Windows 10: I want to wipe out my hard drive of everything so I can sell this Lenovo laptop. Please help.

Discus and support I want to wipe out my hard drive of everything so I can sell this Lenovo laptop. Please help. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I want to wipe out my hard drive of everything so I can sell this Lenovo laptop. Please help.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MichaelH222, Nov 24, 2021.

1. I want to wipe out my hard drive of everything so I can sell this Lenovo laptop. Please help.

I want to wipe out my hard drive of everything so I can sell this Lenovo laptop. Please help.

:)

MichaelH222, Nov 24, 2021

2. How to wipe a hard drive

modder I already used kill-disk. The deletion is done, I need to reinstall everything.

floridajerseyguy, Nov 25, 2021
  3. Help with external hard drive

Hi Debbra,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in windows 10 and also for trying the troubleshooting steps to fix the issue. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I will certainly help you with this.

I would suggest you to plug in hard drive then check in disk management you can see the drive or not.

Follow the steps to check Drive in Disk Management.

• Go to the Control Panel then click on the
      Administrative Tools. .

• Under the Administrative Tool Click on Computer Management.

• Click on Disk Management and check the External Hard Drive.

Also check in BIOS whether External Hard Drive is listed or not.

For help with the BIOS settings, refer to the computer manual or contact the manufacturer.

If it doesn’t work then, I would suggest you to update BIOS for updating BIOS contact Lenovo Support.

Follow the link:

Lenovo Support – Drivers, Updates, How-To Guides, Technical Help and more - Lenovo Support IN

Disclaimer :

Modifying BIOS/complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings
    can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks.

Preeti Patel, Nov 25, 2021
  4. Steelman Win User

I want to wipe out my hard drive of everything so I can sell this Lenovo laptop. Please help.

Hard Drive wiping tool

Hello,

I will be selling my PC in a couple of days, is there a tool which will allow me to completely wipe the hard drive so no sensitive information can be recovered, but also leaving the hard drive in a usable condition because it will be formatted with a new Operating System ready for the next user.

Thanks! *Toast :toast:

Steelman, Nov 25, 2021
Thema:

1. I want to wipe out my hard drive of everything so I can sell this Lenovo laptop. Please help. - Similar Threads - wipe hard drive

2. I think i accidently wiped my hard drive. help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I think i accidently wiped my hard drive. help!: I was trying to perform a dual boot. I was on the ubuntu disk manager and i was trying to figure out where I had installed pear OS previously. then i accidentally clicked on the new partition table button and it cleared up the drive. realizing the mistake I've done, i...
  3. I think i accidently wiped my hard drive. help!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I think i accidently wiped my hard drive. help!: I was trying to perform a dual boot. I was on the ubuntu disk manager and i was trying to figure out where I had installed pear OS previously. then i accidentally clicked on the new partition table button and it cleared up the drive. realizing the mistake I've done, i...
  4. how to completely wipe everything off my laptop so that i can give it away.

how to completely wipe everything off my laptop so that i can give it away.: Hi,Please could you send me directions to completely wipe everything from my laptop so that I can give it to someone else without needing to sign into my account. It is a Hp stream laptop....
  5. how to completely wipe everything off my laptop so that i can give it away.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to completely wipe everything off my laptop so that i can give it away.: Hi,Please could you send me directions to completely wipe everything from my laptop so that I can give it to someone else without needing to sign into my account. It is a Hp stream laptop....
  6. How can I be sure I wiped everything off my hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I be sure I wiped everything off my hard drive: I bought a new computer and I don't like it.I reset the computer but I want to make sure I got all the files off.I set the computer keyboard for two different languages and when it came back after reset it still gave me the option of those two languages, which makes me worry...
  7. How can I be sure I wiped everything off my hard drive

How can I be sure I wiped everything off my hard drive: I bought a new computer and I don't like it.I reset the computer but I want to make sure I got all the files off.I set the computer keyboard for two different languages and when it came back after reset it still gave me the option of those two languages, which makes me worry...
  8. I want to wipe out my hard drive of everything so I can sell this Lenovo laptop. Please help.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to wipe out my hard drive of everything so I can sell this Lenovo laptop. Please help.: I want to wipe out my hard drive of everything so I can sell this Lenovo laptop. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-wipe-out-my-hard-drive-of-everything-so/0672b619-38ee-4a01-8298-855638280e4f
  9. I want to wipe out my hard drive of everything so I can sell this Lenovo laptop. Please help.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I want to wipe out my hard drive of everything so I can sell this Lenovo laptop. Please help.: I want to wipe out my hard drive of everything so I can sell this Lenovo laptop. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-wipe-out-my-hard-drive-of-everything-so/0672b619-38ee-4a01-8298-855638280e4f
  10. So I want to completely wipe my computer from everything but I don't want to lose my...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    So I want to completely wipe my computer from everything but I don't want to lose my...: So I want to completely wipe my computer from everything but I don't want to lose my windows 10 does it completely wipe off my computer as well...