Windows 10: I want to update to the current version of windows 12, but I got an error, and nothing in...

Discus and support I want to update to the current version of windows 12, but I got an error, and nothing in... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I use the Windows 10 Update Assistant, it runs, but at the end it fails, and tells me to retry. I retry, same thing, so I find my error code in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by rollz_990, Sep 25, 2022.

1. rollz_990 Win User

I want to update to the current version of windows 12, but I got an error, and nothing in...

When I use the Windows 10 Update Assistant, it runs, but at the end it fails, and tells me to retry. I retry, same thing, so I find my error code in the list It says there's a problem with windows activation. The list tells me to go to a setting that I don't have. I am on version 1607 right now, and my error code is 0x80004005

:)

rollz_990, Sep 25, 2022

2. Windows Update Error Message 0x80070543

Ya Ya Ya, there's over a hundred threads like this, ...

Anyway, started getting this error message a few days ago, and done a lot of searching on this error message, apparently it's not, uncommon.

In particular, the (currently) 4 updates that are being affected are:
    • Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3173428) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3172729) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3174060) - Error 0x80070543
    • Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3176493) - Error 0x80070543

The actions I've taken to date are:
    1. Uninstalled firewall program (comodo)
    2. Uninstalled anti-virus (Avast)
    3. Reset the windows update catalog on local machine.

So the above errors are with the above done.

What other steps should I be taking to resolve the issue?

Below is notations for when I actually add to this thread.

1. Attempted to use the troubleshooter, no dice.

cDreamDancer, Sep 25, 2022
  3. DaMulta Win User
    Who has seen this vista update error

When you go to Windows vista update and it tell you to update a driver that you have already updated. Then it says failed to update and gives you the error code that tell you that you already have a never version than that. WTF? Why in the world would it be trying to updated something with an older driver. Well the only way to get it out of your windows update list is to go uninstall what ever that driver is then run the update and install it. Then run the newer drivers again.

Well I still can't get the Nivida Network Bridge to disappear out of the list. I uninstall the one in device manager and go to the update and before it's even done with that. Vista is automatically installing a newer version than is in the Vista update list.......

DaMulta, Sep 25, 2022
  4. Al Burc Win User

I want to update to the current version of windows 12, but I got an error, and nothing in...

Unable to update Window 10 Pro version 1607 to version 1709

Have made several attempts to update Windows 10 version 1607 to the latest version 1709 and have not been successful.

I've done the following per some suggestions found online:

• Updated drivers
    • Ran the Trouble Shooter for Windows 10 (Errors found were shown to be "Fixed" per the tool)
    • Unplugged the printer
    • Ran the DISM.exe
    Although not at every attempt, I have received the following errors:

• 0xc1900101 - 0x30018
    • 0x900704c7
    Can someone please advise me as to what the errors are and provide me with the steps to update Windows.

Thank you

Al Burc, Sep 25, 2022
Thema:

1. I want to update to the current version of windows 12, but I got an error, and nothing in... - Similar Threads - update current version

2. I want to update to the current version of windows 12, but I got an error, and nothing in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to update to the current version of windows 12, but I got an error, and nothing in...: When I use the Windows 10 Update Assistant, it runs, but at the end it fails, and tells me to retry. I retry, same thing, so I find my error code in the list It says there's a problem with windows activation. The list tells me to go to a setting that I don't have. I am on...
  3. I want to update to the current version of windows 12, but I got an error, and nothing in...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I want to update to the current version of windows 12, but I got an error, and nothing in...: When I use the Windows 10 Update Assistant, it runs, but at the end it fails, and tells me to retry. I retry, same thing, so I find my error code in the list It says there's a problem with windows activation. The list tells me to go to a setting that I don't have. I am on...
  4. I do not want to currently update windows 10

I do not want to currently update windows 10: Last week, I updated my computer like normal and it completely crashed my computer. I couldn't start it or anything. I had to reformat my hard drive and reinstall windows 10. However, there hasn't been any news about this so, in the meantime, I refuse to update windows 10....
  5. i got an error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    i got an error: video tdr failure in a blue window what is that mean?? how to solve it, does it effecting the video quality in my pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-got-an-error/d7c1e9f3-faa6-42e7-84a2-b40fc0f02a6d
  6. I own the current version of minecraft for windows 10 and the microsoft store wants me to...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I own the current version of minecraft for windows 10 and the microsoft store wants me to...: So, I uninstalled it for a while and today i went to reinstall it but it now says for me to pay $20 USD again which I don't have the money to. All I did before was clear my temporary files to make room for Minecraft ... Is there a way for me to get it back or would i have to...
  7. I got an error when i want to update my pc from 1909 to 2004 version 0x8007042d

I got an error when i want to update my pc from 1909 to 2004 version 0x8007042d: [ATTACH] Can you guys help me solve this problem? i really need to update my pc today! Thank You! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-got-an-error-when-i-want-to-update-my-pc-from/aee09ae0-e711-4db0-b7e6-ee59bd66241e
  8. Can I install an earlier version of Windows 10 over my current version? Nothing but trouble.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can I install an earlier version of Windows 10 over my current version? Nothing but trouble.: I just built a new PC and installed the latest April release v2004 of 64bit Windows 10 Pro from scratch on a fresh clean M.2 drive. I've had nothing but trouble. An absolute nightmare. Every existing folder on my reused drives tells me I "don't have permission" to access my...
  9. I want to reset my PC, but keep my current windows 10 current updated version . Is it possible?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I want to reset my PC, but keep my current windows 10 current updated version . Is it possible?: So after updating for more than 4 hours for the latest Windows 10, version 2004 update, I want to reset my PC, but I would also like to keep my system to the current upgraded version, I would like to erase all my other files. Will resetting my system with "Remove everything"...
  10. i got error 0x80190001 when update 1703 to 1803 version

i got error 0x80190001 when update 1703 to 1803 version: i got error 0x80190001 when update 1703 to 1803 version https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/i-got-error-0x80190001-when-update-1703-to-1803/0cb174fd-de4a-4c13-a635-f0584d1aa506