Windows 10: I when to task manager and stopped file explorer from running...

Discus and support I when to task manager and stopped file explorer from running... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I when to task manager and stopped file explorer from running... Can you guys help me?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JackTDS, Aug 12, 2019.

1. JackTDS Win User

I when to task manager and stopped file explorer from running...

I when to task manager and stopped file explorer from running... Can you guys help me?

:)

JackTDS, Aug 12, 2019

2. Blank window in File Explorer and Task Manager after installing Anniversary Update on Windows 10

Hi Lily,

Do let us know if you are able to see any error message/ error code while trying to access File Explorer and Task Manager?

[*]Let us try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.
    [*]
    Step 1: End the Windows Explorer process and create the new one.

• Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc, under Process
      tab, search for Windows Explorer.
    • Right click on it and click on End task.
    • Click on File in the Task Manager
      at top left corner of the window and select Run new task.
    • Type explorer.exe and click on Ok.

Step 2: Run SFC scan.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. If a
    Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Step 3: Run Memory Diagnostic Tool.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key and type
      Memory Diagnostic
    • Select Windows Memory Diagnostics
      and click on Restart now and check for problems.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of accessing File Explorer and Task Manager for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 12, 2019
  3. z10556 Win User
    Task Manager not running

I have added a new task to the ones already populated which I suppose were in Win7
    The new task or the present tasks are not running as there is no entry in the history or
    recently run file
    are there other steps necessary to get the new task manager to start up ?

z10556, Aug 12, 2019
  4. I when to task manager and stopped file explorer from running...

File Explorer stopped working,

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that the file explorer stops responding. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

This issue may arise when some of the Windows components or applications gets corrupted. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the explorer issue.

• Press Alt+ctr+Del from Desktop.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under process tab, locate Windows Explorer.
    • Right Click Windows Explorer and select End Task.
    • Now select on File tab and click Run Task.
    • Type explorer.exe and press ok.
    • Check if the issue persists.
    If the issue persists, I suggest you to
    perform SFC scan and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

System File Checker (SFC) is a utility in Microsoft Windows that allows users to scan for and restore corruptions in Windows system files. Perform System File Check (SFC), and then check if this fixes the issue.

• Press the Windows button + X on your keyboard, a mini dialogue box will appear.

2. Choose Command Prompt (Admin). You must run the command prompt in Administrator level.

3. On the command prompt type sfc /scannow and hit enter.

4. If everything went okay and no errors were found, restart your computer and see if the issue re-occurs.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

I when to task manager and stopped file explorer from running...

1. I when to task manager and stopped file explorer from running... - Similar Threads - task manager stopped

2. Ended file explorer in task manager..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ended file explorer in task manager..: Howdy! So, recently my computer was being slow and didn't think much of it so I went to task manager and saw there where a million things running with file explorer being one of the big ones. So without thinking about it I right clicked it and ended it.. Well, once I did this...
  3. Ended file explorer in task manager..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ended file explorer in task manager..: Howdy! So, recently my computer was being slow and didn't think much of it so I went to task manager and saw there where a million things running with file explorer being one of the big ones. So without thinking about it I right clicked it and ended it.. Well, once I did this...
  4. Explorer is missing from task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer is missing from task manager: Hi everyone,My laptop is running Windows 11 22H2. For some reason I don't see explorer in task manager. I tried restarting but it didn't work. There is a registery key named SeparateProcess in...
  5. Explorer is missing from task manager

Explorer is missing from task manager: Hi everyone,My laptop is running Windows 11 22H2. For some reason I don't see explorer in task manager. I tried restarting but it didn't work. There is a registery key named SeparateProcess in...
  6. No desktop, when I try to open explorer exe from task manager it says file not found.

No desktop, when I try to open explorer exe from task manager it says file not found.: Translation: explorer.exeFile not found.Check if the name of the file is correct and retry your attempt. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-desktop-when-i-try-to-open-explorer-exe-from/c308e5c2-f0f7-4d99-9d6f-232f4cc158ba
  7. No desktop, when I try to open explorer exe from task manager it says file not found.

in Windows 10 Customization
    No desktop, when I try to open explorer exe from task manager it says file not found.: Translation: explorer.exeFile not found.Check if the name of the file is correct and retry your attempt. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-desktop-when-i-try-to-open-explorer-exe-from/c308e5c2-f0f7-4d99-9d6f-232f4cc158ba
  8. Explorer missing from win10, can't run task manager

Explorer missing from win10, can't run task manager: I'm using windows 10, I opened task manager to end task explorer.exe but I accidentally clicked on "end process tree" now my desktop is gone and the taskbar menu too. I can't re-open task manager even with the shortcut ctrl+shift+esc . When I press power button on my laptop,...
  9. I went to task manager and stopped file explorer from running...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I went to task manager and stopped file explorer from running...: I when to task manager and stopped file explorer from running... Can you guys help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-went-to-task-manager-and-stopped-file-explorer/5ec890d6-8fbf-4ccb-b170-fd3c0327643e"
  10. How do I get stopped files in task manager to be running

How do I get stopped files in task manager to be running: I’ve noticed that a large number of my files in Task Manager under Services tab show Stopped instead of Running. I’ve right clicked and then clicked Start to set them on Running, but they just go back to Stopped. Is there any way to save what i want to change?...