Windows 10: I was almost scammed by windows + r event watcher scam

Discus and support I was almost scammed by windows + r event watcher scam in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I come to report that today I almost fell for a scam, where they called my house phone number and told me my computer had been hacked. They told... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Rastalov, Sep 4, 2021.

1. Rastalov Win User

I was almost scammed by windows + r event watcher scam

Hello, I come to report that today I almost fell for a scam, where they called my house phone number and told me my computer had been hacked. They told me to use windows key + r which I was dumb and I did, then they asked me to type nteven, but I think I misheard and what they actually wanted was for me to type eventwsr to check my events so they could scam me. I then finally realized that the phone call was a scam, called the phone call suspicious and told them that I would not trust them and I would rather delete every file in my computer, which caused them to turn the call off. I then w

:)

Rastalov, Sep 4, 2021
  2. Smeed Win User
    Smeed, Sep 4, 2021
  3. Smeed Win User

Smeed, Sep 4, 2021
Thema:

1. I was almost scammed by windows + r event watcher scam - Similar Threads - was almost scammed

2. Ctrl Windows key R scam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl Windows key R scam: Faced the same issue today - numbers they called from were 864-404-4858 and 323-285-6738. When I called the 323 number back, it mentioned the magic jack subscriber is not available. All this started with an initial message on my computer screen that notified me my computer...
  3. Ctrl Windows key R scam

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ctrl Windows key R scam: Faced the same issue today - numbers they called from were 864-404-4858 and 323-285-6738. When I called the 323 number back, it mentioned the magic jack subscriber is not available. All this started with an initial message on my computer screen that notified me my computer...
  4. Ctrl Windows key R scam

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Was I scammed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Was I scammed?: Laptop locked up, called number,Chandri Bharti answered phone, cost 5 year plan for 750.00 for firewall! Have I been scammed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/was-i-scammed/55dfca32-709d-4aa0-8d3d-7da15551f972
  6. I was scammed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I was scammed: I will go to the support site. I fell for a scam that cost me $5000. I filed with the FTC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-was-scammed/7ccbcca2-eb1a-4681-9e58-412491314a2c
  7. I was scammed.

I was scammed.: How do I reset my computer to remove data that was downloaded to my computer? I too, was scammed thinking the person was a Microsoft Technician and paid some money to have a virus removed and new security software installed by a company known as RN Network Fix....
  8. I was scammed

I was scammed: I was on Facebook and an alarm went off I could not move anything in my computer. It told me to call 1-855-457-2400. It cost me $249.99 for them to get my computer going and give me a three year contract. The vendor name was "The Ginger Marketing Co." but that name is not...
  9. the scam of CTRL-windows- R-

the scam of CTRL-windows- R-: I found an old post about this scam but just wanted to let everyone know this is pretty much active. just received call from "male strong Indian accent" from busy noisy call center reporting to be from windows 10 and telling me my computer "errors" had been sent to them so he...
  10. Event VWR SCAM!

Event VWR SCAM!: Hello guys, I got a call today from some Indian/hindu guys. They said they are from the microsoft department and sounded very professional. Nevertheless, I opened my laptop and they told me to type event VWR and showed me warning/faults and told me that there are 6 hackers...