Windows 10: I was trying to wipe the hard drive then my computer died, now it’s just constantly...

Discus and support I was trying to wipe the hard drive then my computer died, now it’s just constantly... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I went into the options for restarting my computer and decided to wipe my hard drive and totally clean it. But my computer died like a fourth of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jack Bowes, Nov 28, 2022.

1. I was trying to wipe the hard drive then my computer died, now it’s just constantly...

I went into the options for restarting my computer and decided to wipe my hard drive and totally clean it. But my computer died like a fourth of the way through it and now it is just shutting down and repeating the same screen over and over and over again. And then it shows the update screen for about a half of a second and then the screen goes black and it restarts again. It has been happening for hours upon hours and here is what all the phases look like before it restarts again.

:)

Jack Bowes, Nov 28, 2022

2. How to wipe a hard drive

modder I already used kill-disk. The deletion is done, I need to reinstall everything.

floridajerseyguy, Nov 28, 2022
  3. How to wipe a hard drive

Thanks guys

My Special thanks goes out to all those involved with posting a reply on this thread.

I have been helped tremendously by a few who suggested I take out the hard drive and clean it up on another system.

That is something I had not tried yet. I have another system readily available and it makes a lot of sense.

I do have a few questions though: After I take out the hard drive and connect it to a new system,

Will I be able to run something more advanced than the built in OS drive manager to more completely wipe the drive (i.e. kill disk)?

What I am asking is: Can I run "kill disk" on the old hard drive from the other computer instead of the Windows program that does the same thing?

I am going to try to disconnect the hard drive today, but I don't know if running the kill disk program from the other computer would be the most efficient and complete way to clean the drive.

Is that something that I would even want to do, Peet? Would that work? What do you think, cheese?

Does kill disk cost money? Do I get the free download off that site you gave me, 2wicked?

floridajerseyguy, Nov 28, 2022
  4. I was trying to wipe the hard drive then my computer died, now it’s just constantly...

Mechanical Hard Drive A:\

Proceed with the steps I gave you to test the hard drive to know for sure it's condition.

If it passes wipe it and try formatting as suggested. If it fails initializing as MBR then try GPT (for data).

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Nov 28, 2022
Thema:

I was trying to wipe the hard drive then my computer died, now it’s just constantly...

1. I was trying to wipe the hard drive then my computer died, now it’s just constantly... - Similar Threads - was trying wipe

2. I was trying to wipe the hard drive then my computer died, now it’s just constantly...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I was trying to wipe the hard drive then my computer died, now it’s just constantly...: I went into the options for restarting my computer and decided to wipe my hard drive and totally clean it. But my computer died like a fourth of the way through it and now it is just shutting down and repeating the same screen over and over and over again. And then it shows...
  3. Hard drive wipe

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard drive wipe: Hi,I need to wipe a external hard drive to reuse in another system. I thought about using ccleaner but I know it is unsafe. Just so you know I don't want to format it.Thanks...
  4. Wiping hard drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wiping hard drives: I am selling a pc it has 3 drives installed, i factory reset the pc and chose to delete all files, will this delete the files from all 3 drives or just the drive with the OS on?...
  5. Hard drive wipe

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard drive wipe: I am having issues deleting files from my windows app folder on my secondary drive it either says i dont have access, need permission from system or error 0x80070780. I have tried all things i could find via a google search. I have 2 of them due to previous issues each with...
  6. wipe of hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    wipe of hard drive: I am trying to wipe my hard drive so I can donate my HP desktop to charity I tried the recovery option but after a long long while it failed to make any changes. I have tried DBAN but for whatever reason it also would not work and just gave me the option of altering the dvd...
  7. Wiping Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Wiping Hard Drive: Hello! I just downloaded a bootable windows onto an usb stick and I from there booted up the computer from the USB stick and formatted all the disks inside the laptop. Then exitted the program. Now when I boot up the computer it just says "No operating System Installed" My...
  8. wipe hard drive

wipe hard drive: I wipe a hard drive with DOD wipe I am trying to reimage drive with window 10 I am getting error do you know if the wipe is affecting the imaging process? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/wipe-hard-drive/2bd86868-d974-4260-b360-637d0cb5e3d2
  9. My Hard drive died

My Hard drive died: My hard drive in my laptop failed . I'm having to replace the drive. I have the windows 10 home on a USB from when the disability desk helped me recover my laptop from malware. I think the hard drive was damaged from the infection because whole sectors were corrupted after...
  10. Is my hard drive dying?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is my hard drive dying?: My system has an SSD boot drive and a secondary internal hard drive. The hard drive is assigned drive letter E. I use it for general storage, downloads, etc. Starting today the system hangs at boot time on SATA Port 6 - which is where the hard drive is connected. If I...