Windows 10: I went through a very rough experience [Insider 19564.1005]

Discus and support I went through a very rough experience [Insider 19564.1005] in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Immediately after installation, most of Windows pre-installed apps including but not limited to - File Explorer, Windows Settings, Search Bar, Feedback... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AadarshAshutosh, Feb 14, 2020.

1. I went through a very rough experience [Insider 19564.1005]

Immediately after installation, most of Windows pre-installed apps including but not limited to - File Explorer, Windows Settings, Search Bar, Feedback Hub etc... stopped taking input from keyboard - touch or physical. To file this into Feedback hub, I had to write in notepad, and thank god that it wasn't affected.

Plus the search bar went crazy with it's blank UI, not picking keystrokes.

This issue isn't permanent and solved itself with a reboot and this isn't restricted to this update, no. It happened once before too.

Feedback Hub has become a joke.

Right now I am facing another crisis where the search bar isn't showing/indexing results that are expected. Not all but many. For example searching paint shows Paint App, but searching Feedback Hub or Edge doesn't show the apps like they don't exist.

Plus why does searching for OneDrive still shows old icon, it is never updated maybe once, but old icon is back again.

Here is a screenshot I took of result of searching OneDrive in Search bar Also, I've two Onedrive apps UWP + Desktop, but results show only one

https://imgur.com/bLDs7T9

Searching for Edge I've Edge Stable, Edge Dev, Edge Canary

https://imgur.com/a/LcbycOb

Proof that I've those two apps Weirdly Snip and sketch takes wrong region when I tried taking screenshot of a window, It takesscreenshot of region of search bar instead of Start

https://imgur.com/a/W6gEhvR

I don't know how to tell you how frustrated I got, and went out of bounds to make this video recording of yesterday's disaster

https://youtu.be/SMroWiqttNI

:)

AadarshAshutosh, Feb 14, 2020
  2. Jay Jap Win User

Font is "rough looking" on 4K monitor

Hello Paul,

We need to do further investigation on your concern so that we will know why the graphics is rough:

• Have you recently made any change/updates prior to this issue?
    • Can you post a screenshot of the issue that you are experiencing?

In the meantime, I would suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps posted in this
    article, since it has some workarounds and other links that can possibly resolve the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Feb 14, 2020
  3. insider hub app

Hi Shreesh,

I suggest you to Perform the below steps and install the Insider Hub.

• Go to Settings, then System and then
      Apps & Features
    • Click on Manage Optional Features.
    • Click on Add a Feature.
    • Navigate the list, locate Insider Hub, and click
      install.
    Do let us know the update. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Pratiksha Devadiga, Feb 14, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

I went through a very rough experience [Insider 19564.1005]

Shared Experiences

Hi,

Shared Experiences allow you to start a task on one device and finish it on another, or easily set up a remote control or other companion apps on a smartphone. If you don’t want to use the feature, we suggest that you disable it. Kindly follow these steps
    below:

• Click
      Start.
    • Select
      Settings.
    • Click
      System.
    • Select the Shared experiences link on the left-hand side. Here you will see a switch that lets you toggle the Share across devices feature to the On or Off position.
    • Enable it then restart your computer.
    • Go again to Shared Experiences in Settings app, and disable it completely.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

I went through a very rough experience [Insider 19564.1005]

1. I went through a very rough experience [Insider 19564.1005] - Similar Threads - went through very

2. This is to convey a very frustrating experience of using Windows.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This is to convey a very frustrating experience of using Windows.: Since the very first computer I used starting Windows XP, it has been a great experience, great set of features and all the stuff. Until now with the launch of Windows 11.My dearest Microsoft, Please please please fix the issues you have with the damn Audio and Video drivers....
  3. This is to convey a very frustrating experience of using Windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This is to convey a very frustrating experience of using Windows.: Since the very first computer I used starting Windows XP, it has been a great experience, great set of features and all the stuff. Until now with the launch of Windows 11.My dearest Microsoft, Please please please fix the issues you have with the damn Audio and Video drivers....
  4. Headphone randomly went very loud.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphone randomly went very loud.: So, about last night I was on my pc watching a video on YouTube and working on schoolwork. Nothing was wrong at that time until my headphones randomly went very loud, I freaked out because that never happened before. I took my headphones off and unplugged it in a rush then I...
  5. Headphone randomly went very loud.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphone randomly went very loud.: So, about last night I was on my pc watching a video on YouTube and working on schoolwork. Nothing was wrong at that time until my headphones randomly went very loud, I freaked out because that never happened before. I took my headphones off and unplugged it in a rush then I...
  6. DCOM Error 1005

in Windows 10 Support
    DCOM Error 1005: Hi, Getting lots of errors :- DCOM got error "1115" attempting to start the service BITS with arguments "Unavailable" in order to run the server: {4991D34B-80A1-4291-83B6-3328366B9097}. Can't find out what is causing this. Checked in regedit but it only points to DCOM....
  7. My laptop has become suddenly very slow. I freed up space and went through all that but...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop has become suddenly very slow. I freed up space and went through all that but...: I have plenty of space and memory. I have the Intel I5 and this is the first time this has happened. no new programs, software or anything new at all in over a year. I do not know if Windows 10 updates has caused this but I'd like to resolve it quickly. I do not have time to...
  8. windows 10 creators update very laggy and rough feeling

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    windows 10 creators update very laggy and rough feeling: I just installed it this am, and already thinking I am regretting it. Why is it so sluggish? With the prior version of win10, it felt snappier. So what is the story here? What is the advantage? Is it that every upgrade, ms causes the system to run more poorly than...
  9. An improved add-in store experience inside Outlook

in Windows 10 News
    An improved add-in store experience inside Outlook: Outlook add-ins enable you to access apps and services you most commonly use - whether that's customer relationship management software, a work management service or a translator tool, right in email, so you can accomplish more, faster. Today we are announcing an improved...
  10. Roughly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Roughly: Can anyone please tell me roughly how long a clean install of Windows 10 will take. I did the upgrade a while ago but now wish to do a clean install and am wondering how long I am likely to be without my email whilst doing it. Many thanks. 34374