Windows 10: I wanted to open an item and it asked me how I wanted to open and I said notepad and so...

Discus and support I wanted to open an item and it asked me how I wanted to open and I said notepad and so... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I wanted to open an item and it asked me how I wanted to open and I said notepad and so all docs open in notepad and I don't want them to, how do I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Schiess, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Schiess Win User

I wanted to open an item and it asked me how I wanted to open and I said notepad and so...

I wanted to open an item and it asked me how I wanted to open and I said notepad and so all docs open in notepad and I don't want them to, how do I change how to open these doc in some other way

:)

Schiess, Jun 16, 2020
  2. vmars316 Win User

Notepad command line to open file and find text ?

ricardobohner :
    I want notepad to open up at the FOUND line .
    Thx

- - - Updated - - -

Any suggestions for 'under 2mb' freeware alternatives to notepad ?
    Thanks

vmars316, Jun 16, 2020
  3. biatche Win User
    open with notepad context menu

I want to see "open with notepad" when i right click an item. your code simply opens notepad when right clicking in on a non-item.

biatche, Jun 16, 2020
  4. I wanted to open an item and it asked me how I wanted to open and I said notepad and so...

Folder options when opening Notepad

How do I change the way folders & files are listed when I open Notepad? I do not want the details every time - simply a list with extensions, as I can get with File Explorer. Similarly, when I save a file from Notepad or Word.

AuntSally_800, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

I wanted to open an item and it asked me how I wanted to open and I said notepad and so...

1. I wanted to open an item and it asked me how I wanted to open and I said notepad and so... - Similar Threads - wanted open item

2. how do i get my computer to stop asking me if i want to open a folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i get my computer to stop asking me if i want to open a folder: how do i get my computer to stop asking me if i want to open a folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-my-computer-to-stop-asking-me-if-i/4629fd75-bf02-4a76-a7ff-88c0a92abe3e
  3. how do i get my computer to stop asking me if i want to open a folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i get my computer to stop asking me if i want to open a folder: how do i get my computer to stop asking me if i want to open a folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-my-computer-to-stop-asking-me-if-i/4629fd75-bf02-4a76-a7ff-88c0a92abe3e
  4. I want to open a exe file but i have antivirus on so it doesnt let me open it but when i go...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to open a exe file but i have antivirus on so it doesnt let me open it but when i go...: I want to open a exe file but i have antivirus on so it doesnt let me open it but when i go to windows security settings it freezes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-open-a-exe-file-but-i-have-antivirus-on/33e81c25-c5ee-48d2-a8f6-daf9f5815d0d
  5. I want to open a exe file but i have antivirus on so it doesnt let me open it but when i go...

I want to open a exe file but i have antivirus on so it doesnt let me open it but when i go...: I want to open a exe file but i have antivirus on so it doesnt let me open it but when i go to windows security settings it freezes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-open-a-exe-file-but-i-have-antivirus-on/33e81c25-c5ee-48d2-a8f6-daf9f5815d0d
  6. How to make windows ask me if i really want to open unknown exe files

How to make windows ask me if i really want to open unknown exe files: Hello , i want windows to show a prompt when i open a new/unknown .exe file windows 7 had this feature but i dont now why windows 10 doesn'tI'm not talking about uac , uac is just for admin apps , not apps that dont require admin permissionplease help if you know how i can...
  7. How to make windows ask me if i really want to open unknown exe files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to make windows ask me if i really want to open unknown exe files: Hello , i want windows to show a prompt when i open a new/unknown .exe file windows 7 had this feature but i dont now why windows 10 doesn'tI'm not talking about uac , uac is just for admin apps , not apps that dont require admin permissionplease help if you know how i can...
  8. How to make windows ask me if i really want to open unknown exe files

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. How I want to open a PDF in email

How I want to open a PDF in email: When opening emails that have a PDF attached I click on the pdf and a pop up box asks me how I want to open this file - it asks if I want to use Microsoft edge which is fine BUT it asks me EVERY SINGLE TIME I open a pdf. I have selected the button down the bottom to say use...
  10. .sif file wants to open with notepad

.sif file wants to open with notepad: I changed the .sif file open with notepad but this did not save. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sif-file-wants-to-open-with-notepad/1b943986-0418-44ad-8f28-c3fc6b47aba7