Windows 10: I was just scammed about a hacking issue on my computer. How can I stop this from happening

Discus and support I was just scammed about a hacking issue on my computer. How can I stop this from happening in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My computer was hacked. A message supposedly from Microsoft support came on my screen. I could not do anything with my computer but call the "support"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Brenda Mallet, Mar 24, 2023.

1. I was just scammed about a hacking issue on my computer. How can I stop this from happening

My computer was hacked. A message supposedly from Microsoft support came on my screen. I could not do anything with my computer but call the "support" number. Unfortunately I did call and gave them access to my computer. Once I realized it was a scam I ended the call and deleted the program that gave the hacker access to my computer. Is removing the program enough to protect me?? The only personal info I gave them was my name...

:)

Brenda Mallet, Mar 24, 2023
  2. Smeed Win User
    Smeed, Mar 24, 2023
  3. Smeed Win User
    Smeed, Mar 24, 2023
  4. I was just scammed about a hacking issue on my computer. How can I stop this from happening

HACKED computer

SCAM.

Either clean your computer and change all your passwords yourself OR get your computer cleaned (and still change all your passwords yourself.)

You were not 'hacked' (unless, MAYBE, you fell for the scam and called someone/clicked on something to get it ll fixed) - you were infected with malware.

Shenan Stanley, Mar 24, 2023
Thema:

I was just scammed about a hacking issue on my computer. How can I stop this from happening

1. I was just scammed about a hacking issue on my computer. How can I stop this from happening - Similar Threads - was scammed hacking

2. How can I clear up hacking on my computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can I clear up hacking on my computer: Hello,My computer has been hacked and my IP address has been used on the dark web and I need so help with my computer.I have emails that are not coming in and I have noticed that when I send documents are missing. My junk mail has been mixed with income mail. When emails are...
  3. How can I fix my computer from this BSOD issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I fix my computer from this BSOD issue: So I have this problem where my computer blue screens or hangs every few hours or so sometimes even more than once an hour. I tried to reinstall my drivers with ddu multiple times now I reinstalled my windows I swapped ram stick slots , tried with one ram stick only tried...
  4. How can I fix my computer from this BSOD issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I fix my computer from this BSOD issue: So I have this problem where my computer blue screens or hangs every few hours or so sometimes even more than once an hour. I tried to reinstall my drivers with ddu multiple times now I reinstalled my windows I swapped ram stick slots , tried with one ram stick only tried...
  5. I was just scammed about a hacking issue on my computer. How can I stop this from happening

I was just scammed about a hacking issue on my computer. How can I stop this from happening: My computer was hacked. A message supposedly from Microsoft support came on my screen. I could not do anything with my computer but call the "support" number. Unfortunately I did call and gave them access to my computer. Once I realized it was a scam I ended the call and...
  6. I was just scammed about a hacking issue on my computer. How can I stop this from happening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I was just scammed about a hacking issue on my computer. How can I stop this from happening: My computer was hacked. A message supposedly from Microsoft support came on my screen. I could not do anything with my computer but call the "support" number. Unfortunately I did call and gave them access to my computer. Once I realized it was a scam I ended the call and...
  7. How do I stop this from happening.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I stop this from happening.: Hello to the forums. I run a dual boot Dell Inspiron 15R 5521, with Windows 7 and 10 installed. I have 2 hard drives, one for all the operating systems and one for files. The hard drive for files is being used with a DVD to SATA adapter. One of my family members needed to...
  8. How do I stop this from happening.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop this from happening.: Hello to the forums. I run a dual boot Dell Inspiron 15R 5521, with Windows 7 and 10 installed. I have 2 hard drives, one for all the operating systems and one for files. The hard drive for files is being used with a DVD to SATA adapter. One of my family members needed to...
  9. How do I stop this from happening.

10. How do I stop this from happening?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I stop this from happening?: This happens several times during the day and I have to close and re-open, sometimes it opens properly sometimes I have to completely close to open properly. Its been like it for a few months now and no one I ask in the office seems to be able to sort it. I lose all the top...