Windows 10: I was using Internet edge but now it is not there. Also I can not find Internet Explorer...

Discus and support I was using Internet edge but now it is not there. Also I can not find Internet Explorer... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Help How do I get Edge back ? I can't even find Internet Explorer listed in Apps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by gailKenney1, Feb 18, 2019.

1. I was using Internet edge but now it is not there. Also I can not find Internet Explorer...

Help

How do I get Edge back ?

I can't even find Internet Explorer listed in Apps

:)

gailKenney1, Feb 18, 2019
  2. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

I was using Internet edge but now it is not there.  Also I can not find Internet Explorer... wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

3. Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge unable to load any webpage

Hi Nemanja,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand your issue with Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge browsers dysfunctional on Windows 10 and I'd certainly help you to resolve the issue.

This happens, when the Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge browser files are corrupted or due to incorrect settings.

Share this information to assist you better.
    • Do you receive any error code/message?

• Is there are any update pending or failed to install?

• What are the troubleshooting steps that you have already tried?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet Explorer. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is
    with your Explorer.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter.
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/internet-explorer/ie-crashes-stops-working#ie=ie-11

Step 2: I suggest you to reset the Internet Explorer and check if it helps.

Refer the below article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/reset-ie-settings#ie=ie-11

Reset Internet explorer disclaimer:

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer
    Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

Step 3: Clear caches and cookies

• Open Microsoft EDGE.

• After that click on (…) “More action” option which is visible at top right side of the browser and you will see “Settings” option.

• Under “Settings” scroll down and you will see a button “Choose what to clear” under “Clear browsing data” option.

• Once you click on this option you will see list of feature, Select Cached data and file.

• Here you need to check the option you want to clear and click “Clear” button.
    Please refer to the suggestions of Abdul_Malik, replied on October 21, 2015, to fix your issue with Microsoft Edge browser.

Microsoft edge is not working properly:

Microsoft edge is not working properly..

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Feb 18, 2019
  4. Geethu B Win User

I was using Internet edge but now it is not there. Also I can not find Internet Explorer...

Internet Explorer Use Within Microsoft Edge

Hi Deb,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have and in issue with opening websites using Internet Explorer from Microsoft Edge. I
    will surely help you with this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

1. Incorrect Internet Explorer settings.

2. Bowser cache and cookies.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to run the Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter. Internet Explorer performance will fix common Internet Explorer issues.

Follow these steps:

a) Press the ‘Windows + W’ key on the keyboard.

b) Type Troubleshooting in the search box and then press
    enter.

c) Click view all and then select Internet Explorer performance and click on
    next.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to reset Internet Explorer settings and check if it helps.

Change or reset Internet Explorer settings

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental
    control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

Method 3:

To resolve the issue with Microsoft Edge, I suggest you delete browser cache and cookies and check if it helps. Cookies are small files that are put on your device as you browse the web to save information for a variety of purposes.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/edge-privacy-faq

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Feb 18, 2019
Thema:

I was using Internet edge but now it is not there. Also I can not find Internet Explorer...

1. I was using Internet edge but now it is not there. Also I can not find Internet Explorer... - Similar Threads - was using Internet

2. I will use Internet Explorer FOREVER!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I will use Internet Explorer FOREVER!!: Don't really care if you stop support IE on valentines day and I do know MS did on purpose.Uninstalling MS Edge Chromium via cfg right now, I was testing it but now you people gone too far. I will use my beloved IE forever best I can, plus stopping both quality/security...
  3. I will use Internet Explorer FOREVER!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I will use Internet Explorer FOREVER!!: Don't really care if you stop support IE on valentines day and I do know MS did on purpose.Uninstalling MS Edge Chromium via cfg right now, I was testing it but now you people gone too far. I will use my beloved IE forever best I can, plus stopping both quality/security...
  4. Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge: Hi Community,I’ve been trying to access an internet explorer website using my macbook on microsoft edge. however the website prompts me to download internet explorer 11 or higher in order to access.however i have not found a solution....
  5. Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge: Hi Community,I’ve been trying to access an internet explorer website using my macbook on microsoft edge. however the website prompts me to download internet explorer 11 or higher in order to access.however i have not found a solution....
  6. where can i find internet exployer

in Cortana
    where can i find internet exployer: where can i find internet exployer 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-can-i-find-internet-exployer/de81dce7-be8c-4612-b2e6-8966d5fc0da6
  7. internet explorer , not microsoft edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    internet explorer , not microsoft edge: hi all, I took my internet explorer off my task bar and now I cant use anything but Microsoft EDGE , which I hate. Can anyone tell me how I can get my old internet explorer search engine back? thanks james...
  8. "No internet, secured" while i can use the internet completely fine

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "No internet, secured" while i can use the internet completely fine: Hey everyone, so i've been having this problem where i'm connected to the internet, it works i can open up my browser and watch videos, go on redit etc. but in the taskbar on the wifi thingy it says "No internet, secured". It does this on every network, no matter if it works...
  9. Internet Explorer, Edge and Favourites.

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer, Edge and Favourites.: I use IE and Edge mainly because some sites do not seem to work well in IE now. I like IE and have a hundred or more favourites saved in folders. I recently imported these to Edge but I have a small problem. If I save a new favourite to IE I then have to repeat the process in...
  10. RC4 is now deprecated in Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11

in Windows 10 News
    RC4 is now deprecated in Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11: In September 2015, Microsoft announced the end-of-support for the RC4 cipher in Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11 in 2016, as there is consensus across the industry that RC4 is no longer cryptographically secure. Today, we are releasing KB3151631 with the August 9,...