Windows 10: I want to use VGA as primary (#1) monitor

Discus and support I want to use VGA as primary (#1) monitor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I understand the frustration with this. If I use two VGA monitor ports, I can toggle the monitors any way I choose. If though, I want to use aa VGA as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by djbillyd, Mar 15, 2016.

1. djbillyd Win User

I want to use VGA as primary (#1) monitor

I understand the frustration with this. If I use two VGA monitor ports, I can toggle the monitors any way I choose. If though, I want to use aa VGA as the primary (#1) monitor, and I use HDMI as the extended monitor, IT then becomes #1, and the app that I am running becomes useless. I need o be able to manipulate the video feed from the #1 monitor, the VGA, and display the chosen video on the HDMI monitor. Now, how do I manage this in Windows 10? I use use both monitors in my project.

:)

djbillyd, Mar 15, 2016

2. Upgrade from Win8.1 to Win10. Screen blank - Monitors not powering - STUCK!!!

I looked at the back of PC, and the standard VGA port is not in use, and the NVIDIA card's two output HDMI ports are the primary. There is no video from these ports, where under the Win8.1 install those were primary.

I hooked a VGA monitor to the standard VGA port and there's my video...

I think this oversight on the program management team's part is going to sideline quite a few people who may not understand how to get past the issue.

TomEdwards_908, Mar 15, 2016
  3. HeliosLHD Win User
    Windows dual-boot screen blank (but functional) after Creator's Update

I'll have to look at the BCD graphics options... sounds like it might be a cause.

Forgot to mention it's a dual monitor system.

POST appears on Monitor 1 (primary)

First roving dots appears on Monitor 1

Roving dots switch to Monitor2 for ~10 seconds before the boot selection selection screen

Typically, Boot selection would reappear on Monitor 1, now both monitors are "on" i.e. not sleeping, and receiving a sync signal, but no video

should i do something like?

bcdedit /set vga on

HeliosLHD, Mar 15, 2016
Thema:

I want to use VGA as primary (#1) monitor

1. I want to use VGA as primary (#1) monitor - Similar Threads - VGA primary monitor

2. Can I use a portable monitor as a primary monitor. I was using a smart TV and I don't want...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I use a portable monitor as a primary monitor. I was using a smart TV and I don't want...: I've been using a smart TV as my monitor I want to buy a portable monitor and use it and no longer use the TV is it possible to use a portable monitor as a primary use for my desktop...
  3. Can I use a portable monitor as a primary monitor. I was using a smart TV and I don't want...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I use a portable monitor as a primary monitor. I was using a smart TV and I don't want...: I've been using a smart TV as my monitor I want to buy a portable monitor and use it and no longer use the TV is it possible to use a portable monitor as a primary use for my desktop...
  4. Can I use a portable monitor as a primary monitor. I was using a smart TV and I don't want...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Only 1 External Monitor is Displaying Picture, not Both at Same Time Monitor with VGA or...

Only 1 External Monitor is Displaying Picture, not Both at Same Time Monitor with VGA or...: I have a Dell docking station and a Windows 10 21H1 Dell laptop. I also have 2 external Dell monitors.When I plug in the display port cord for one monitor, the external monitor displays picture, but when I plug in the VGA cord, the display port monitor stops working and the...
  6. My primary display is monitor 2 in Windows and my secondary monitor is 1. I want to have it...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My primary display is monitor 2 in Windows and my secondary monitor is 1. I want to have it...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/GamePerson [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fsqvok/my_primary_display_is_monitor_2_in_windows_and_my/
  7. a vga monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    a vga monitor: hi I purchased a better graphics card for one of my pc. s regretfully I sold it on. this was a gtx 980. now the new gtx 1070 will not recognise my vga monitor. I have tried running it through various adapters . i.e vga to dvi and hdmi to vga. hdmi to dvi. all no good....
  8. Want to see all the non-primary extended screens in the primary monitor's screen.

Want to see all the non-primary extended screens in the primary monitor's screen.: Hi, I extended the screen of my PC to multiple devices. And want to see the screen of connected devices in my primary monitor to know what is showing on the screen of those devices because the non-primary devices are not directly visible to me....
  9. Primary monitor connected to motherboard but want games on secondary

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Primary monitor connected to motherboard but want games on secondary: I have two monitors. Due to limitations on the ports my monitors have, my primary monitor is plugged into my motherboard and uses my CPU's integrated graphics. My secondary (smaller) monitor is plugged into my dedicated graphics card. If I start a computer game, it comes up...
  10. 1 monitor primary display and 4 monitor secondary display

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    1 monitor primary display and 4 monitor secondary display: Our church wants to setup a display composed of four 20" square monitor. This will be our secondary display. Computer specs at the moment: CPU: Intel i3-3210 GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 210 RAM: 2 x 4GB DDR3 1333 MHz MB: ASUS P8H61-M LX3 PLUS R2.0 OS: Windows 10 Pro x64...