Windows 10: I was just browsing through my computer when all of a sudden the “Which device did you plug...

Discus and support I was just browsing through my computer when all of a sudden the “Which device did you plug... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/SeaCopper [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/el6ju3/i_was_just_browsing_through_my_computer_when_all/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SeaCopper, Jan 7, 2020.

1. I was just browsing through my computer when all of a sudden the “Which device did you plug...

/u/SeaCopper, Jan 7, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

Computer Won't Auto Change the Playback Device When Headphones Plugged In/Out

Hi Michael,

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

Is the issue specific to only Headphones/ Does External Speaker play when plugged in?

I suggest you to try resetting the default device as shown in the steps given below and check if the issue persists.

• Plug in the Headphones in the machine.

• Go to Start and Control Panel.

• Select 'Hardware and Sound'.

• Click 'Change system sounds'.

• Click 'Playback' tab. (It should then show you your headphones in the list).

• Select your proper Headphone device from the list, then Click 'Set Default'.

• Now unplug your Headphones and select speakers from the list, then Click 'Set Default'.
    Hope it helps. Please reply for further queries on this.

Arul_D, Jan 7, 2020
  3. USB devices not working after Device Manager spring clean

The USB ports started failing intermittently again and then permanently.

Reinstalled 1703 again and that fixed it for a while then they started failing again.

When I plug in any peripheral it shows up in device manager with the exclamation mark.

I right-click 'update driver'
    Choose 'browse my computer...'
    'Let me pick from a list of...'
    Select the best candidate

Then the device will work. Until it is unplugged and plugged in again...

Then we are back to square one for that device.

Are there any suggestions for kicking the USB hub back to life so it recognises ordinary USB devices like mouses and keyboards without a manual driver update?

mojorising, Jan 7, 2020
  4. Widjaja Win User

I was just browsing through my computer when all of a sudden the “Which device did you plug...

Lightning Storm makes my computer to produce sound of a removable device plug-off

The Aliens are coming.
    First step to World domination, unplug USB devices.

Widjaja, Jan 7, 2020
Thema:

I was just browsing through my computer when all of a sudden the “Which device did you plug...

1. I was just browsing through my computer when all of a sudden the “Which device did you plug... - Similar Threads - was browsing through

2. "Which device did you plug in" not popping up when I plug in my device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Which device did you plug in" not popping up when I plug in my device.: Whenever I plug in my earphones into my computer, I don't get the pop-up "Which device did you plug in?" When I checked my audio device on "Hardware and Sound" It said it was not plugged in?...
  3. "Which device did you plug in" not popping up when I plug in my device.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Which device did you plug in" not popping up when I plug in my device.: Whenever I plug in my earphones into my computer, I don't get the pop-up "Which device did you plug in?" When I checked my audio device on "Hardware and Sound" It said it was not plugged in?...
  4. "Which device did you plug in" not popping up when I plug in my device.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. RealTek "which device did you plug in?"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RealTek "which device did you plug in?": whenever i plug in my headset it asks this question which is fine, but the problem is that i am using a headset that has a mic. Basically i have to pick between being able to talk to people without me hearing them or me being able to hear them but they cant hear me. there...
  6. RealTek "which device did you plug in?"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RealTek "which device did you plug in?": whenever i plug in my headset it asks this question which is fine, but the problem is that i am using a headset that has a mic. Basically i have to pick between being able to talk to people without me hearing them or me being able to hear them but they cant hear me. there...
  7. Disabling "Which device did you plug in?" notification

Disabling "Which device did you plug in?" notification: I have been looking for a solution for a while, but I can't find one that works for me. I have been trying to disable this notification: This pops up whenever I plug in headphones or earbuds, and neither will start producing sound until I click 'OK'. [ATTACH] The...
  8. How do I stop the "which device did you just plug in?" prompts everytime I plug my...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I stop the "which device did you just plug in?" prompts everytime I plug my...: Every time I plug my headphones in, I get this prompt asking me which device I plugged in and I have to click on "OK" everytime. It's super annoying and sometimes I misclick, causing the notification to go away and me having to re-plug the headphones. How do I make it...
  9. How to disable "which device did you plug in?"

How to disable "which device did you plug in?": This thing pops up whenever I plug in my headphones. The ring tone associated with it is super obnoxious. How do I get it to remember the choice and stop asking? [ATTACH] Clicking the clock thing in the upper left corner doesn't give me any options. [ATTACH]...
  10. 'what device did you just plug in' popup

in Windows 10 Customization
    'what device did you just plug in' popup: Hello, In the past I had used headphones (no microphone) with my windows 10 laptop. Back then a popup would come up saying 'what device have you plugged in' every time I plugged them into the jack. However I clicked the 'do not display' icon so now when I want to use my...