Windows 10: I want to virtualize the hard rive from windows 7 laptop which died.

Discus and support I want to virtualize the hard rive from windows 7 laptop which died. in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; hey everyone. I think I'm getting ready to embark on my first virtualization. I had a laptop running windows 7 (upgraded from windows vista) and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by seanincali, Mar 25, 2019.

1. I want to virtualize the hard rive from windows 7 laptop which died.

hey everyone.

I think I'm getting ready to embark on my first virtualization. I had a laptop running windows 7 (upgraded from windows vista) and it died.

So I put the hard drive in an enclosure and connected it to my new laptop running windows 10.

I've heard that if i were to virtualize the windows 7 hard drive using windows 10, then I can run the windows 7 hard and its application as if running windows 7 itself.

Is that right?

Anyway my other question was that let's say i do virtualize the windows 7 hard drive and save it to my windows 10 hard drive. What happens to the windows 7 hard drive itself?

Can I move the virtualized windows 7 hard drive content back to the windows 7 hard drive once it's been virtualized?

I think there has to be a way to do that otherwise, I have two copies of the windows 7 hard drive contents.

I need some help in understanding this. Thanks for any tips.

:)

seanincali, Mar 25, 2019
  2. VIC
    Vic Win User

Windows 7 virtual wifi authentication mode

Hello.

Just a quick question to whoever is using windows 7 virtual wifi capability - when you type in "netsh wlan show hostednetwork", cmd window displays a list of settings for your hosted virtual wifi.

I was wondering, is there a way to change authentication method from WPA2-Personal to simple WEP ?

Cheers.

3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 7 to Pack Virtual Windows XP

the virtual system uses a virtual soundblaster 16, which was definately compatible with most of the DOS games out there.

Mussels, Mar 25, 2019
  4. iStink Win User

I want to virtualize the hard rive from windows 7 laptop which died.

Windows 7 to Pack Virtual Windows XP

ah! lol. I selected xp from a list and thought that was all that was needed, turns out its just suggesting settings based on the selection. I'll just read up on this. I'm rushing into it without much thought here.

ya I'm an idiot dude. I thought this would be like the windows mobile emulator in visual studio where everything is loaded already for you. I dont exactly have an xp disc laying around here at work lol.

I'll just have to play with it when I get home.

iStink, Mar 25, 2019
Thema:

I want to virtualize the hard rive from windows 7 laptop which died.

1. I want to virtualize the hard rive from windows 7 laptop which died. - Similar Threads - virtualize hard rive

2. I have windows 7 but want 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I have windows 7 but want 10: If I download the windows 10 creation tool can I use my Windows 7 License on windows 10 or do I need to buy a new one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-windows-7-but-want-10/1bbfd08c-ca51-4bf4-bd03-9ddb86b5caa9"
  3. I want to virtualize the hard drive from windows 7 laptop which died

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    I want to virtualize the hard drive from windows 7 laptop which died: hey everyone. I think I'm getting ready to embark on my first virtualization. I had a laptop running windows 7 (upgraded from windows vista) and it died. So I put the hard drive in an enclosure and connected it to my new laptop running windows 10. I've heard that if i...
  4. Dying laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Dying laptop: Good evening to all,Hope someone can give me some advice. I have a dying hp laptop been having small problems very often. Have done a complete windows reset for the third time beginning of the week so decided to go and get another newer model. don't use it for any hard work...
  5. Dying Hard Drive?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dying Hard Drive?: Over the past two weeks my hard drive has came to concluding evidence that it is dying and I was wondering if there was anyway to fix it. Take a look at my Crystal Disk Info....
  6. I want to go back to Windows 7.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I want to go back to Windows 7.: Microsoft freely gave us Windows 10 which is too much for a lot of older computers. Mine can pretty much only open this web browser at this point. Can't to anything else even though I've done a recovery and nothing is on this computer except what was installed by the...
  7. My Hard drive died

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Hard drive died: My hard drive in my laptop failed . I'm having to replace the drive. I have the windows 10 home on a USB from when the disability desk helped me recover my laptop from malware. I think the hard drive was damaged from the infection because whole sectors were corrupted after...
  8. Is my hard drive dying?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is my hard drive dying?: My system has an SSD boot drive and a secondary internal hard drive. The hard drive is assigned drive letter E. I use it for general storage, downloads, etc. Starting today the system hangs at boot time on SATA Port 6 - which is where the hard drive is connected. If I...
  9. Is this a hard drive dying issue?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Is this a hard drive dying issue?: Had a friend call me the other night asking for help about her PC. She said it would not boot up. It tries, but it just sits there "spinning" and not loading. She said she had Windows 10 and has had it since last year. I get there, start the PC and immediately I see it's...
  10. On startup I have to choose which OS I want.

in Windows 10 Support
    On startup I have to choose which OS I want.: On my laptop my OS is Windows 10 and only Windows 10. When I first bought the laptop it has Windows 7 installed. I then did a clean install of Windows 8 when it came out. This past July I did a clean install of Windows 10. A few weeks ago I kept getting the blue screen of...