Windows 10: i was hacked awhile back...

Discus and support i was hacked awhile back... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; to whom it may concern, I was hacked they locked up my computer they did not get any money out of me since I have no credit cards, how do I keep... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by elliott,h, May 29, 2019.

1. elliott,h Win User

i was hacked awhile back...

to whom it may concern,

I was hacked they locked up my computer they did not get any money out of me since I have no credit cards, how do I keep from getting hacked again, I have anti virus software but they still got in, what do you recommend, i'm not very good with computers still learning. I use an old dell inspirion laptop about 5 years old now, thank you far your advice and help.. Elliott..

:)

elliott,h, May 29, 2019
  2. R.Mike Win User

Email Hacked

Hello Greg

thank you for your response and the great information you provided.

I use two step authentication for my email account and all important web sites. I also use the full version of Malwarebytes to protect my computer.

But I will do the scans you suggested AdwCleaner and Limewire.com and let you know the results.

I am worried though that the webcam installed on my laptop could have been hacked. I never use it and forgot about it, so never disabled it.

Any suggestions as to find if it was actually hacked?

thank you

mike

R.Mike, May 29, 2019
  3. rtwjunkie Win User
    geforce experience takes an age to load..

Well that's why I asked. Mine is on SSD and takes 11 seconds. Your list of games will not appear if it has not checkd for updated suggested settings for awhile until it checks.

When it says it is refreshing the game list, it is checking, because NVIDIA periodically updates suggested settings. Plus it will look for those for new games you have installed.

So, the less it is run, the slower it will be.

rtwjunkie, May 29, 2019
  4. 2311ski Win User

Start bar and Alt+Tab stop working after PC is on after awhile

After running Win10 without any major issues since its' release about a week ago I started encountering an apparently pretty common issue with the start bar not working. Along with the start bar not being accessible, when I try to use alt+tab, it also does
    not work. When I first logon to my PC it works fine but after awhile the issue appears. I've read through the various publications online detailing the steps of:

• Running /sfc scannow
    • Re-installing windows apps
    • Repairing windows update
    • Lastly, I have reset my PC (while keeping my files)

After going through all of the above, the issue still appears..

My next step is to create another account and use that, before I do that, does anyone else have any other suggestions for this issue?

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Desktop, Start, & personalization / Start Menu

2311ski, May 29, 2019
Thema:

1. i was hacked awhile back... - Similar Threads - was hacked awhile

2. How can I get my hacked account back?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I get my hacked account back?: So this morning November 11th, 2023 I couldn't log in to my account as it said That Microsoft Account dosen't exist and when I tried to make a new one it said it was already tooken, I found out that it was hacked as the recovery email was different. Can somebody please help...
  3. Can i get back a hacked accoutn ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can i get back a hacked accoutn ?: When I put my mail it says the account doesnt exist, and in family safety my mom sees that they changed the mail, can i get it back? Or trasfer the Minecraft beacose i buyed it ? I have the recipt of minecraft and the card with i buyed it....
  4. Can i get back a hacked accoutn ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can i get back a hacked accoutn ?: When I put my mail it says the account doesnt exist, and in family safety my mom sees that they changed the mail, can i get it back? Or trasfer the Minecraft beacose i buyed it ? I have the recipt of minecraft and the card with i buyed it....
  5. Can i get back a hacked accoutn ?

6. Hacked account and how to get it back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hacked account and how to get it back: So, I come home today to see my minecraft account logged out of java edition so I try looking at my email for anything, nothing. So I decide to try to log back in, says that my email wasnt associated with an account and when I check microsoft store the name is all messed up...
  7. Hacked account and how to get it back

Hacked account and how to get it back: So, I come home today to see my minecraft account logged out of java edition so I try looking at my email for anything, nothing. So I decide to try to log back in, says that my email wasnt associated with an account and when I check microsoft store the name is all messed up...
  8. Help! - Awhile Back My Touchpad settings changed and are now missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help! - Awhile Back My Touchpad settings changed and are now missing: Hello So this is driving me crazy, I have a HP 15-bs014cy with Windows 10 (of course). I used to be able to tap once on my touchpad with two fingers and it would return me to the home screen. I also used to be able to hit the left clicker and I configure it to be a "back"...
  9. So awhile back...

in Windows 10 Customization
    So awhile back...: This is just a general question, but awhile back I heard that the taskbar isn't skinned in custom windows 10 themes because it "doesn't support visual styles anymore". Is this true? And if so, how is it known? (General curiosity) 46202
  10. hacks, relays, and back doors

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    hacks, relays, and back doors: A week or so ago, I started having problems getting online. Everything bogged down after about an hour or less. No Roku, no access from either laptop. It finally got bad enough that I called my ISP and requested tech support. They sent out a tech after going through a few...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How to keep the hacked laptop from getting hacked again