Windows 10: I want to use an external microphone on my laptop for online class and talking to my...

Discus and support I want to use an external microphone on my laptop for online class and talking to my... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TacitusKilgore_1899 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TacitusKilgore_1899, Oct 27, 2020.

1. I want to use an external microphone on my laptop for online class and talking to my...

/u/TacitusKilgore_1899, Oct 27, 2020

2. External microphones detected but not working

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing with External microphone. I will surely help you.

I suggest you to run a Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Please follow the below mentioned steps to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Search for Troubleshooting in the
      Search box
      , and run it.
    • Select view all in the left pane of troubleshooting Window.
    • Click on the Hardware and Devices, and follow the
      on-screen instructions.

Please reach back to us if you still face difficulty with external microphone. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Mayank_Bhiwal, Oct 27, 2020
  3. External microphone not showing in the Recording tab

My Windows 10 laptop is not recognizing any external microphones. I have two headsets: a Bluetooth one and one for an audio jack. Both headsets work correctly on other devices. When I connect the headsets to my computer, I can hear audio, but the microphones
    do not work.

Here are the steps I've taken so far:

• Updated drivers (they were already up to date)
    • From Sound Settings, headsets do not appear as options for the input device
    • Ran the microphone troubleshooter - headsets do not appear as options
    • From Control Panel > Sound > Recording, headsets do not appear as options. I have selected the disabled and disconnected devices options.
    • From Microphone Privacy, all apps have access to the microphone.
    That's everything I found online to fix this problem. Any suggestions?

TechWriterHeather, Oct 27, 2020
  4. I want to use an external microphone on my laptop for online class and talking to my...

External Microphone Problem

I have the same problem on an HP laptop. I've looked for hours on forums, gone through all the troubleshooting steps on the HP help page for this issue, reinstalled/updated drivers, checked the microphone privacy setting, ran troubleshooting, etcetera.

I'm running Windows10 on an HP laptop, and it refuses to see the microphone on the 3.5mm combo jack. The microphone works fine on an older Dell laptop with a dedicated microphone jack.

Very frustrating, as even the HP help page notes that external microphones should work on the combo jack.

Jeroen van der Valk, Oct 27, 2020
Thema:

I want to use an external microphone on my laptop for online class and talking to my...

1. I want to use an external microphone on my laptop for online class and talking to my... - Similar Threads - external microphone laptop

2. I hear people talking from my laptop.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I hear people talking from my laptop.: I've had this twice. When I was in a game, the headphones were connected and I could hear the game on my headphones and at one point I heard from my laptop how some people were talking and I left the game and they couldn't longer be heard. I reinstalled the game again and it...
  3. BSOD help please, I need my pc for online classes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD help please, I need my pc for online classes: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/BenjieOcampo [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jofira/bsod_help_please_i_need_my_pc_for_online_classes/
  4. I was using OBS to record an online class on MS Teams

I was using OBS to record an online class on MS Teams: I was using OBS to record an online class and the teacher literally said that somebody was recording and asked to stop and delete the file, I quckly checked to see if somebody was using the record button on teams but it was disabled, is there a way they could know if you are...
  5. My laptop won't use the microphone in my Apple headphones.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My laptop won't use the microphone in my Apple headphones.: I have a pair of Apple Earbuds headphones with a microphone and a 3.5mm jack and an MSI GT75 Titan. When I plug the headphones into the "headphone" jack, I can hear sound through them instead of the onboard speakers, but when I plug them into the microphone jack, my laptop...
  6. I want to use my camera but...

I want to use my camera but...: I have a question, I want use my camera but heres the problem, I have a headset with a microphone, and I have my camera but it also has a microphone. I plugged the camera into my computer and when i went to control panel, hardware and sound, sound, then went to the recording...
  7. My laptop is taking my external microphone the same as the internal one.

My laptop is taking my external microphone the same as the internal one.: So I have one jack, which is for both the audio and the microphone, but the microphone just broke, so I want to use the internal one. The thing is, my computer doesn't recognize the external microphone as a different device from the internal microphone. When I unplug them,...
  8. My dell laptop cannot detect external microphone

My dell laptop cannot detect external microphone: Hi, I am having some issues with my headset. I have Dell G7 laptop with Realtek audio. Whenever I connect my headset my laptop can't recognize it and I have to restart my computer. After restart, only headphones work but microphone stays undetected. I tried to reinstall...
  9. My microphone which I used to talk to Cortana, disappeared and I have no idea of how to get...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My microphone which I used to talk to Cortana, disappeared and I have no idea of how to get...: See above … says it all Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-microphone-which-i-used-to-talk-to-cortana/3aec8755-a8db-42fa-a45b-08d6b06c39d3
  10. My microphone which I used to talk to CVortana, disappeared and I have no idea of how to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My microphone which I used to talk to CVortana, disappeared and I have no idea of how to...: See above … says it all Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-microphone-which-i-used-to-talk-to-cvortana/3aec8755-a8db-42fa-a45b-08d6b06c39d3