Windows 10: I want win 10 to notify me when updates are available, and leave it to my control when to...

Discus and support I want win 10 to notify me when updates are available, and leave it to my control when to... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; From variations of this question I get the following (all unsatisfactory) answers. 1) pay $99 for win 10 pro 2) go back to win 8 or whatever 3) turn... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by denno47, Jul 5, 2019.

1. denno47 Win User

I want win 10 to notify me when updates are available, and leave it to my control when to...

From variations of this question I get the following (all unsatisfactory) answers.

1) pay $99 for win 10 pro

2) go back to win 8 or whatever

3) turn off updates entirely

4) set preferred times to update (still a surprise)

I want to get the necessary updates and install them. But I do not want Win 10 to ditch all my unsaved notes, close all my windows. I don't want to have to close everything each time I leave the desk.

Is MS taking all this in, or are they uninterested in actual feedback because some designer knows better? Anybody know that?

Anybody know how to achieve the way I want the computer to run?

denno 47

:)

denno47, Jul 5, 2019

2. win 10 update leaves vertical pink line on screen

today i applied latest win 10 update and now i have a vertical pink line on screen, it remains on every screen. i have tried these fixes

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan,
    System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.
    Step 2: Also, I suggest you to update the display drivers and check.

Steps to Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + Xkey when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software
    BUT i still have the line on screen.

tinacaston, Jul 5, 2019
  3. Problem with UAC in win 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

To disable UAC prompts, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• In the search bar, type Control Panel and press Enter.
    • Click on User Accounts and again click on User Accounts.
    • Click on Change User account control settings.
    • Provide password for the UAC prompt.
    • Drag the box from Always Notify to Never Notify and click on OK.
    • Provide password for the UAC prompt (if asked again).

Important: Turning off UAC reduces the security of your computer and may expose you to increased risk from malicious software. We do not recommend leaving UAC disabled.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 5, 2019
  4. DRDNA Win User

I want win 10 to notify me when updates are available, and leave it to my control when to...

Windows 10 Creators Update Available for Download

Not sure about the games you listed but no probs with Dirt Rally and benching heavensward-bench here for me. I'm going to test 3DMark too in a few minutes.

DRDNA, Jul 5, 2019
Thema:

1. I want win 10 to notify me when updates are available, and leave it to my control when to... - Similar Threads - notify updates are

2. My protection history is blank, even when windows notifies me of an issue for controlled...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My protection history is blank, even when windows notifies me of an issue for controlled...: I am having the same issue as in this post: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/my-protection-history-is-always-blank-even-when/1d46680e-b81c-4cd2-8831-9fa815f84c25However I am on the latest version of Windows 11 and I am unable to follow the...
  3. My protection history is blank, even when windows notifies me of an issue for controlled...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My protection history is blank, even when windows notifies me of an issue for controlled...: I am having the same issue as in this post: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/my-protection-history-is-always-blank-even-when/1d46680e-b81c-4cd2-8831-9fa815f84c25However I am on the latest version of Windows 11 and I am unable to follow the...
  4. I Am Not Getting Notified When Someone Updates My Post's

I Am Not Getting Notified When Someone Updates My Post's: I used to get an email when someone responds to post's I have opened, but have not gotten them recently. I do check the "Notify me when somone responds to this post" when I open one.Thanks...
  5. I want to control when I restart my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to control when I restart my computer: Hi. It is completely unacceptable that Microsoft decides when to restart my computer for updates. I'm willing to restart my computer for updates, but I want to control when it happens. Does anyone know how to make this work?BTW I am running Windows 10.Thanks,Kevin...
  6. I want to control when I restart my computer

I want to control when I restart my computer: Hi. It is completely unacceptable that Microsoft decides when to restart my computer for updates. I'm willing to restart my computer for updates, but I want to control when it happens. Does anyone know how to make this work?BTW I am running Windows 10.Thanks,Kevin...
  7. I want to control when I restart my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. user account control settings will not say in "Never notify me when"

in Windows 10 Customization
    user account control settings will not say in "Never notify me when": G'day Folks, I have the reoccurring issue with "user account control settings will not say in "Never notify me when" I can get it to stay there as long as the workstation is on, however one rebooted after a "Shut Down" it reverts back to the default "Notify me only when...
  9. updating when i want

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    updating when i want: Hi, I have a problem with updates of a computer. This computer is running a server controlling some things. and it would be nice if during the week it doesn't restart. but yesterday the computer did restart because there was an update for which the computer needed to...
  10. How to make W10 Pro Notify me Updates are available?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to make W10 Pro Notify me Updates are available?: I am running W10 Pro build 1709 build 16299.192 and would like it to notify me when updates are available and give me the choice to not download now and not install them until I am ready to do so. I am totally confused by what I read about getting or not getting and...