Windows 10: I wanted to know if there can be multiple versions of Directx installed on my windows ?

Discus and support I wanted to know if there can be multiple versions of Directx installed on my windows ? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I was installing an old game, and it prompted windows 9.0c installation, and it went away silently, but I can't find it in "programs and features" in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Mohamad_Elbanna, Jun 4, 2023.

1. I wanted to know if there can be multiple versions of Directx installed on my windows ?

I was installing an old game, and it prompted windows 9.0c installation,
    and it went away silently, but I can't find it in "programs and
    features" in the control panel, I wanna get rid of it if it got
    installed anyway, but I can't find any trace of it.

submitted by /u/Mohamad_Elbanna
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Mohamad_Elbanna, Jun 4, 2023

2. Directx 12 on Windows 10 is gone

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10 Insider Preview.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are glad to assist you.

Try the following steps and check if it helps:

Step 1:

I suggest you to check the DirectX Version installed on your system.

Follow the below steps to check the DirectX Version:

• Press Windows key + R from the Desktop.
    • Type dxdiag and hit Enter.
    • Check the DirectX Version.

Step 2:

I suggest you to update the Graphic driver from the Device Manager and check if it works.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R on the Keyboard.
    • Type in devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • Select Graphic driver from the list.
    • Right click on the Graphic driver and click on Update driver Software.

If the issue persists then install the latest graphic driver from the manufacturer and check if it helps.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Jun 4, 2023
  3. directx error while installing

Hi,

To assist you better, please answer the below:

• Which version of DirectX are you trying to install?

• What is the current build installed on your computer?

(To check the build, Press Windows + R keys to open
      Run command, type Winver
      and press Enter)

• Have you made any changes on the computer prior to this issue?

• What is the current version of DirectX installed on Windows 10?

I suggest you to install all the updates on your computer.

Follow the steps below:

• Click on search
      bar, type Windows Update.

• Select Check for Update.

• Download and
      Install the latest Windows Updates.

I also suggest you to refer the link on How to install the latest version of DirectX and check if it helps.

How to install the latest version of DirectX - Microsoft Support

Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Jun 4, 2023
  4. I wanted to know if there can be multiple versions of Directx installed on my windows ?

DirectX installation failed

Thank you for the update. Please verify if DirectX June 2010 is being offered via Windows Update. If your computer is already running DirectX 12, it has backwards compatibility with the previous version of DirectX. Moreover, you may also want to consider
    performing the suggested steps in this article.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Jun 4, 2023
Thema:

I wanted to know if there can be multiple versions of Directx installed on my windows ?

1. I wanted to know if there can be multiple versions of Directx installed on my windows ? - Similar Threads - wanted multiple versions

2. I want to know if i can restore my ssd?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I want to know if i can restore my ssd?: While instaling windows 10 i deleted the ssd partion and forget to populate it and know it appears only in the bios and device manager but in da disk manager and list disk from comand prompt it does not appear pls help me i really want to now if i can do anything...
  3. Can I install DirectX 11 instead of DirectX 12

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I install DirectX 11 instead of DirectX 12: Hi, I have a problem. I want to install DirectX 11 instead of DirectX 12 because many games requires DirectX 11 not 12 But in my Laptop DirectX 11 is not being installed it shows DirectX 12, I also reinstall windows several time and download DirectX 11 but it still shows...
  4. Can I install DirectX 11 instead of DirectX 12

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I install DirectX 11 instead of DirectX 12: Hi, I have a problem. I want to install DirectX 11 instead of DirectX 12 because many games requires DirectX 11 not 12 But in my Laptop DirectX 11 is not being installed it shows DirectX 12, I also reinstall windows several time and download DirectX 11 but it still shows...
  5. I installed visual studio installer. i want to know that which version should i install...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I installed visual studio installer. i want to know that which version should i install...: confusion that which version is best for my laptop. and which would be the stable anf faster for my laptop.My laptop Specification :-Processor: intelR CoreTM i3-5005U CPU @2.00GHz,2000MHz,2 Cores,4 logical ProcessorsMemory: 8Gb DDR3 speed:1600 Mhz , slot used:2 ,FormFactor:...
  6. I installed visual studio installer. i want to know that which version should i install...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I installed visual studio installer. i want to know that which version should i install...: confusion that which version is best for my laptop. and which would be the stable anf faster for my laptop.My laptop Specification :-Processor: intelR CoreTM i3-5005U CPU @2.00GHz,2000MHz,2 Cores,4 logical ProcessorsMemory: 8Gb DDR3 speed:1600 Mhz , slot used:2 ,FormFactor:...
  7. I installed visual studio installer. i want to know that which version should i install...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. How do I detect which multiple old versions of directx are installed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I detect which multiple old versions of directx are installed?: dxdiag says I have directx 12 installed. But some video games I want to play use directx 8 and 9 and the cd rom comes with the directx installer for the old versions. But if it did get installed, how do I check if the old versions have been installed? I need multiple versions...
  9. I can't install DirectX of any version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't install DirectX of any version: When I tried install directx, the error an "Setup could not donload the file" And I added the screenshot P.S. I have a videocard NVIDIA GEForce GT 540M. [ATTACH]...
  10. i want to know if my windows 10 pro key is a genuin key, and i want to know if i can...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    i want to know if my windows 10 pro key is a genuin key, and i want to know if i can...: hello i have a computer my wife bought some 1 year ago. there is a licence in this computer retail i think because there is no key in the bios ..... i want to know if this key is a genuine windows 10 pro key, and since i am making my new computer gigabyte aorus master and i9...