Windows 10: I was working on a document and it disappeared. How to get it back?

Discus and support I was working on a document and it disappeared. How to get it back? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Word 2016. I was working on a document and it disappeared. How to get it back?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MichaelCampbell_2200, May 15, 2020.

1. I was working on a document and it disappeared. How to get it back?

Word 2016.

I was working on a document and it disappeared. How to get it back?

:)

MichaelCampbell_2200, May 15, 2020

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, May 15, 2020
  3. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, May 15, 2020
  4. curt jugg Win User

Files disappearing from my Documents folder

Yesterday I found that certain files had disappeared from my Documents folder. Some, but not all, of them had also disappeared from the back-up copies I keep in an external hard drive. I had made no changes to my computer and the files were there the day before.
    I did a normal System Restore but it failed, so I did a System Restore in Safe Mode and this was successful and all the files reappeared.
    Although I no longer have a problem, I am concerned that the same thing might happen again. Can anyone suggest what could have been the cause of the disappearance, please? Windows Defender has not shown up any viruses and I'm at a loss as to what could have happened. Grateful for any suggestions.

curt jugg, May 15, 2020
Thema:

1. I was working on a document and it disappeared. How to get it back? - Similar Threads - was working document

2. How to get documents deleted by Onedrive back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get documents deleted by Onedrive back: When I bought a new laptop a few months ago I didn’t realise that Onedrive installed in the background and caused the default save location to be itself. Soon, I ran out of onedrive space but kept saving files on my device with no problem and ignored the syncing error...
  3. How to get documents deleted by Onedrive back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get documents deleted by Onedrive back: When I bought a new laptop a few months ago I didn’t realise that Onedrive installed in the background and caused the default save location to be itself. Soon, I ran out of onedrive space but kept saving files on my device with no problem and ignored the syncing error...
  4. How can I get a file back after replacing it with a document

How can I get a file back after replacing it with a document: I saved a piece of work and replaced it with a document I didn’t want I want to be able to get the original document back. It’s on a different login but I can’t seem to login into it it was my college account which I don’t have access to anymore. Which is allowing me to use...
  5. How do i get back my documents shortcut?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i get back my documents shortcut?: Hi,The documents shortcut on my computer disappeared, How do i enable it back?What i am doing right now to access my files is going from C:/Users/username/DocumentsThe last time the documents folder appeared is when my onedrive was on....
  6. How do i get back my documents shortcut?

How do i get back my documents shortcut?: Hi,The documents shortcut on my computer disappeared, How do i enable it back?What i am doing right now to access my files is going from C:/Users/username/DocumentsThe last time the documents folder appeared is when my onedrive was on....
  7. My calendar disappeared. How do I get it back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My calendar disappeared. How do I get it back?: When I try to access my calendar it is not there, it is blank. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-calendar-disappeared-how-do-i-get-it-back/570c3366-78c5-489d-a972-09591043efeb
  8. My calendar disappeared. How do I get it back?

My calendar disappeared. How do I get it back?: When I try to access my calendar it is not there, it is blank. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-calendar-disappeared-how-do-i-get-it-back/570c3366-78c5-489d-a972-09591043efeb
  9. my documents have disappeared - how to get them back

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my documents have disappeared - how to get them back: After a brief down time for pc internet provider all my documents disappeared. how to fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-documents-have-disappeared-how-to-get-them-back/696c9a65-ab6b-4984-8f02-fa4bb1db9f20"
  10. windows DVD disappeared-how do I get it back?

windows DVD disappeared-how do I get it back?: dvd disappeared how do I get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-dvd-disappeared-how-do-i-get-it-back/6aa2f4ab-e86e-4c2a-87a1-97758923f47e