Windows 10: I want Windows 10 to shut down after a certain period of time

Discus and support I want Windows 10 to shut down after a certain period of time in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I want Windows 10 to shut down after a certain period of time instead of sleep mode. For example, if I don't use my computer for say 20 minutes I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by zxvadsf, Feb 5, 2021.

1. zxvadsf Win User

I want Windows 10 to shut down after a certain period of time

Hi
    I want Windows 10 to shut down after a certain period of time instead of sleep mode. For example, if I don't use my computer for say 20 minutes I want my computer to shut down rather than going to sleep mode or hibernate but I can't find such a choice. What can I do? I use windows 10 pro on my SSD drive so I don't want hibernate mode and sleep mode isn't enough.
    Thanks.

My pc configuration : Q9300 processor, Gigabyte P43 Es3g mainboard, 8 gb of DDR 2 ram, Crucial MX500 250 gb SSD drive and HDD drives.

:)

zxvadsf, Feb 5, 2021
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Feb 5, 2021
  3. How can I keep the Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot on permanantly?

• Does it turn off automatically even when the computer is active?

yes

• Is your system currently set to go to sleep mode after a certain period of time?

no

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

nothing - I've looked online but can't find any suggestions about this issue

mister-sjs, Feb 5, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 5, 2021
Thema:

1. I want Windows 10 to shut down after a certain period of time - Similar Threads - shut down certain

2. Computer Shuts down After playing minecraft for period of time.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Shuts down After playing minecraft for period of time.: I have been encountering a consistent issue where if I try to play the video game Minecraft, I can only play for certain amount of time before my entire computer completely shuts off with no notice or indication. I dug a little in the Event Viewer log and found that the event...
  3. Computer Shuts down After playing minecraft for period of time.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Shuts down After playing minecraft for period of time.: I have been encountering a consistent issue where if I try to play the video game Minecraft, I can only play for certain amount of time before my entire computer completely shuts off with no notice or indication. I dug a little in the Event Viewer log and found that the event...
  4. BSOD after a Certain Period of Time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after a Certain Period of Time: Hi,I have a Dell Latitude e7470 with Windows 10 Pro. It has 4GB RAM & 250GB M2 SSD. Since few weeks, I am having BSOD error mostly when I play any video on Google Chrome. It usually occurs repeatedly after every 2-4 days. Sometimes I use it for 6-8 hours non stop and it...
  5. BSOD after a Certain Period of Time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD after a Certain Period of Time: Hi,I have a Dell Latitude e7470 with Windows 10 Pro. It has 4GB RAM & 250GB M2 SSD. Since few weeks, I am having BSOD error mostly when I play any video on Google Chrome. It usually occurs repeatedly after every 2-4 days. Sometimes I use it for 6-8 hours non stop and it...
  6. BSOD after a Certain Period of Time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows will randomly "freeze" after a certain period of time

Windows will randomly "freeze" after a certain period of time: Starting a few months ago, at random intervals my entire computer will kind of "freeze". I put that in quotations because I can still move my mouse and click on certain things, but all software seems to come to a halt. If I'm watching a youtube video, the audio will keep...
  8. Windows 10 freezing after certain period of time

Windows 10 freezing after certain period of time: Hello, I had Windows 7 for very long ammount of time and I decided to upgrade to Windows 10 around 7-10 days ago. However after I upgraded to Windows 10 this started happening, it never happened while I had Windows 7. Computer runs normally without any problem but its just...
  9. Black screen after a certain period of time?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen after a certain period of time?: My PC boots up normally but after a certain amount of time my monitor just goes to black. PC is still running, I also recently updated windows and havent had this issue before. submitted by /u/Baner_ [link] [comments]...
  10. Laptop shuts down after going to sleep periodically

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop shuts down after going to sleep periodically: It seems just as of late, I'm enjoying my computer being shut down after it goes to sleep. This only happens once in a bit. It does not appear to be heating up whatsoever and all else seems to be working flawlessly. The machine is four years old but never moved off my desk....