Windows 10: I want to uninstall cortana

Discus and support I want to uninstall cortana in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; i just want to uninstall cortana i tried the steps microsoft gave me and no go i still have it its like a wart will not go away thanks for any help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DYANLUNA, Oct 5, 2021.

1. DYANLUNA Win User

I want to uninstall cortana

i just want to uninstall cortana i tried the steps microsoft gave me and no go i still have it its like a wart will not go away thanks for any help someone can share thank you

:)

DYANLUNA, Oct 5, 2021

2. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused I want to uninstall cortana :confused:

oli_ramsay, Oct 5, 2021
  3. Dewdrop_ Win User
    Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Oct 5, 2021
  4. I want to uninstall cortana

Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Oct 5, 2021
Thema:

I want to uninstall cortana

1. I want to uninstall cortana - Similar Threads - uninstall cortana

2. Can't Install Cortana After An accidentally Uninstall.

in Cortana
    Can't Install Cortana After An accidentally Uninstall.: Hi, I Accidentally Permanently deleted Cortana from the Windows by PowerShelland tried to search for it on the Microsoft store but there is no download Button.Can anyone help me in installing it again by any Way?Thanks...
  3. Can't Install Cortana After An accidentally Uninstall.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Install Cortana After An accidentally Uninstall.: Hi, I Accidentally Permanently deleted Cortana from the Windows by PowerShelland tried to search for it on the Microsoft store but there is no download Button.Can anyone help me in installing it again by any Way?Thanks...
  4. Can't Install Cortana After An accidentally Uninstall.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I want to uninstall cortana

I want to uninstall cortana: i just want to uninstall cortana i tried the steps microsoft gave me and no go i still have it its like a wart will not go away thanks for any help someone can share thank you...
  6. I want to uninstall cortana

in Cortana
    I want to uninstall cortana: i just want to uninstall cortana i tried the steps microsoft gave me and no go i still have it its like a wart will not go away thanks for any help someone can share thank you...
  7. uninstall cortana

uninstall cortana: how do i uninstall cortana in win 10 pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstall-cortana/75d0f616-0d9e-460a-afe8-22bc67539560
  8. uninstall cortana

uninstall cortana: I want to uninstall cortana https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstall-cortana/0d935ff5-d3cd-4f3c-8f4a-662c4024963d
  9. How to uninstall Cortana

in Cortana
    How to uninstall Cortana: I find it truly sickening that, in a time of high online privacy concerns, Microsoft decides to install spyware on my WORK computer, completely without my consent. I was looking around online for ways to uninstall it, but sites warn that tampering with the Windows registry...
  10. Cortana = disgusting how do I uninstall this junk?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cortana = disgusting how do I uninstall this junk?: I find it truly sickening that, in a time of high online privacy concerns, Microsoft decides to install spyware on my WORK computer, completely without my consent. I was looking around online for ways to uninstall it, but sites warn that tampering with the Windows registry...