Windows 10: I want to use my mouse that plugs in and not the mouse pad but can notset it up.

Discus and support I want to use my mouse that plugs in and not the mouse pad but can notset it up. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How do I use only the plug in mouse and not the mouse pad? * Moved from IE10/other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LorneLarocque, Dec 13, 2018.

1. I want to use my mouse that plugs in and not the mouse pad but can notset it up.

How do I use only the plug in mouse and not the mouse pad?

* Moved from IE10/other

:)

LorneLarocque, Dec 13, 2018

2. mouse pad

I tried what was suggested but it kept going back to the same problem. I realized when I rolled back the driver it was disabling the elan mouse pad and going back to the ps/2 mouse pad . So I uninstalled the elan mouse pad and the problem was solved.

TerrieLucero, Dec 13, 2018
  3. Touch pad Mouse

The mouse driver can be outdated which causes the issue. To resolve this, we need to do several troubleshooting steps. We suggest that you update the mouse driver from the Device Manager. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right click on Mouse driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Restart the computer for the changes to take effect.
    Let us know how it goes.

Jennifer Bri, Dec 13, 2018
  4. Suijin Win User

I want to use my mouse that plugs in and not the mouse pad but can notset it up.

Mouse Pads

Ah, I have been looking for a mouse pad also and looked nto the diferent ones on Newegg also.

I hadn't considered just cutting a cookie sheet down or something (I don't have a great way of cutting it I don't think). Thanks for the suggestions.

Suijin, Dec 13, 2018
Thema:

I want to use my mouse that plugs in and not the mouse pad but can notset it up.

1. I want to use my mouse that plugs in and not the mouse pad but can notset it up. - Similar Threads - mouse plugs mouse

2. Mouse Pad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Pad: Hi,I've just got a new laptop and I'm having trouble with my pointer. It does things all on it's own, without me clicking on anything. Also, when I'm typing, I will suddenly be typing in the middle of a previous sentence, it's very frustrating and I can't find how to stop it....
  3. Mouse Pad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Pad: Hi,I've just got a new laptop and I'm having trouble with my pointer. It does things all on it's own, without me clicking on anything. Also, when I'm typing, I will suddenly be typing in the middle of a previous sentence, it's very frustrating and I can't find how to stop it....
  4. inhibit touch pad when a mouse is plugged in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    inhibit touch pad when a mouse is plugged in: Shortly after the last windows 10 automatic upgrade I am no longer able to disable my touch pad on my HP laptop - I use to be able to do it so that when an external mouse was detected the internal touch pad was disabled. Can't do that anymore and its a real inconvenience....
  5. mouse pad

mouse pad: How can I disable my mouse pad on my Asus computer? It drives my crazy. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pad/3158fff2-3cdd-4ff2-9327-d6cbd7d6b5ac
  6. on laptop, plug in mouse ok, unplug mouse then no track pad control

in Windows 10 Support
    on laptop, plug in mouse ok, unplug mouse then no track pad control: I find I have to reboot to gain track pad control again. Is that normal? 131638
  7. mouse pad

mouse pad: On my laptop, the pas does not move the mouse any more? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pad/5e96e8a4-1bc7-4f2e-93bd-f913ecd41551
  8. Mouse pad Use

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse pad Use: I can not get my mouse pad on new computer to work the same as normal. The side slide bar no longer slides up and done by pressing left key and pulling it down. Now I must put pointer in the bottom of slide bar and tap tap tap and it moves but too fast or jumps to the...
  9. Mouse Pad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse Pad: I have a Toshiba laptop, and my mouse on my computer is not working, what can i do to get it to work again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pad/60e3d4cf-131d-4b43-817f-be08457ccdd9
  10. mouse pad

mouse pad: How do reverse disabling the mouse pad on an asus touchscreen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/mouse-pad/33b07987-2d8c-4743-9b2c-35077e9ac08e