Windows 10: I was wondering if you can still use an external hard drive to store overflow files if you...

Discus and support I was wondering if you can still use an external hard drive to store overflow files if you... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This is my first time using a hard drive as a backup but I only have one drive and use it for other files my computer can't store and such. submitted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/vkuma, May 19, 2020.

1. /u/vkuma Win User

I was wondering if you can still use an external hard drive to store overflow files if you...

This is my first time using a hard drive as a backup but I only have one drive and use it for other files my computer can't store and such.

submitted by /u/vkuma
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/vkuma, May 19, 2020
  2. Platibus Win User

Stored files in Hard Drive

I'd like to know if there's a way of listing all the files stored in my hardware and arrange them by size, because I want to keep track of what's on my hard drive. Thanks, I hope you answer.

Platibus, May 19, 2020
  3. Drone Win User
    Stored files in Hard Drive

You can use Windows search. Just search for *.* on a desired drive. When list is done just arrange them by size LOL.

You can do it via command line as well and make an output text file showing files and their sizes (but without arrangement)

Drone, May 19, 2020
  4. Remon Ont Win User

I was wondering if you can still use an external hard drive to store overflow files if you...

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, May 19, 2020
Thema:

1. I was wondering if you can still use an external hard drive to store overflow files if you... - Similar Threads - was wondering still

2. Can you export a code onto an external hard drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you export a code onto an external hard drive.: My friend is getting harassed and he needs help so I am trying to code something to brute force any passwords that get in the way of the program deleting system 32 so that he can live in peace. I am going to do this and will likely never get it back, however need help, if...
  3. Can you export a code onto an external hard drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you export a code onto an external hard drive.: My friend is getting harrassed and he needs help so I am trying to code something to brute force any passwords that get in the way of the program deleting system 32 so that he can live in peace. I am going to do this and will likely never get it back, however need help, if...
  4. Can you export a code onto an external hard drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can you export a code onto an external hard drive.: My friend is getting harassed and he needs help so I am trying to code something to brute force any passwords that get in the way of the program deleting system 32 so that he can live in peace. I am going to do this and will likely never get it back, however need help, if...
  5. Can you export a code onto an external hard drive.

Can you export a code onto an external hard drive.: My friend is getting harrassed and he needs help so I am trying to code something to brute force any passwords that get in the way of the program deleting system 32 so that he can live in peace. I am going to do this and will likely never get it back, however need help, if...
  6. Can you store Xbox for PC games and Steam games on the same External hard drive? or do you...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you store Xbox for PC games and Steam games on the same External hard drive? or do you...: Can you store Xbox for PC games and Steam games on the same External hard drive? or do you need different Formatting?Im not after using the console games on this hard drive, only the ones downloaded via Xbox for PC...
  7. Can you fix corrupt files on external hard drive?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can you fix corrupt files on external hard drive?: I stupidly moved instead of copied about 50 GB of videos and documents to an external hard drive. Everything was in one folder and I just moved it and went away from the computer for an hour or so figuring it would take a while. When I tried to look and make sure everything...
  8. Can you fix corrupt files on external hard drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can you fix corrupt files on external hard drive?: I stupidly moved instead of copied about 50 GB of videos and documents to an external hard drive. Everything was in one folder and I just moved it and went away from the computer for an hour or so figuring it would take a while. When I tried to look and make sure everything...
  9. Can you combine external drives into a MEGA external drive?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Can you combine external drives into a MEGA external drive?: I have an external hard drive that I connect to my router and I back up important files to. But I'm reaching the external hard drive's limit. I was wondering if I could combine several external hard drives so they act like one huge mega hard drive. *Smile I was doing some...
  10. Can you copy program files over to an external hard drive?

Can you copy program files over to an external hard drive?: Can you copy program files over to an external hard drive? And copy them back onto your hard drive after installing Windows 10 pro? Or do you have to install all the programs again? If so is there any software that would do it for you? 74875