Windows 10: I was wondering why this symbol is on top of my windows key and if its something i gave to...

Discus and support I was wondering why this symbol is on top of my windows key and if its something i gave to... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/XMasterBladeX [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/XMasterBladeX, Nov 21, 2019.

1. I was wondering why this symbol is on top of my windows key and if its something i gave to...

/u/XMasterBladeX, Nov 21, 2019

2. symbols only displaying after another key is pressed.

Hi Alex,

Virus and malware could be one of the possible reasons why you're having trouble with symbols on your keyboard. To isolate the issue, we'd like to ask you a few questions:

• Have you made any recent changes to your device before the issue started?
    • Did you encounter any error messages while typing the symbols?
    • Can you tell us the troubleshooting steps that you've performed?

Meanwhile, we suggest scanning your device using an antivirus program and see if it's infected by a virus.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Ronalene Mat, Nov 28, 2019
  3. resetting keyboard symbols

Hi Carol,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to remove English UK and just have the default English US under keyboard input language and check.

Step 1:To keep English US as the default input language and to remove other installed services

a. Type Settings in the search bar and click on the setting symbol on the top right.

b. Click on Time and Languages.

c. Click on Region and Languages.

d. Under the languages tab.

e. Click and Change the language to English US.

Step 2:Use on screen keyboard to type the characters (@, “)

To use on-screen keyboard, follow the steps below.

a. Click on Start; type “On-screen” without quotes and hit Enter.

b. Now check if you’re able to get right characters.

Let us know if it helps or post back for further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Nov 28, 2019
  4. aytchgee Win User

I was wondering why this symbol is on top of my windows key and if its something i gave to...

5140 with "handbag" symbol top left of display

I have a 5140 with Orange PAYG sim card. A symbol resembling a handbag / clothes iron has appeared in the top left of the screen above the signal display. I work for a company with a Nokia service centre but no-one had ever seen this symbol before. It
    is not listed in either the 5140 or 5140i user guide.

Any ideas?

aytchgee, Nov 28, 2019
Thema:

I was wondering why this symbol is on top of my windows key and if its something i gave to...

1. I was wondering why this symbol is on top of my windows key and if its something i gave to... - Similar Threads - was wondering why

2. I purchased a windows key and it says that it has already been used i was wondering if i...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I purchased a windows key and it says that it has already been used i was wondering if i...: I purchased a windows key and it says that it has already been used i was wondering if i could get a screen shot of the Ticket number, Time and date of the activation....
  3. I purchased a windows key and it says that it has already been used i was wondering if i...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I purchased a windows key and it says that it has already been used i was wondering if i...: I purchased a windows key and it says that it has already been used i was wondering if i could get a screen shot of the Ticket number, Time and date of the activation....
  4. I just wonder why Microsoft hates its customers. We've made Gates a multi-billionaire, why...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I just wonder why Microsoft hates its customers. We've made Gates a multi-billionaire, why...: Onedrive steals my files and puts them on the internet. If I try to get them back, it threatens to delete them from all my devices. It's not optional, I've tried to get rid of it, but it always comes back. I have a 512Gb SSD. I don't need your crappy 5Gb, but you steal my...
  5. I just wonder why Microsoft hates its customers. We've made Gates a multi-billionaire, why...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just wonder why Microsoft hates its customers. We've made Gates a multi-billionaire, why...: Onedrive steals my files and puts them on the internet. If I try to get them back, it threatens to delete them from all my devices. It's not optional, I've tried to get rid of it, but it always comes back. I have a 512Gb SSD. I don't need your crappy 5Gb, but you steal my...
  6. I just wonder why Microsoft hates its customers. We've made Gates a multi-billionaire, why...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. i wonder why my

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i wonder why my: i wonder why im losing gigabytes and not losing memory i still have my normal files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-wonder-why-my/ecfc31a2-3781-4315-99fe-be6eaffe2c82
  8. After I gave the product key, I can not Activate Windows 10 pro ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    After I gave the product key, I can not Activate Windows 10 pro ?: Hallo After i gave the product key ,i can not Activate Windows 10 pro ? * Moved from Bing * Original title: Activation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-i-gave-the-product-key-i-can-not-activate/00addb58-8a6f-4963-8d5c-25bdf0f63fd8"
  9. I wonder

in Windows 10 Customization
    I wonder: Why the setting in the computer can't open ? I have tried many times. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-wonder/f08286f7-200f-4bc1-9157-27a08b790b38
  10. Still no october update. I wonder why.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Still no october update. I wonder why.: Hi, I still haven't had the October 2018 update to bring my 1803 win10 version up to 1809. Is this a common situation, and are updates cumulative so if I don't get that one the next one will still work ok? Regards Steve...