Windows 10: i was duped into joining an outlook group, the person changed my age to a child and took...

Discus and support i was duped into joining an outlook group, the person changed my age to a child and took... in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; WARNING: EXPLOIT I responded to an e-mail and apparently when i responded I was admitting myself to an outlook group. They set up the group and made... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by jspsjsps, Jan 29, 2021.

1. jspsjsps Win User

i was duped into joining an outlook group, the person changed my age to a child and took...

WARNING: EXPLOIT

I responded to an e-mail and apparently when i responded I was admitting myself to an outlook group. They set up the group and made themselves essentially my 'parent' using parental controls. They managed to change my age to born 2013, when in fact I'm 54 yrs old. My question then is, how on earth did you not see the danger of allowing this series of events to occur? Nobody should be allowed to remotely change your age and then set you as a child, then set themselves as your parent. My e-mail has been 'ghosted' by them for 1.5 years now without my knowledge, exposing all my financial information, thanks for leaving a gaping hole into my financial life and making it so easy to do. Also, how many other people are being so 'ghosted' and have no idea it is even being done?

:)

jspsjsps, Jan 29, 2021
  2. Noor_Azam Win User

Something went wrong message when my child clicks join family link in the email.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Is the Child account a Microsoft account?

The issue might be due to the age verification, hence I suggest you to verify the child’s age by logging in with child’s account on
    account.microsoft.com/family and verify the age.

I also suggest you to refer the article
    Add members to your family group to get more information on adding members to your family account.

Regards,

Noor Azam S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Noor_Azam, Jan 29, 2021
  3. Group Email In Outlook 2016? Need Help!

The screen shot looks like that's where she would CREATE a new group. What is on the "Send/Receive" tab?

Check this site out...

How to Create Custom Groups in Outlook 2016 | Laptop Mag

After step 7, it tells you how to send to a group.

nolafotoknut, Jan 29, 2021
  4. Ar Rom Win User

i was duped into joining an outlook group, the person changed my age to a child and took...

Changing a child's age

Hi Jeff,

Creating a child account allows you to block adult websites or specify which sites you want your kids to see. You can also set screen time limits to make sure they're not spending too much time in the virtual world. To change the age of a child account, kindly
    click this
    link
    and follow the steps provided.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Ar Rom, Jan 29, 2021
Thema:

1. i was duped into joining an outlook group, the person changed my age to a child and took... - Similar Threads - was duped joining

2. Why can't I change my child's age?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I change my child's age?: I need to change my child's age, and I can't. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-change-my-childs-age/98a4818e-0bdc-4f83-b20a-fbd1aaabd60e
  3. Why can't I change my child's age?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I change my child's age?: I need to change my child's age, and I can't. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-change-my-childs-age/98a4818e-0bdc-4f83-b20a-fbd1aaabd60e
  4. Why can't I change my child's age?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  5. Change age of "child" back to adult

Change age of "child" back to adult: My email account which has existed for literally decades recently spontaneously changed to have its age birth date be that of a 4-year old i.e., child, and as a result I am now locked out of my ability to do certain things due to the family/parental controls. I would like to...
  6. Change age of "child" back to adult

Change age of "child" back to adult: My email account which has existed for literally decades recently spontaneously changed to have its age birth date be that of a 4-year old i.e., child, and as a result I am now locked out of my ability to do certain things due to the family/parental controls. I would like to...
  7. family group child member cannot join

in Windows 10 Gaming
    family group child member cannot join: Hello,My childs account was removed and added to another family group account which no one has access to anymore. How can I have his account re-joined. I can login to my account and his but he cannot leave the other family group account....
  8. family group child member cannot join

family group child member cannot join: Hello,My childs account was removed and added to another family group account which no one has access to anymore. How can I have his account re-joined. I can login to my account and his but he cannot leave the other family group account....
  9. family group child member cannot join

10. changing a childs age

changing a childs age: how can i change the age of my child so they can access things like Xbox insiders hub? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-a-childs-age/72c8dce8-c431-4e83-be33-2d5b9ca8f826