Windows 10: I was resizing my Disks and my pc unplugged , i lost 9 gbs of space, How can i fix it?

Discus and support I was resizing my Disks and my pc unplugged , i lost 9 gbs of space, How can i fix it? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was Resizing my Hard disks In my pc, I shrinked size of my F drive and extended the size of my C drive but my pc suddenly powered off due to an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Reyan asif, Apr 23, 2021.

1. I was resizing my Disks and my pc unplugged , i lost 9 gbs of space, How can i fix it?

I was Resizing my Hard disks In my pc, I shrinked size of my F drive and extended the size of my C drive but my pc suddenly powered off due to an error, and when it restarted, i lost 9 Gbs in F drive and my c drive was not extended, and there is no Unallocated Drive with 9 gbs, How can i get my Space back?Please Help!

:)

Reyan asif, Apr 23, 2021

2. lost 9 gigs of free space on hard disk.

I've tried to use Command Prompt (admin). Typed in vssadmin list shadow storage into the command prompt. It gave the amount of storage used and the maximum amount allotted.

After that i typed in vssadmin Resize ShadowStorage/For=[your hard disk]:/On=[your hard disk]:/MaxSize=[how much space you want to allocate]. Pressed enter. It said invalid entry.

Also i did a run check (chkdsk). no problems found.

Please help.

Thank you Chris.

JERI n CHRISJASTER n VIDELER, Apr 23, 2021
  3. Vicky Acs Win User
    lost 9 gigs of free space on hard disk.

Hi Chris.

Did you make any changes to your computer prior to the issue?

To run properly vssadmin Resize ShadowStorage /For=[your hard disk]: /On=[your hard disk]: /MaxSize=[how much space you want to allocate]

Make sure to specify the values for the hard disk and the space for allocation to make it a valid command.

You should get a message saying successfully resizes the shadow copy storage association, and you should have more free space on your hard drive.

Regards.

Vicky Acs, Apr 23, 2021
  4. I was resizing my Disks and my pc unplugged , i lost 9 gbs of space, How can i fix it?

Missing over 600 GB of free unused disk space!

I have an HP 250 G2 Notebook. When installing Windows 7 the setup menu showed me a list of disks and partitions and asked, "Where do you want to install Windows?" There was a 'Disk 0' with 298 GB of space and a 'Disk 1' with over 600 GB of space. I thought
    I was deleting a partition and selected 'Disk 1' and clicked the 'Delete' button in the menu below the list of storage space drives. I thought this would result in seeing one drive with about 931 GB of space (as listed in the product specifications on the
    HP website). Instead the 'Disk 1' and its space COMPLETELY disappeared. I cannot get that 600 GB of space to appear again. When viewing drives in the Windows Explorer it only shows 298 GB of space. When going to the disk manager, it only shows 298 GB of space.
    I tried re-formatting the machine and reinstalling Windows. Still only shows 298 GB of space. I tried using the command prompt as an administrator and running "chkdsk". Still only shows 298 GB of space. I tried using "diskpart" still only shows 298GB of space.
    I installed several "expert" applications that are designed to view partitions and recover disk space. Still only shows 298 GB of space. Beginning to loose hope. How did I loose 2/3 of my disk space and how do I get it back?

Fire Beaver, Apr 23, 2021
Thema:

I was resizing my Disks and my pc unplugged , i lost 9 gbs of space, How can i fix it?

1. I was resizing my Disks and my pc unplugged , i lost 9 gbs of space, How can i fix it? - Similar Threads - was resizing Disks

2. How can I fix my Surface Pro 9?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I fix my Surface Pro 9?: Hey everyone!I just bought my Surface and I was setting it up. The first problem occured when I tried to change my background, it didn't accepted the picture and just went to blank black background. I tried it a few times more but every time I chose the picturefile it went...
  3. How can I fix my Surface Pro 9?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I fix my Surface Pro 9?: Hey everyone!I just bought my Surface and I was setting it up. The first problem occured when I tried to change my background, it didn't accepted the picture and just went to blank black background. I tried it a few times more but every time I chose the picturefile it went...
  4. How can I fix my PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I fix my PC?: I was doing a system image restore and unfortunately i lost power and my system image is corrupted. I can’t even factory reset my computer not even boot up from a USB. Or reinstall windows. I relay don’t know what else to do...
  5. How can I fix my PC?

How can I fix my PC?: I was doing a system image restore and unfortunately i lost power and my system image is corrupted. I can’t even factory reset my computer not even boot up from a USB. Or reinstall windows. I relay don’t know what else to do...
  6. How can I fix my PC?

How can I fix my PC?: Recently, I tried downgrading my computer from Windows 11 to Windows 10. For some reason, it failed, and with that, it deleted many key programs and features. For example, I can not open the notification sidebar, neither can I open the start menu or search menu, windows+s...
  7. How can I fix my PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I fix my PC?: Recently, I tried downgrading my computer from Windows 11 to Windows 10. For some reason, it failed, and with that, it deleted many key programs and features. For example, I can not open the notification sidebar, neither can I open the start menu or search menu, windows+s...
  8. I unplugged my pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I unplugged my pc: So i unplugged my pc cable and then put them back on and now im stuck with a screen dell inspiration 3880 and all i can is exit or restore setting if i try to exit it just restarts in a loop same goes from restoring setting what should i do...
  9. My disk E disappeared.Why and how can I fix that?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My disk E disappeared.Why and how can I fix that?: Yesterday I went to sleep, closing my PC as usual.The next day, I open my PC and try to play..but disk E disappeared and all my games are gone. The dosk had 1TB..Now i dont have memory.What should I do? [ATTACH]...
  10. I LOST PASSWORD/how can i fix it?

I LOST PASSWORD/how can i fix it?: I AM LOCKED OUT OF MY COMPUTER LOST PASSWORD/how can i fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-lost-passwordhow-can-i-fix-it/d3d23c44-35c1-4567-bec2-0b83f4806b46