Windows 10: I was given a computer from work but...

Discus and support I was given a computer from work but... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; ..I'm stuck at the sign in screen and they don't know the sign in password .I do have my Ethernet connected..I need help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BLOK210BLEEDA, Sep 9, 2023.

1. I was given a computer from work but...

..I'm stuck at the sign in screen and they don't know the sign in password .I do have my Ethernet connected..I need help

:)

BLOK210BLEEDA, Sep 9, 2023

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Sep 9, 2023
  3. csatennis Win User
    Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Sep 9, 2023
  4. I was given a computer from work but...

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Sep 9, 2023
Thema:

I was given a computer from work but...

1. I was given a computer from work but... - Similar Threads - was given computer

2. Work computer given to me that is on a domain, should I keep it that way?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Work computer given to me that is on a domain, should I keep it that way?: I have been given a work computer that is on a domain, should I keep it that way? Or should I wipe it and remove it from the domain?What are the disadvantages in keeping as it is?...
  3. Work computer given to me that is on a domain, should I keep it that way?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Work computer given to me that is on a domain, should I keep it that way?: I have been given a work computer that is on a domain, should I keep it that way? Or should I wipe it and remove it from the domain?What are the disadvantages in keeping as it is?...
  4. Work computer given to me that is on a domain, should I keep it that way?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I was given a computer from work but...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I was given a computer from work but...: ..I'm stuck at the sign in screen and they don't know the sign in password .I do have my Ethernet connected..I need help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-was-given-a-computer-from-work-but/e33f64f8-937a-4e07-8ba6-7a00bdb46c21
  6. I was given a computer from work but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I was given a computer from work but...: ..I'm stuck at the sign in screen and they don't know the sign in password .I do have my Ethernet connected..I need help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-was-given-a-computer-from-work-but/e33f64f8-937a-4e07-8ba6-7a00bdb46c21
  7. randomly given school computer level restrictions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    randomly given school computer level restrictions: Hi,Having a weird issue, earlier today I discovered that on YouTube I have restricted mode forcibly turned on without anyway of turning it off the toggle is greyed out and there is nothing beneath it to enable the toggle I also am unable to access safe search filtered sites...
  8. I was given free Activation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I was given free Activation: A couple of months ago I built my pc and within a month the watermark disappeared. I checked and magically it had activated itself so I never had to buy windows. Does anyone know why this happened? submitted by /u/zach__watson [link] [comments]...
  9. Is windows 10 given free with new computers?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is windows 10 given free with new computers?: Hi, lets say i dont have a computer, and that im buying a new one, do i need to pay for the win10? Is it given free as a promotion act by Microsoft, or should i expect to be asked to pay for it by my pc dealer? 10x Erez...
  10. From whence cometh a given notification?

in Windows 10 Customization
    From whence cometh a given notification?: I am getting spammed with notifications from an app sender. I do not know where the too frequent and obnoxious notifications are coming from. Is there a way to determine which app has spawned a given notification?...