Windows 10: I will be using Wsl for that reason i need to change the user name in C:\Users\Gitartha...

Discus and support I will be using Wsl for that reason i need to change the user name in C:\Users\Gitartha... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/gitarthak [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/gitarthak, Jul 2, 2020.

1. I will be using Wsl for that reason i need to change the user name in C:\Users\Gitartha...

/u/gitarthak, Jul 2, 2020
  2. DSD
    DSD Win User

Need help with changing name of user profile folder

I would like to change the name of the user profile folder. I have found and tried a few methods including one from Microsoft forums. None of them worked. I kept getting something about my User needing to sign out and back in again that there was a problem, so I would sign out and back in again and it didn't work. I think the reason is because Windows created a TEMP user and would log me in under that so there would be a folder named C/User/TEMP and still the original named folder of C/User/myuserfolder.

I found this on the forums here: Change Name of User Profile Folder in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

The instructions are very similar to what I have tried. In the above post John W used safe mode. Do I need to go through all the steps again as listed in the post and then go into safe mode, or can I just use safe mode to change the folder name?

Also, are there newer instructions for how to do this with updates to Windows since the above thread was posted over a year ago?

Thanks in advance.

3. I need to change or Rename the folder C:\Users\<name> to C:\Users\<Mywish> . I'm using Windows 10 Home

Please Give me the details to rename the users name in C drive to my wish. Currently I only have one user and I have admin privileges.

What steps I need to follow. ?

Akshaymekala, Jul 2, 2020
  4. I will be using Wsl for that reason i need to change the user name in C:\Users\Gitartha...

user name change

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you are facing some issues using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if that helps.

• Press Windows + X key.

• Click on control panel.

• Click on user accounts.

• Click on change your account name.
    Change the name as per your according and restart the computer.

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Mayank Gupta10, Jul 2, 2020
Thema:

I will be using Wsl for that reason i need to change the user name in C:\Users\Gitartha...

1. I will be using Wsl for that reason i need to change the user name in C:\Users\Gitartha... - Similar Threads - using Wsl reason

2. I want to change the user folder name in "C:\Users\".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to change the user folder name in "C:\Users\".: The name of the user folder is the first 5 characters of my email. I want to change that to my name. How can I do that?I am using my Microsoft account for Windows 11.This is disturbing my work as the command prompt also shows the user name, which is the first 5 characters of...
  3. I want to change the user folder name in "C:\Users\".

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to change the user folder name in "C:\Users\".: The name of the user folder is the first 5 characters of my email. I want to change that to my name. How can I do that?I am using my Microsoft account for Windows 11.This is disturbing my work as the command prompt also shows the user name, which is the first 5 characters of...
  4. I need to change the name of my User

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to change the name of my User: I need to change this address C:\Users\AðalheiðurIt has Icelandic letters in it that a program I have on my computer and use everyday can't work with. How can I change it without having to make a new User? I want to use the same one, but with a different name. I have tried...
  5. I need to change the name of my User

I need to change the name of my User: I need to change this address C:\Users\AðalheiðurIt has Icelandic letters in it that a program I have on my computer and use everyday can't work with. How can I change it without having to make a new User? I want to use the same one, but with a different name. I have tried...
  6. c:\Users\name change

c:\Users\name change: In my Users directory my name is a number, 19728, shown as C:\Users\19728. When I transfer files in other programs the number shows and I need it to be my name. How can I change this to be:C:\Users\Dennis ???Please let me know, Dennis...
  7. c:\Users\name change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    c:\Users\name change: In my Users directory my name is a number, 19728, shown as C:\Users\19728. When I transfer files in other programs the number shows and I need it to be my name. How can I change this to be:C:\Users\Dennis ???Please let me know, Dennis...
  8. Need to change c/Users name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need to change c/Users name: I noticed on my old laptop that my name in c/Users was incorrect. I tried many methods to change it, but it never worked. Now recently I've built a new PC with a brand new copy of Windows 10, and when I checked the users file, I realized it's using that same name from before....
  9. C/Users/*name* change

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    C/Users/*name* change: I got this new W10 computer and the guy that set it up for me put in 'owner' as the default name, it's what shows up when booting. If I change the name to something that I would rather have, does it affect all the things under the /User/owner/.... folders, so that some...
  10. I need to change or Rename the folder C:\Users\<name> to C:\Users\<Mywish> . I'm using...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I need to change or Rename the folder C:\Users\<name> to C:\Users\<Mywish> . I'm using...: Please Give me the details to rename the users name in C drive to my wish. Currently I only have one user and I have admin privileges. What steps I need to follow. ?...