Windows 10: I was going to activate windows but when I tried to click 'change product key' nothing happened

Discus and support I was going to activate windows but when I tried to click 'change product key' nothing happened in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; hello, I recently updated my motherboard and kept old hard drive so I was going to activate windows but when I tried to click 'change product key'... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MndleBot, Dec 30, 2019.

1. MndleBot Win User

I was going to activate windows but when I tried to click 'change product key' nothing happened

hello,

I recently updated my motherboard and kept old hard drive so I was going to activate windows but when I tried to click 'change product key' nothing happened. I thought it was weird so then I tried opening task manager and nothing happened, then device manager and nothing happened, then cmd with administrator and nothing happened. after about a minute I got the errors 'cannot access specific device'... its really bad, I cant even reset my pc and half of my programs work please help thanks.

:)

MndleBot, Dec 30, 2019
  2. FX-GMC Win User

Windows 8.1 pro + WMC key activation

This worked for me last time with a Win 8 key.

Install Windows 8.1 and enter KMS key during setup. Once in windows change product key to my Windows 8 key. Go to add features and enter my WMC add-on key. Drink a beer to a job well done.

FX-GMC, Jan 6, 2020
  3. Duyenhip Win User
    Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

thanks
    I activated my Windows 10 from product key Windows 7

Duyenhip, Jan 6, 2020
  4. nachbar Win User

I was going to activate windows but when I tried to click 'change product key' nothing happened

Cant change product key?

I had the same problem with a fresh install when I allowed Windows 10 to update itself before changing the product key. Going back to a fresh install of Windows 10 and THEN IMMEDIATELY going to Settings, Activation, Change Product Key allowed me to change the product key and activate.

nachbar, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

1. I was going to activate windows but when I tried to click 'change product key' nothing happened - Similar Threads - was going activate

2. i changed the product key and when i go to CMD to find the product key i found that the...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    i changed the product key and when i go to CMD to find the product key i found that the...: if u have an answer pleas help me out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-changed-the-product-key-and-when-i-go-to-cmd-to/5c6d35f3-5982-47ac-a9d5-adf0b2cff44a
  3. i changed the product key and when i go to CMD to find the product key i found that the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i changed the product key and when i go to CMD to find the product key i found that the...: if u have an answer pleas help me out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-changed-the-product-key-and-when-i-go-to-cmd-to/5c6d35f3-5982-47ac-a9d5-adf0b2cff44a
  4. i changed the product key and when i go to CMD to find the product key i found that the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Nothing happens when I click download in Windows Updates.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Nothing happens when I click download in Windows Updates.: When I try to update my drivers and press download nothing happens. I don't even receive an ERROR message or anything.Please help me, Youtube videos aren't helping and I feel like I'm making it worse. This happened after I followed this tutorial out of fear my Windows would...
  6. When i click on start windows icon nothing happens

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When i click on start windows icon nothing happens: I cannot get to windows settings, is there away to reload windows 10I bought this computer from Walmart and it didnt come with a windows 10 diskAny help would be great...
  7. When i click on start windows icon nothing happens

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    When i click on start windows icon nothing happens: I cannot get to windows settings, is there away to reload windows 10I bought this computer from Walmart and it didnt come with a windows 10 diskAny help would be great...
  8. Nothing happens when I click 'browse' button.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Nothing happens when I click 'browse' button.: Whenever I click 'browse' button to open a file or to save one it does nothing. I tried SFC and DISM commands and nothing achieved. I'm sure there is a problem with a 'dll' file in the system32 directory, however, I cannot locate it as I don't know what its name is. Any help...
  9. Nothing happens when I click on any of these

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Nothing happens when I click on any of these: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/BlueMonkey35 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kfre2p/nothing_happens_when_i_click_on_any_of_these/
  10. When, I click on, an email message, nothing happens?

in Windows 10 Customization
    When, I click on, an email message, nothing happens?: I run Windows 10 on this computer . . . I use Yahoo Mail, to send and receive, my email. Lately.this computer, is running so S-L-O-W. When, I click on, an email message, nothing happens? It's happens that way for most shortcuts on my desktop. I know you will say, I have two...