Windows 10: I want to use my PRTSCN function key

Discus and support I want to use my PRTSCN function key in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; It used to work just fine then something happened.....my PrtScn button on my Microsoft Wireless Comfort Keyboard 5050 does NOT work anymore when I push... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BpSitRep, Sep 21, 2018.

1. BpSitRep Win User

I want to use my PRTSCN function key

It used to work just fine then something happened.....my PrtScn button on my Microsoft Wireless Comfort Keyboard 5050 does NOT work anymore when I push it. Alt + PrtScn nope, Cntl + Alt + PrtScn nope, Win Key + PrtScn brings up start menu. I keep reading that 'Snipping Tool' has 'disabled my key'....is this true. I want my PrtScn back....please help!

:)

BpSitRep, Sep 21, 2018

2. alt-key functionality

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Single Click on the file.
    • Tap F2 ( Function Key).
    • Then type the name and enter.
    Hope this answers your query and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Sep 22, 2018
  3. C-sprngs Win User
    My PRTSCN button no longer works

Hello, and thank you!

• I have an LG computer and a DELL key board. I couldn't find the make, but it is older, with red music control buttons and a windows icon for the 'start' button.
    • Before, I did not have to use any key with my print screen button. It worked by only pressing that key. Now, I have to use Windows + PrtScn, go into a Word document, paste the photo, then "Save photo as...," and then it's saved.
    • I don't believe I'm using any other program. The screenshots used to go directly to my dropbox.

C-sprngs, Sep 22, 2018
  4. I want to use my PRTSCN function key

CTRL + PrtScn not working

Windows Key + PrtScn. The screen will darken for a second which means the screenshot was taken.

Personally, I prefer the Snipping Tool. Start | All Apps | Windows Accessories | Snipping Tool.

Bruce Hagen, Sep 22, 2018
Thema:

I want to use my PRTSCN function key

1. I want to use my PRTSCN function key - Similar Threads - PRTSCN function key

2. How to use PrtScn on the WUR0385 keyboard?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use PrtScn on the WUR0385 keyboard?: Manual for the WUR0385 keyboard. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-use-prtscn-on-the-wur0385-keyboard/d52fea2e-d3de-4c7a-9207-ee8b50d919b3
  3. How to use PrtScn on the WUR0385 keyboard?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to use PrtScn on the WUR0385 keyboard?: Manual for the WUR0385 keyboard. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-use-prtscn-on-the-wur0385-keyboard/d52fea2e-d3de-4c7a-9207-ee8b50d919b3
  4. How to use PrtScn on the WUR0385 keyboard?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. lost prtscn function

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lost prtscn function: Recently when I hit the prtscn key, I get an option to turn on carat browsing rather than capturing the screen. Anyone know how I can get my prtscn function back? I have Windows 10 and a Surface Pro...
  6. lost prtscn function

lost prtscn function: Recently when I hit the prtscn key, I get an option to turn on carat browsing rather than capturing the screen. Anyone know how I can get my prtscn function back? I have Windows 10 and a Surface Pro...
  7. lost prtscn function

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Some keys won't function when I use other keys

Some keys won't function when I use other keys: In every application, every keyboard I've used, and just with this PC, for some reason I am not able to press shift + space + any other key at the same time. This control is very valuable to most games I play and I have to unpress either shift or space for any other key to...
  9. Switching Function Keys' Use

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Switching Function Keys' Use: Hi, I have a Toshiba Satellite P50-C-12Z and have been trying to change my function keys so that I don't need to press the fn button to use the special keys (change volume and brightness etc) - and so need to press fn to use the F1-12 keys. I found the setting in the BIOS...
  10. My PRTSCN key isnt working

in Windows 10 Customization
    My PRTSCN key isnt working: My PRTSCN key isnt working, thank you in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-prtscn-key-isnt-working/dac34325-534b-471f-b90d-c241e3f37cff

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to use prtscn in dell keyboard

2. how dto use PrtScn F9 function

3. how to use prtscn no funciton key