Windows 10: I was having latency problems

Discus and support I was having latency problems in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So, awhile back I was having latency problems, which I have since fixed (besides what's wrong with game servers) and I have cleaned and optimized my PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/APartTimeHuman, May 15, 2020.

1. I was having latency problems

So, awhile back I was having latency problems, which I have since fixed (besides what's wrong with game servers) and I have cleaned and optimized my PC for the best performance possible, but now, everything is terrible. The computer freezes (like legit, cursor freezes, cannot interact with anything) for a little bit, when I try and download things on certain softwares (ex: Origin, Steam) tasks stop responding for minutes at a time, and a few more things that I can't name off the top of my head because I am sleep deprived. First times it happened, I reinstalled windows 10, which didn't fix the latency at the time (found out it was MB related, ethernet port was malfunctioning) but any slowness I experienced I declared latency related, because it could slow my PC down (I had done multiple virus scans and nothing came up). Now, after 2 months, I got a new PCIE card to plug my ethernet cord into and latency was fine, but my PC was (and still is) freezing and taking ages to open certain things. About a week after I got this new card, I decided to clean my PC and now, guess f**king what, its running WORSE. Scan again with Malawarebytes, no problems detected. Everything is up to date on the PC, including all drivers and windows 10 updates. After one certain problem (Image should be shown, let me know if it isn't) I decided "okay, something is definitely wrong with either windows or my HDD." I then attempted to launch SCP Secret Laboratory, which never launched until I restarted PC, and then after about 5 minutes at a time it would stop responding and then start working again, which had NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE. At that point I decided "alright, enough is enough." and then I downloaded Windows 10 installation media and chose to "Upgrade PC" to try and repair without deleting files, it reinstalled windows overnight, its on now, and whoop dee f**king doo, its freezing, and being slow af. I've basically given up on trying to figure out what the problem is on my own, and its not like I can go to a Computer Repair store right now, so I've decided to come to reddit and ask for help with this. What do you experts think I should do? Wipe my files and completely reinstall windows?

Here are PC Specs:
    AMD Radeon RX 580 8GB VRAM (MSI Armor OC Duel Fan) GPU
    AMD Ryzen 5 2600 (6 Core, 12 Thread Processors) CPU
    Aorus B450M Motherboard
    EVGA 450W Bronze PSU
    Seagate Barracuda 2TB Internal HDD (Falsely advertised as 7200RPM, actually around 5400RPM, Potentially corrupted)
    Inland Professional 120GB Internal SATA SSD (Also falsely advertised, 10GB smaller, which is a fairly big deal when its a drive that small)

submitted by /u/APartTimeHuman
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/APartTimeHuman, May 15, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Do I have latency problems?

I was having latency problems [​IMG]

- there's my laptop for comparison- not specially brilliant spec. (see below)

I only found wdf01000.sys in WinSxS - not an active driver in my case.

See analysis here:
    Wdf01000.sys Causing high DPC Latency - but how can I know what driver is the problem
    - uses XPERF to create a trace.

Another here:
    Latency caused by unidentified driver (wdf01000.sys) - Gearslutz Pro Audio Community
    with the odd idea/suggestion

Another thread here (in Dutch)
    Hoge latency door ACPI.sys en Wdf01000.sys. Geluid hangt. - Windows Clients - GoT

dalchina, May 23, 2020
  3. ringo Win User
    Do I have latency problems?

I tested with Latency moon and got a red line.I didn`t notice that in games, I think in maybe is some rare situation in games I noticed popping sound. In windows everything seems fine.Should latency be tested in idle or load (in games - when I enter game I will get red bar in latency moon, strees test??)?
    When I have latency problem will sound only stuttering or will I have fps drops, game slowdown or similar?Should I pay attention to it if I don`t get audio stutter?

Today I had open latency moon for 12 hours - mostly surfing, watched one movie and some light gaming

ringo, May 23, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

I was having latency problems

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, May 23, 2020
Thema:

I was having latency problems

1. I was having latency problems - Similar Threads - was having latency

2. Latency problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latency problems: Hey everybodyI currently have a lot of problems with latency, it normally happens when I play games. The specific problem is that I loose sound for a short period before it returns, while that is happening my computers starts to stutter and lag, after that when I use my...
  3. Latency problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latency problems: Hey everybodyI currently have a lot of problems with latency, it normally happens when I play games. The specific problem is that I loose sound for a short period before it returns, while that is happening my computers starts to stutter and lag, after that when I use my...
  4. I'm having latency problems on W10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm having latency problems on W10: So I've downgraded to windows 10 from 11 because I don't have TPM2.0.and I'm having low fps on games ,latency problems on OS and stuff. For example valorant keep freezing then crashes . DO NOT ASK NONSENSE STUFF LIKE " Are you sure your cpu is working well?" "Did you made a...
  5. I'm having latency problems on W10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm having latency problems on W10: So I've downgraded to windows 10 from 11 because I don't have TPM2.0.and I'm having low fps on games ,latency problems on OS and stuff. For example valorant keep freezing then crashes . DO NOT ASK NONSENSE STUFF LIKE " Are you sure your cpu is working well?" "Did you made a...
  6. I'm having latency problems on W10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. DPC Latency problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DPC Latency problems: Hi, over the last few days out of the blue I started to hear weird crackling and popping noises during video and audio playback, I tried to investigate and check to see what the problem was myself, I stumbled upon LatencyMon that test DPC Latency, seems that my problem is due...
  8. Audio latency problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio latency problems: I have a small recording studio so I usually connect various external sound cards to my pc. A couple of weeks ago I started having problems like crackling, audio clicking, terrible sound and stuff like that.I started checking for Bios, drivers or other apps updates. I...
  9. Latency problems?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Latency problems?: ____________________________________________________________________________________________________ _____ CONCLUSION ____________________________________________________________________________________________________ _____ Your system seems to be having difficulty handling...
  10. Do I have latency problems?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Do I have latency problems?: I tested with Latency moon and got a red line.I didn`t notice that in games, I think in maybe is some rare situation in games I noticed popping sound. In windows everything seems fine.Should latency be tested in idle or load (in games - when I enter game I will get red bar in...