Windows 10: I want to use my computer without having to log into Microsoft

Discus and support I want to use my computer without having to log into Microsoft in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Okay, I've been through this exercise about 40 times since Windows Vista added the darn login/user account **** to my computers. I want to be able... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Chemist18, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Chemist18 Win User

I want to use my computer without having to log into Microsoft

Okay,

I've been through this exercise about 40 times since Windows Vista added the darn login/user account **** to my computers.

I want to be able to turn my computer on and use it without having to log into a Microsoft account. I have been through a bazillion tutorials explaining how to defeat this but none of them seem to work. Under user accounts next to "User must enter a user name and password" the box is unchecked. Under settings -> Accounts -> Sign-in options and "Require sign-in" I have selected "Never".

Yet whenever I reboot my computer is am required to either log into my Microsoft account or enter a PIN. I think being forced to log into a Microsoft account on my computer is a vile violation of my personal privacy and having to enter a PIN on my computer is just plain useless and annoying.

Please don't try to lecture me on computer/data security. Forcing me to log into a Microsoft account tells me a secure computer isimpossible. I do not keep files with my personal data on my hard drive and I do not use cloud services.

Every time I fix this problem and it IS a problem, Microsoft pushes and update and I have to go through it all over again. Every time this happens it makes me unreasonably irritable until I can fix it again. I know Windows 10 spies on me every second of every day but I don't need a reminder of is when I start up my computer.

Someone, PLEASE point me to the latest secret way of bypassing this annoyance.

:)

Chemist18, Nov 28, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 28, 2020
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Surface Pro 4 Log in issues

Hello Bex,

For us to help you suggest steps to resolve the issue, we would like to know some information:

• Did you get any error messages when signing in to your account?
    • Have you made any significant changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried to login using a different Microsoft account or local account on the computer?

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps provided by Ashish Sondhi on this

link

Post us back with the result.

Remon Ont, Nov 28, 2020
  4. Aquinus Win User

Does this computer build have compatibility problems? Opinions welcomed!

Lets start with what you're going to use this computer for, not what you want to put in it.

Rules/steps to building a computer (in chronological order):
    First rule: Determine what your needs are.
    Second rule: Define your budget.
    Third rule: Pick parts.
    Fourth rule: Review parts several times.
    Fifth rule: Buy said parts.
    Sixth rule: Build it.

You are on rule/step 1. Go through the list until you're done.

Aquinus, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

1. I want to use my computer without having to log into Microsoft - Similar Threads - computer without having

2. I wanted to use my finger reader in order to unlock my laptop and have a pin without using...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I wanted to use my finger reader in order to unlock my laptop and have a pin without using...: When trying to set a new finger or setting up a pin it would tell me that it wasn't available at the moment. That got me thinking how was that possible. After searching I found out that it was because a program called windows hello. And after turning it off, i couldn't use my...
  3. I wanted to use my finger reader in order to unlock my laptop and have a pin without using...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I wanted to use my finger reader in order to unlock my laptop and have a pin without using...: When trying to set a new finger or setting up a pin it would tell me that it wasn't available at the moment. That got me thinking how was that possible. After searching I found out that it was because a program called windows hello. And after turning it off, i couldn't use my...
  4. Logging into my desktop computer without having created a PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logging into my desktop computer without having created a PIN: I log into my computer each morning with the same password. This morning the computer asked me to enter a PIN. I assumed this was another way of asking again for my password, since I have never created a PIN, just a password. I tried to access the computer several times in...
  5. Logging into my desktop computer without having created a PIN

Logging into my desktop computer without having created a PIN: I log into my computer each morning with the same password. This morning the computer asked me to enter a PIN. I assumed this was another way of asking again for my password, since I have never created a PIN, just a password. I tried to access the computer several times in...
  6. How Do I Completely Remove the Microsoft Log-In and Use My Computer Without You Controlling Me?

How Do I Completely Remove the Microsoft Log-In and Use My Computer Without You Controlling Me?: Pretty simple. I want to open my computer and use it. No log-in to Microsoft at all. I don't want the tracking, and the security system that randomly shuts down my access is COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE and a really really really terrible security protocol.So I want to wipe that...
  7. How Do I Completely Remove the Microsoft Log-In and Use My Computer Without You Controlling Me?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How Do I Completely Remove the Microsoft Log-In and Use My Computer Without You Controlling Me?: Pretty simple. I want to open my computer and use it. No log-in to Microsoft at all. I don't want the tracking, and the security system that randomly shuts down my access is COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE and a really really really terrible security protocol.So I want to wipe that...
  8. Using computer without Microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Using computer without Microsoft account: I bought a new computer yesterday. It required me to link it to a Microsoft account in order to even turn the computer on. No other option was given. Of course, I didn't want a Microsoft account or to link my computer to one, but I did what was necessary in order to turn...
  9. I want to stay logged into my computer.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    I want to stay logged into my computer.: I have Windows 10 & Microsoft 16on my laptop. When I leave my laptop for even 5 minutes, it requires me to log in again. I want to stay logged in. How? I have tried setting the power to stay logged in , but it will not. I get tired of having to log in again when I have been...
  10. I don't want to have to log in.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I don't want to have to log in.: I am new to Win 10, I am the only person who uses my computer and I don't want to have to sign in. I recently registered for a Microsoft Account and found that I then had to log in. To make things easier I changed this to a Local Account log in but I don't really want to sign...