sleep mode instead!: Hi, I just bought a LENOVO V15 G3, and in power option when I set time for turning off my display, the laptop goes to sleep mode instead. I`m pretty sure that I set "put my device to sleep after" to "NEVER" for both On battery and When plugged in modes. My old ACER laptop is...
  6. Laptop goes to sleep as soon as screen turns off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop goes to sleep as soon as screen turns off: I've had an Asus Vivobook for a couple of months now, after spending nearly 10 years using the same Toshiba netbook running Windows 7. Overall it's a great laptop but I cannot for the life of me figure out this problem, and I'm not sure if it's Windows-10-specific or...
  7. Windows 10 goes to lock screen instead of sleep mode.

Windows 10 goes to lock screen instead of sleep mode.: My computer has this problem for a while but i haven't found any solution online. My PC doesn't go to sleep mode by being idle anymore, instead of going to sleep mode it just locks the user and goes to the lock screen. The only way to go to sleep mode is to put my PC...
  8. "Turn off display" function no longer work, laptop goes into sleep mode instead.

"Turn off display" function no longer work, laptop goes into sleep mode instead.: Hi, I've just received back my notebook from Repair and was told that the motherboard was changed. I brought it back to test, and so I went to reset the PC via the OS itself I verified with one of the staff and he told me it was okay to do so. I proceeded to leave it on to...
  9. Laptop turns off instead of going to sleep or worse

Laptop turns off instead of going to sleep or worse: Hello. Ever since one of the more recent windows updates my laptop (Lenovo) does not go to sleep when I close the lid or leave for a few minutes. It is set to 'sleep' in Settings (30 mins on battery and 60 minutes when plugged in) but if I leave for just a few minutes it...
  10. tablet going to sleep instead of turning off screen

in Windows 10 Support
    tablet going to sleep instead of turning off screen: I use a Lenovo Miix tablet as a "kiosk". The tablet hangs on a wall, and never goes to sleep - but it turns off the screen after 1 minute inactivity. Touching the screen should light it up immediately. All this worked wonderfully with Windows 8.1. After the move to Win10,...