Windows 10: I want to use a security key to login to my PERSONAL account. Why must I have a work or...

Discus and support I want to use a security key to login to my PERSONAL account. Why must I have a work or... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I want to use a security key to login to my PERSONAL account. Why must I have a work or school account for that feature?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Daniel Hill2, Mar 21, 2023.

1. I want to use a security key to login to my PERSONAL account. Why must I have a work or...

I want to use a security key to login to my PERSONAL account. Why must I have a work or school account for that feature?

:)

Daniel Hill2, Mar 21, 2023
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Mar 21, 2023
  3. Try3 Win User
    Security Key

Some tentative suggestions -
    1 Perhaps you mean the 'Security key' for a WiFi network?
    2 Perhaps you mean the 'Security key' for your router's Admin functions that is controlling your WiFi network?
    3 Perhaps you mean your Windows user account login 'password' or a 'PIN' that you have set it up to accept instead?

Denis

4. Brink Win User

I want to use a security key to login to my PERSONAL account. Why must I have a work or...

Microsoft: Additional steps to help keep personal information secure

Source: Additional steps to help keep your personal information secure - Microsoft on the Issues

Brink, Mar 21, 2023
Thema:

I want to use a security key to login to my PERSONAL account. Why must I have a work or...

1. I want to use a security key to login to my PERSONAL account. Why must I have a work or... - Similar Threads - security key login

2. My personal account became a work account and now I cannot login.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My personal account became a work account and now I cannot login.: I was working in PowerBI Desktop and was about to publish one of my reports to Power BI Online to try and share with my team. I logged in with my regular BI online credentials my Google work email, I'm an account admin and was asked to purchase a subscription. When I tried to...
  3. My personal account became a work account and now I cannot login.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My personal account became a work account and now I cannot login.: I was working in PowerBI Desktop and was about to publish one of my reports to Power BI Online to try and share with my team. I logged in with my regular BI online credentials my Google work email, I'm an account admin and was asked to purchase a subscription. When I tried to...
  4. Having Problems Separating my Personal Microsoft Account and my Work Microsoft Account. I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having Problems Separating my Personal Microsoft Account and my Work Microsoft Account. I...: I have a Personal Microsoft Account and a Work Microsoft Account. I am not able to Sign-In to my Personal OneDrive on my Personal Windows 10 Computer. I installed Windows 11 on a New Computer yesterday, and when I Sign-In with my Personal Windows Account Password, I get...
  5. I want to use a security key to login to my PERSONAL account. Why must I have a work or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to use a security key to login to my PERSONAL account. Why must I have a work or...: I want to use a security key to login to my PERSONAL account. Why must I have a work or school account for that feature? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-use-a-security-key-to-login-to-my/61e02001-6b97-403b-9b60-c4b93f2045b1
  6. I want to login by using security key only and not use password anymore, How ?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I want to login by using security key only and not use password anymore, How ?: I want to login my account completely passwordless with my security key. So I set up my security key in "Windows Hello and security keys" and it's works fine, I can login by using my security key. But when I tried to login with my password it still can login with no...
  7. Security key login works, But why I can still login with my password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Security key login works, But why I can still login with my password: please answer my 2 questions 1. I just set up a security key to login my account and it works fine, But when I try to login with my password it's still can login without security key needed! I want my account accessible with my security key only not password anymore. How to...
  8. Why must I use Windows hello to login?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Why must I use Windows hello to login?: I cannot login to my windows account on the Microsoft store without using Windows hello. My devices do not support windows hello, nor do i have it activated. Can anyone please advise on how i can login to my account without Windows hello? Thanks. [ATTACH]...
  9. I want to close an account that Microsoft seems to have trouble with, it must be hacked.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I want to close an account that Microsoft seems to have trouble with, it must be hacked.: If you could tell me how to close a corrupted account that has been suspended, I would be in your debt...I must say something though, I've been searching online for other people whom Microsoft suspended their accounts, some who have had their accounts for less than a day....
  10. I Must be one lucky person

in Windows 10 Support
    I Must be one lucky person: I have two 15" HP Envy Touchsmart laptops and an MS SP2 Pro and upgraded all three of the from 8.1 to 10. All three upgrades went about as smooth as you could ask for. I was having a couple of problems on one of my Envy's and the upgrade to 10 fixed the problems. After...