Windows 10: I was on netplwiz, and accidentally removed my account from the administrator list, and now...

Discus and support I was on netplwiz, and accidentally removed my account from the administrator list, and now... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I really need help man, and I don't want to reinstall Windows again. I can only use another account which isn't even administrator. My account doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LSF_Rulz, Dec 30, 2020.

1. I was on netplwiz, and accidentally removed my account from the administrator list, and now...

I really need help man, and I don't want to reinstall Windows again. I can only use another account which isn't even administrator. My account doesn't show up on the lock menu, and if I want to do something that needs administrator permissions, it doesn't ask for an administrator username and password, it just straight up says no. Please can anyone give me a solution?

submitted by /u/LSF_Rulz
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/LSF_Rulz, Dec 30, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Dec 30, 2020
  3. Accidental administrator removal, one account helppppppp

Can anybody give me a very basic step by step guide as to how I return administrative rights back to my account after I've accidentally removed them. Im very poor with computers and It's the only account on my laptop so every time I try to follow tutorials
    to restore rights back to my account it doesn't give me the option to. I removed them by holding down the windows button and R before typing netplwiz and following the menus to the point where it gave me the choice. Please help me I was trying to find a way
    to fix a MSO2087 auto correct error every time I opened Word 2013 and have seriously messed up. Thank you in advance to anyone who can help me.

GeorgeBradley98, Dec 30, 2020
  4. Zakin Win User

I was on netplwiz, and accidentally removed my account from the administrator list, and now...

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown I was on netplwiz, and accidentally removed my account from the administrator list, and now... :(

Zakin, Dec 30, 2020
Thema:

I was on netplwiz, and accidentally removed my account from the administrator list, and now...

1. I was on netplwiz, and accidentally removed my account from the administrator list, and now... - Similar Threads - was netplwiz accidentally

2. Removed account via netplwiz and I can't log in now

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removed account via netplwiz and I can't log in now: Hi, Microsoft. Long story short, I tried to make my PC have no password so when I log in it wouldn't annoy me. And the method I used was a command netplwiz to delete all users from my PC and I checked off the need to enter with a password.The strange thing though is that as...
  3. Removed account via netplwiz and I can't log in now

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removed account via netplwiz and I can't log in now: Hi, Microsoft. Long story short, I tried to make my PC have no password so when I log in it wouldn't annoy me. And the method I used was a command netplwiz to delete all users from my PC and I checked off the need to enter with a password.The strange thing though is that as...
  4. Account gone from netplwiz user list

Account gone from netplwiz user list: I changed my name in netplwiz and my acc in the list is gone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-gone-from-netplwiz-user-list/109bc7ca-bbcd-4316-8912-e1a2974eb6f9
  5. Account gone from netplwiz user list

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Account gone from netplwiz user list: I changed my name in netplwiz and my acc in the list is gone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-gone-from-netplwiz-user-list/109bc7ca-bbcd-4316-8912-e1a2974eb6f9
  6. Account gone from netplwiz user list

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Account gone from list in netplwiz

Account gone from list in netplwiz: I changed my username in netplwiz and I can't find the account from the user list anymore. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-gone-from-list-in-netplwiz/11f24f29-dec7-4833-8e94-407c0d567113
  8. Account gone from list in netplwiz

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Account gone from list in netplwiz: I changed my username in netplwiz and I can't find the account from the user list anymore. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-gone-from-list-in-netplwiz/11f24f29-dec7-4833-8e94-407c0d567113
  9. Accidentally removed administrator rights from both of my accounts. What do I do now?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Accidentally removed administrator rights from both of my accounts. What do I do now?: Accidentally removed administrator rights from both of my accounts. What do I do now? I had my main account set as administrator. I crated new account and made it also an administrator. Then i accidentally set them both as a normal user accounts. I cant run anything as...
  10. accidentally removed administrator account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    accidentally removed administrator account: now i have no access i can't even open settings i tried a lot of solutions but they were all useless so please help and thank you...