Windows 10: I was dumb

Discus and support I was dumb in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I turned on my Dell laptop and I was notified that my key was going to expire, so I followed a tutorial from a youtuber I knew and I copied a script... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Thunderbear06, Oct 3, 2020.

1. I was dumb

So I turned on my Dell laptop and I was notified that my key was going to expire, so I followed a tutorial from a youtuber I knew and I copied a script from a website to a cmd file, ran it and nothing happened but I figured that it just didn't do anything bc the key hadn't expired so I went to delete the file but it said it was interrupted or something Annnnnd suddenly windows defender found a threat, I had it quarantined then had it removed and the file got deleted but I still have a feeling there's something there, btw the youtubers name is iapplebeta

submitted by /u/Thunderbear06
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Thunderbear06, Oct 3, 2020
  2. BizVoigt Win User

Am I a dumb as* for dealing with Microsoft Mobile????

Well I dumb then! Thanks for your imput!!! Microsoft went to he** after Gates stepped back. I got punk for a phone and again dummmmbbbb. If somebody makes it right Ill hook them up and thank them with ahhhh cash. Yet Im out of hope I was dumb :(

BizVoigt, Oct 3, 2020
  3. JimmytheC Win User
    Dumbing Down Windows

WARNING!

Yesterday I bravely risked wading into the waters of Windows 10 knowing there were some sharks swimming around. Unfortunately, my toes were bitten off by crabs before I got ankle deep.

The fact that it was free should have been my first clue. If I rated this product as a beta version I would be overly generous.
    The issues are too numerous to list but just a few….

• There is so much personal information that one must provide that you essentially abdicate all privacy. The new browser, Edge and the new search engine, Cortana are fully integrated into Windows 10 and use this data to HELP you find things easier when
      it works. And perhaps make it easier for others to find you!
    • The menu bar has disappeared from the browser. MS says, "Well this is just the first edition. We're still working on it."
    • When I tried to use the multi-task feature it wiped out my Sticky Notes app.
    • When getting a hit while using the new search box I was taken directly to an Edge display which immediately disappeared.
    • Instability of the product as a whole is very aggravating.

Suggest waiting for the new product to age before installing it. Maybe v 10.3 will be seasoned enough to go with it.
    I really feel that Microsoft is dumbing down Windows and catering to tablets, phones and remotes in general only to sacrifice the tools and features we have come to rely on with our PCs.

It is being offered free right now so if you have a high frustration threshold I say give it a try.
    There is an option that will allow you to drop back to 8.1 if it doesn't work out.
    Getting back is reasonably painless and can be kicked off by visiting Recovery. It's good to be back.

-Jim

JimmytheC, Oct 3, 2020
  4. Brent247 Win User

I was dumb

Their dumb password recovery system

I am struggling to get back my other Microsoft account for months

• Contact support for many times
    • Filling out 6 forms with 100% sure (Including my Credit Card)
    • email the Microsoft my complain
    Guess what they do? They just send "I'm so sorry this is happen to you, Please try filling out form again" Which feel like insult

well GUESS what! There are MANY people out there lost their account because some DUMB Forms that computer check them and send out "Not enough information"

so THANK FOR NOTHING, Here a INCREDIBLE idea! Why not replace stupid bot with people who can review my form information INSTEAD

Brent247, Oct 3, 2020
Thema:

I was dumb

1. I was dumb - Similar Threads - was dumb

2. My virtual machine windows 10 pc is acting so dumb.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My virtual machine windows 10 pc is acting so dumb.: Hi:I had this alt virtual computer machine: Windows 11 is my host but the topic is my virtual pc in VMware,I set it for a boot option for my virtual pc so i can fix my main pc if hacked: or i used it to test some stuff,Now this virtual alternitive pc is month and 2 days old,...
  3. My virtual machine windows 10 pc is acting so dumb.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My virtual machine windows 10 pc is acting so dumb.: Hi:I had this alt virtual computer machine: Windows 11 is my host but the topic is my virtual pc in VMware,I set it for a boot option for my virtual pc so i can fix my main pc if hacked: or i used it to test some stuff,Now this virtual alternitive pc is month and 2 days old,...
  4. My virtual machine windows 10 pc is acting so dumb.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows Copilot is still dumb like a rock

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Copilot is still dumb like a rock: Microsoft launched Windows Copilot with some fanfare alongside the Windows 11 2023 Update. Microsoft promised that the baked-in artificial intelligence would assist Windows users "in work, creation and play". Copilot is "designed to accelerate your tasks, reduce friction and...
  6. blue screen nvlddmkm video_tdr_failure keeps happening dumb files attached

in Windows 10 Gaming
    blue screen nvlddmkm video_tdr_failure keeps happening dumb files attached: hey there this error nvlddmkm video_tdr_failure keeps happening randomly to me even after trying the driver unnistalling method in safe mode following this video method https://youtu.be/F8OLhUAPDq0this is the link to the dumbfile :...
  7. blue screen nvlddmkm video_tdr_failure keeps happening dumb files attached

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    blue screen nvlddmkm video_tdr_failure keeps happening dumb files attached: hey there this error nvlddmkm video_tdr_failure keeps happening randomly to me even after trying the driver unnistalling method in safe mode following this video method https://youtu.be/F8OLhUAPDq0this is the link to the dumbfile :...
  8. blue screen nvlddmkm video_tdr_failure keeps happening dumb files attached

9. Windows Media Player & Legacy: Dumbed down music menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Player & Legacy: Dumbed down music menu: Note: This forum provides a menu for many topis withing Windows. Media player is not included, however. That said:Greetings Y'all.Bottom line on top: On Windows-11, both versions of Media Player are missing my most important feature. The rest is commentary.I have Windows 11...
  10. Windows Media Player & Legacy: Dumbed down music menu

Windows Media Player & Legacy: Dumbed down music menu: Note: This forum provides a menu for many topis withing Windows. Media player is not included, however. That said:Greetings Y'all.Bottom line on top: On Windows-11, both versions of Media Player are missing my most important feature. The rest is commentary.I have Windows 11...