Windows 10: I was about to turn on my PC and I got this Setup confirmation message

Discus and support I was about to turn on my PC and I got this Setup confirmation message in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Press y to reset fTPM, if you have BitLocker or encryption-enable system, the system will not boot without a recovery key. Press N to keep previous... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Timothea Oikonomidou, Jan 30, 2023.

1. I was about to turn on my PC and I got this Setup confirmation message

Press y to reset fTPM, if you have BitLocker or encryption-enable system, the system will not boot without a recovery key. Press N to keep previous fTPM record and continue system boot, fTPM will NOT be enable with new CPU unless fTPM is reset reinitialized, you could swap back to the old CPU to recovery TPM related keys and data.

:)

Timothea Oikonomidou, Jan 30, 2023

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jan 30, 2023
  3. RCoon Win User
    PC Build Steps

1.1 - Ideally put optical in SATA 0, and SSD in SATA 1, this will cause the optical drive to be the default 1st boot option. You can change it manually if not, but I like it this way
    2.infinity - yes, that's fine. if it's above 70 +/- 5 degrees, then it may just need a repaste/remount

RCoon, Jan 30, 2023
  4. Steve C Win User

I was about to turn on my PC and I got this Setup confirmation message

Need Serious Help: How To Record Video of What is Done on my PC?

I suggest the following simple steps:

1. Set the autosave options in MS Office to a low value say 5 minutes.
    2. Setup file history to autosave frequently - the shortest period is 5 mins
    3. Install Macrium Reflect Free and configure it to do a daily incremental system backup

You should be well covered if you do the above to protect your key files.

Steve C, Jan 30, 2023
Thema:

I was about to turn on my PC and I got this Setup confirmation message

1. I was about to turn on my PC and I got this Setup confirmation message - Similar Threads - was turn got

2. I got the message your windows license will expire soon when I turned on my pc today

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I got the message your windows license will expire soon when I turned on my pc today: I got the message your windows license will expire soon when I turned on my pc today the pc is a refurbished one I bought from amazon about 6 months ago which already had windows 11 installed on it I clicked on the setting and it says the license is active so what do I need...
  3. I got the message your windows license will expire soon when I turned on my pc today

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I got the message your windows license will expire soon when I turned on my pc today: I got the message your windows license will expire soon when I turned on my pc today the pc is a refurbished one I bought from amazon about 6 months ago which already had windows 11 installed on it I clicked on the setting and it says the license is active so what do I need...
  4. I got a message that I needed to sbuscribe, Itried signing ing and got the message : Your...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I got a message that I needed to sbuscribe, Itried signing ing and got the message : Your...: HiWhen I tried to use windows today, I got a message that I needed to subscribe, when I signed in, I got this messageYour purchase was successful but we were unable to associate it with your Microsoft accountWhat do I do?...
  5. I got a message that I needed to sbuscribe, Itried signing ing and got the message : Your...

I got a message that I needed to sbuscribe, Itried signing ing and got the message : Your...: HiWhen I tried to use windows today, I got a message that I needed to subscribe, when I signed in, I got this messageYour purchase was successful but we were unable to associate it with your Microsoft accountWhat do I do?...
  6. I was about to turn on my PC and I got this Setup confirmation message

I was about to turn on my PC and I got this Setup confirmation message: Press y to reset fTPM, if you have BitLocker or encryption-enable system, the system will not boot without a recovery key. Press N to keep previous fTPM record and continue system boot, fTPM will NOT be enable with new CPU unless fTPM is reset reinitialized, you could swap...
  7. hi: I got a lockdown message and turned off my computer. Now I have no Wiindows.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    hi: I got a lockdown message and turned off my computer. Now I have no Wiindows.: Hi: I got locked out and shut my computer off in win 11. When I restarted my computer would only boot to blank screen, Have I lost win11 for good?...
  8. I got a pop up message on my laptop about Runtime Broker

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I got a pop up message on my laptop about Runtime Broker: It says "runtime broker downloading from OneDrive". What does that mean, and is there something I need to do about it? I have Windows 10 64-bit and in Windows Insider preview build 19042.870...
  9. The error message I got

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The error message I got: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Merfius101 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lk97r1/the_error_message_i_got/
  10. I got troubles with my double screen setup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I got troubles with my double screen setup: So, my setup is unusual meaning I got 2 graphics cards, one for each monitor. But one of them is Nvidia (gtx 750 ti) on a 60Hz monitor and the other an AMD (rx590) on a 144Hz monitor with freesync. Anyway I installed both drivers and everything looks fine at first look. But...