Windows 10: I was facing performance issues with my Windows 10 laptop.

Discus and support I was facing performance issues with my Windows 10 laptop. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I was facing performance issues with my Windows 10 laptop. Windows was installed on C drive. Personal Data & Files were on D drive. I took a backup of... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by It GuyCool, Jan 10, 2021.

1. I was facing performance issues with my Windows 10 laptop.

I was facing performance issues with my Windows 10 laptop.

Windows was installed on C drive. Personal Data & Files were on D drive. I took a backup of personal & data files from D drive onto an external disk. This data had some encrypted files which I did not know about. So, I did nothing special for them, just copied everything on external drive.

Then I did a "reset" of the system from the "PC Settings=>Update & Recovery=>Recovery=>Remove Everything & Reinstall Windows=>Only the drive where windows is installed"

At the end of reset process, it asked me to create a user. I created a new user. There was no other user visible which means the reset process deleted previous users. The files in D drive were present as they were which means the backup I took on external disk was not really required

In the D drive, there was a specific folder which was encrypted. None of the files under this folder are opening doc, docx, xls, xlsx, pdf, txt and all others. The "Properties=>Advanced" box of this folder shows tick-mark against "Encrypt contents to secure data". The "Details" button next to it shows a "User" and a "Certificate thumbprint". This user is the previous user which existed before the reset process and had encrypted the files.

Let me know how to get these files opened.

The new user I created is an Administrator and has FULL CONTROL on the folder & all the files.

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10/ Windows update, recovery, & backup]

:)

It GuyCool, Jan 10, 2021

2. Issues with the performance and the connectivity in Windows 10

Hi Krishna,

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

1. When you say “connectivity” what is the exact issue you are facing?

2. Did you make any changes in the settings of the system prior to this issue?

As you say that the system is slow and the file explorer doesn't responds well i suggest you to perform the System Maintenance troubleshooter which improves the performance of the computer. Follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run the System Maintenance troubleshooter

Please follow the steps to run System Maintenance troubleshooter on the computer:

• Type “Control Panel” on the search box.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on View all option on the left side of the Windows.
    • Click on System Maintenance option.
    • Click on Next and follow the onscreen instructions to troubleshoot the issue.
    • Check if it has improved the performance.
    If you are facing issues with the connectivity I suggest you to refer the Microsoft article and perform all the troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Fix network connection issues

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-network-connection-issues

Hope this helps in issues with the performance of the computer and the connectivity.
    Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Jan 10, 2021
  3. Performance issues with File Explorer in Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for your reply, appreciate the time taken by you in keeping us updated on the status of the issue.

As the issue still persists, I suggest you to try the below steps and check if this helps.

I would suggest you to perform System Maintenance troubleshooter on the computer and check if it fixes the issue.

Please follow the steps to perform System maintenance check to improve performance of the computer:

• Press Windows and x key together and select Control Panel.

• Click on Troubleshooting.

• Click on View all on the left side panel.

• Click on System Maintenance and follow the onscreen instructions.

I also suggest you to install the latest Windows updates and check.

Windows Update helps keep your computer up to date with the latest system updates and drivers. You can check Windows Update manually to help ensure you have the latest updates.

• Hit Windows Key and type

• Type Windows Updates

• Click on Windows Updates

• Click on Check for updates
      and install the latest windows updates.
    Hope this helps. Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

ThofikhAhamad, Jan 10, 2021
  4. I was facing performance issues with my Windows 10 laptop.

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 10, 2021
Thema:

I was facing performance issues with my Windows 10 laptop.

1. I was facing performance issues with my Windows 10 laptop. - Similar Threads - was facing performance

2. I am facing an issue in operating quick settings on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am facing an issue in operating quick settings on my laptop: I am facing an issue in operating quick settings on my laptop, when try to see the battery percentage, it shows that is dead. when I try to turn on the WiFi or anything in the quick settings, it doesn't turn on I don'twhy is this happening. I tried tools like SFC,DISM,...
  3. Laptop performance Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop performance Issues: My laptop has recently started to lag and the performance is not as good as it should be. I have clean booted 3 times and there is still no change. I have included a screenshot maybe it will help....
  4. Laptop performance Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop performance Issues: My laptop has recently started to lag and the performance is not as good as it should be. I have clean booted 3 times and there is still no change. I have included a screenshot maybe it will help....
  5. Vram,Gpu and performance issues for my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Vram,Gpu and performance issues for my laptop: I'm having a few issues with my GPU and Vram.My Vram is 128mb which is apparently the reason of my low performance on programs.Another one of my friends has a computer which has 2gb ram less than me but runs programs like games better than me because his Vram is 2040mb his...
  6. Vram,Gpu and performance issues for my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Vram,Gpu and performance issues for my laptop: I'm having a few issues with my GPU and Vram.My Vram is 128mb which is apparently the reason of my low performance on programs.Another one of my friends has a computer which has 2gb ram less than me but runs programs like games better than me because his Vram is 2040mb his...
  7. facing performance Issue in Windows 10 PRO

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    facing performance Issue in Windows 10 PRO: Case #: 1024032704Created on: Monday, June 14, 2021Description: Customer facing performance Issue in Windows 10 PROpleas call back 9560027991mail id - *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  8. Laptop Performance Issue

Laptop Performance Issue: Hi, I have a laptop with the following specs: [ATTACH] Is it abnormal for this laptop to be ABSURDLY slow? I have disabled all the "special effects" and still when I try to open the start menu, the laptop will freeze for a full 5-10 seconds before responding. I have tried...
  9. Gaming Laptop Performance Issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Gaming Laptop Performance Issues: A little while back I transitioned from a 5-year-old desktop to a gaming laptop -- Dell G7 7790. Since then I've had one annoying issue I can't figure out, so if anyone has any thoughts, I'm open. I have a couple external HDDs and I prefer they not spin down. On my desktop...
  10. slow running windows 10 laptop performance issues

slow running windows 10 laptop performance issues: I am having a laptop which has 12 GB of RAM. Intel Core i3-60060 CPU 2 Ghz it has become extremely difficult to use this laptop for some unknown reason. I am attaching a couple of screenshots which I could capture please see and help me to understand what can I disable so...