Windows 10: I was unable to clone my HDD to my SSD due to the size

Discus and support I was unable to clone my HDD to my SSD due to the size in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So basically I had a 1tb HDD, and I just had gotten myself a 256ssd. I was unable to clone my HDD to my SSD due to the size. So is the only way to use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/manaleakage, May 16, 2020.

1. I was unable to clone my HDD to my SSD due to the size

So basically I had a 1tb HDD, and I just had gotten myself a 256ssd. I was unable to clone my HDD to my SSD due to the size. So is the only way to use a media installation tool on my SDD and buying another key? Or should I format my HDD and then clone it to my SSD?

submitted by /u/manaleakage
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/manaleakage, May 16, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

How to clone hdd to ssd

H PARVEEN_RANAUT

If you can connect both drives to your PC at the same time and the SSD is of the same or greater size to the HDD, then you can use the free version of Macrium Reflect to clone the HDD onto the SSD . . .

Download link:

Macrium Reflect Free

How to use Macrium Reflect to Clone a drive:

https://blog.macrium.com/techie-tuesday-cloning...

Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research
    any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

DaveM121, May 23, 2020
  3. Clone HDD to a SSD

I'm planing to upgrade my new laptop HDD to SSD while using my HDD as a storage media on my laptop. My laptop came with windows 10 Home OEM. If I cloned the HDD will the windows be activated after I
    cloned or will it be deactivated?? And what happend to other activated softwares like MS Office and Antivirus Softwares???

Thank you for your support.

Kasun Anuradha, May 23, 2020
  4. Smears Win User

I was unable to clone my HDD to my SSD due to the size

Restore Image or Clone from HDD to new SSD?

I have a single, non-partitioned (C:\ drive only) 500GB HDD in a desktop PC, using approx. 80 percent of it. I want to install a 500GB SSD, and clone or restore an image of the HDD to it. Once that's complete and successful, I plan to wipe the 500GB HDD
    and then move my large libraries of media from the newly installed SSD to it. My future holds lots of video editing and compiling, so the extra storage will help, along with the better performance via the SSD (and upgraded RAM as well).

I'm unable to find after much research a definitive answer as to whether cloning the HDD to the SSD is better than restoring an image of the HDD to the SSD. I've read where cloning will carry over bad sectors and such where imaging will not. I think I'm
    leaning toward image restore, keeping a copy of it on an external 1TB drive I have, to which I can periodically do image backups of the new, separate drives.

I'd also like to find a tutorial re: the same. Thanks in advance for any help.

Smears, May 23, 2020
Thema:

I was unable to clone my HDD to my SSD due to the size

1. I was unable to clone my HDD to my SSD due to the size - Similar Threads - was unable clone

2. Clone HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clone HDD to SSD: Of all the many programs than come with Win10, do any allow the cloning of the OS to a new SSD? If so, are the instructions easy to understand & follow? If not, can you recommend one?Thanks!...
  3. Clone HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clone HDD to SSD: Of all the many programs than come with Win10, do any allow the cloning of the OS to a new SSD? If so, are the instructions easy to understand & follow? If not, can you recommend one?Thanks!...
  4. Error after clone my HDD to SSD?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Error after clone my HDD to SSD?: Hi, I clone/transfer my HDD to SSD. I want to boot from SSD but I get error https://i.ibb.co/Zf1C3TQ/IMG-20210304-160641.jpg How to solve this problem? Still my HDD running fine. submitted by /u/Lacter51 [link] [comments]...
  5. I Cloned my 1TB HDD to a New SSD, both 1TB in Size, but the Cloned SSD Won't boot from USB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I Cloned my 1TB HDD to a New SSD, both 1TB in Size, but the Cloned SSD Won't boot from USB: Hi! On Thursday, I bought a New SK Hynix 1 TB Hard Drive, figuring I'd upgrade my 3 year old Dell Inspiron 3567 laptop that understandably is slowing down over time. So I downloaded Macrium Reflect Free edition and connected my SSD via SATA to USB 3.0 cable to the USB 3.0...
  6. HDD to SSD clone.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HDD to SSD clone.: Want to transfer my whole operating system along with the data from a HDD to a SSD but don't know how to do it. Help needed. SSD not yet bought so suggestion on what company to buy from are welcome. Currently using western digital wd10spzx-60z10t0 1TB. Let me know if more...
  7. Cloning a hdd to ssd

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Cloning a hdd to ssd: 1t to 250 gig ssd using MiniTool Partition Free. Very little on the hdd and I never even fill up a 128g ssd !! Anything I have to be aware of ? Thanks 143870
  8. Cloning a hdd to ssd

in Windows 10 Support
    Cloning a hdd to ssd: 1t to 250 gig ssd using Macrium Free. Very little on the hdd and I never even fill up a 128g ssd !! Anything I have to be aware of ? Thanks 143870
  9. Real time SSD cloning to my HDD

Real time SSD cloning to my HDD: Hi, I have a specific case here, couldn't find one like this before, so here it is. I have a 2 year old laptop, although it is still pretty strong, i bought EXP GDC to power it up a little bit. Anyway, the problem is, the M.2 port i should plug the EXP GDC into, is...
  10. Clone HDD to SSD

Clone HDD to SSD: Most regulars here recommend and use Macrium Reflect Free which will work on ANY drive. 93058