Windows 10: I whipped my pc and it needs a activation key to start up

Discus and support I whipped my pc and it needs a activation key to start up in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So i fixed my computer after a few months of just sitting there I of course knew that was gonna be problems but I fix the majority of the system ones... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Gerosue, Dec 9, 2018.

1. Gerosue Win User

I whipped my pc and it needs a activation key to start up

So i fixed my computer after a few months of just sitting there I of course knew that was gonna be problems but I fix the majority of the system ones that I knew that need to be fixed everything code wise shouldve been good. When I started it up it said the boot file was missing, one of my friends who were good with electronics said that the morher board or the thing with the disk in it doesnt sound it look bad i might have a nastu virus so to bed safe i whipped my pc and reinstalled it vsa UBS to get even just boot but now it wants a activation code and i have none to use because my conputer had windowa ten preinstalled so i have a slight problom

:)

Gerosue, Dec 9, 2018
  2. Gerosue Win User

So i fixed my computer after a few months of just sitting there I of course knew that was gonna be problems but I fix the majority of the system ones that I knew that need to be fixed everything code wise shouldve been good. When I started it up it said
    the boot file was missing, one of my friends who were good with electronics said that the morher board or the thing with the disk in it doesnt sound it look bad i might have a nastu virus so to bed safe i whipped my pc and reinstalled it vsa UBS to get even
    just boot but now it wants a activation code and i have none to use because my conputer had windowa ten preinstalled so i have a slight problom

Gerosue, Jan 26, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User

Hi Gerosue

When you re-install Windows 10, it should just automatically activate. Activation problems after a re-install are generally because the incorrect Edition (Home, Pro . . .etc.) has been re-installed and that does not match the previous Edition that was installed
    on that PC

Open the Settings App (gear icon on your Start Menu)

Go to System - About

Does the reported Edition there match the previously installed Edition?

DaveM121, Jan 26, 2020
  4. I whipped my pc and it needs a activation key to start up

Lost Windows Key

Hi Saravanan,

I would suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

To start Product Activation:

• Go to Start, then select Settings, choose
      Update & security, and then select Activation.
    • If your device is not activated, the Activate by phone option will be available.
    Hope this information is helpful.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jan 26, 2020
Thema:

1. I whipped my pc and it needs a activation key to start up - Similar Threads - whipped needs activation

2. I need help activating my Windows Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I need help activating my Windows Key: I bought a Windows 7 Home windows key which I then updated to Windows 10 Home.I recently built a new computer and wish to use the same key, but it is not getting activated.I tried going through the troubleshooting guides, but it says: "Note: If running the troubleshooter...
  3. I need help activating my Windows Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help activating my Windows Key: I bought a Windows 7 Home windows key which I then updated to Windows 10 Home.I recently built a new computer and wish to use the same key, but it is not getting activated.I tried going through the troubleshooting guides, but it says: "Note: If running the troubleshooter...
  4. I need help activating my Windows Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I need that my activation key gets resent

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I need that my activation key gets resent: I recentsently had to fix my computer an it is asking for my activation code again. I cant find it and I have the order confirmation but cant find that anywhere....
  6. I NEED AN ACTIVATION KEY

I NEED AN ACTIVATION KEY: I NEED SOME ASSISTANCE MY WINDOWS HAS FAILED TO ACTIVATE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-an-activation-key/4724945d-56b0-4ecd-94ec-7559a0e1a658
  7. I need a key for activation

I need a key for activation: Split from this thread. Hi, my name is Neil, I'm an independent adviser and a Windows 10 user like you. This is how you add and select a new keyboard layout in Windows 10: Open Settings by clicking your Windows Start button and then the cog icon. Click on Time & Language....
  8. I need a activation key!

I need a activation key!: I need a activation key I had Windows 10 pro ago. I had a problem with that and I again installed Windows 10 education in my pc from a local computer shop. But my old version was activated but new one is not activated. What can I do to get a activation code?...
  9. I need my windows 10 active keys

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I need my windows 10 active keys: I need my windows 10 active keys * Original title: hi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-my-windows-10-active-keys/fac9b67d-1b6b-4004-b7fe-d0a1fe835004"
  10. I whipped and it needs a activation key to start up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I whipped and it needs a activation key to start up: So i fixed my computer after a few months of just sitting there I of course knew that was gonna be problems but I fix the majority of the system ones that I knew that need to be fixed everything code wise shouldve been good. When I started it up it said the boot file was...