Windows 10: i was attacked, am confused, i cant open my data. i

Discus and support i was attacked, am confused, i cant open my data. i in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; hello, my computer system was attacked by unknown guys online iguess. i cant open my data on the computer. it has been encrypted with a .rooe... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Geraldreevesd, Feb 14, 2020.

1. i was attacked, am confused, i cant open my data. i

hello, my computer system was attacked by unknown guys online iguess.

i cant open my data on the computer.

it has been encrypted with a .rooe extension

please help.

in every folder i open, i get a read me text

saying ''ATTENTION!

Don't worry, you can return all your files!
    All your files like photos, databases, documents and other important are encrypted with strongest encryption and unique key.
    The only method of recovering files is to purchase decrypt tool and unique key for you.
    This software will decrypt all your encrypted files.
    What guarantees you have?
    You can send one of your encrypted file from your PC and we decrypt it for free.
    But we can decrypt only 1 file for free. File must not contain valuable information.
    You can get and look video overview decrypt tool:
    https://we.tl/t-onB03STxUy
    Price of private key and decrypt software is $980.
    Discount 50% available if you contact us first 72 hours, that's price for you is $490.
    Please note that you'll never restore your data without payment.
    Check your e-mail "Spam" or "Junk" folder if you don't get answer more than 6 hours.

To get this software you need write on our e-mail:
    *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Reserve e-mail address to contact us:
    *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Your personal ID:
    0206Sue883jUte0twkq2MgvnY1L2IphH827KaqlDtRC5CvPZHFG

:)

Geraldreevesd, Feb 14, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

QuickBooks crash while opening data file

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

As you have mentioned that after Windows and QuickBooks update whenever you open a data file in QuickBooks, it crashes. We would like to know if any other programs are crashing apart from QuickBooks.

I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Repair QuickBooks

I suggest you to try repairing QuickBooks and then open data file in it. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type appwiz.cpl and click on
      OK
    3. Look for QuickBooks application from the list, right click on it and select
      Repair.
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the repair process.

If repairing QuickBooks didn’t fix the issue, please refer Method 2.

Method 2: Open Sample data file

You can try opening a Sample data file in QuickBooks and check if QuickBooks crash. If QuickBooks didn’t crash while opening Sample data file, I suspect that the data file that you are trying to open is causing the crash. In this case, I suggest you
    to contact the
    QuickBooks support
    team.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 14, 2020
  3. Aquinus Win User
    Computer Won't Reboot - AMD Data Change...Updata New Data to DMI

If he is getting stuck at verifying DMI pool data, that means his BIOS isn't finishing the POST process before it's hanging up. Although I'm confused now because he said he tried re-installing windows which would indicate that the machine is getting through the entire POST process.

I'm confused now. I think we need a better, more descriptive version of what exactly is happening.

Maybe a full step by step process of what is happening?

Aquinus, Feb 14, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

i was attacked, am confused, i cant open my data. i

About Ransomware attack

Here is Microsoft's Customer Guidance on the Ransomware Attack:

• In March, we released a security update which addresses the vulnerability that these attacks are exploiting. Those who have Windows Update enabled are protected against attacks on this vulnerability. For those organizations who have not yet applied the
      security update, we suggest you immediately deploy Microsoft Security Bulletin MS17-010.

• For customers using Windows Defender, we released an update earlier today which detects this threat as Ransom:Win32/WannaCrypt.
      As an additional “defense-in-depth” measure, keep up-to-date anti-malware software installed on your machines. Customers running anti-malware software from any number of security companies can confirm with their provider, that they are protected.

• This attack type may evolve over time, so any additional defense-in-depth strategies will provide additional protections. (For example, to further protect against SMBv1 attacks, customers
      should consider blocking legacy protocols on their networks).

For the full article,
    Click HERE

DaveM121, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

i was attacked, am confused, i cant open my data. i

1. i was attacked, am confused, i cant open my data. i - Similar Threads - was attacked confused

2. What's happening with my connectivity? Am I being attacked?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What's happening with my connectivity? Am I being attacked?: My Mecer notebook using Windows 10 doesn't connect to internet, WiFi doesn't work doesn't work at all and my Bluetooth doesn't turn on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-happening-with-my-connectivity-am-i-being/ca06d027-340e-405b-afc5-656981a54363
  3. What's happening with my connectivity? Am I being attacked?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What's happening with my connectivity? Am I being attacked?: My Mecer notebook using Windows 10 doesn't connect to internet, WiFi doesn't work doesn't work at all and my Bluetooth doesn't turn on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-happening-with-my-connectivity-am-i-being/ca06d027-340e-405b-afc5-656981a54363
  4. I am confused

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I am confused: Hello, my name is joseph Im 18 I am calling on the community for some help. So this may seen weird that im 18 and i play roblox and use discord and stuff. So my dad blocks roblox and discord off of my computer. I have tried to go through regedit and cmd prompt and files also...
  5. I am really confused

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I am really confused: So my pc started doing weird things the last 3-4 days. The monitor started going black and turning back on again and it started flickering and I needed to restart my pc in order for it to fix. I turned off and on my monitor to see if that's the problem but it wouldn't change...
  6. I am confused and Scared for my PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I am confused and Scared for my PC: I was downloading a game on Steam “VR Chat.” I then heard and an audio about a coma? I then got scared and shutdown my PC. Then I turned It back on I tried logging In, and went Into a temporary profile. I signed out put In my Pin, then It just says Welcome. PLEASE TELL ME...
  7. I am planing to reset my laptop and I am confused on this option:

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I am planing to reset my laptop and I am confused on this option:: - Just remove my files - Fully clean the drive My question is: If I select fully clean the drive option will I lose the drivers. Here is an image:[ATTACH] More info: Laptop: HP 255 G7 OS: Windows 10 Pro, Activated Processor: AMD A9-9425 RADEON R5; 5 COMPUTE CORES...
  8. i was attacked, am confused, i cant open my data. i

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    i was attacked, am confused, i cant open my data. i: hello, my computer system was attacked by unknown guys online iguess. i cant open my data on the computer. it has been encrypted with a .rooe extension please help. in every folder i open, i get a read me text saying ''ATTENTION! Don't worry, you can return all your...
  9. I am so confused!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I am so confused!: Okay so I just recently got the Dell Inspiron 13 5000 for Christmas. It is using Windows 10 and everything is up to date. I only got it 5 days ago. I really like it but whenever I am using a web browser I think it only happens when I'm on youtube the video will start to...
  10. I am Confused

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am Confused: I just bought Java edition and I thought it would be like what what I see on YouTube but it's not, it's just like Pocket edition! I thought it would be different. Specifically mobs, like the fox is not in PE but I've seen that on Pc it's there! Please explain....