Windows 10: I will never buy a windows machine again. screw your onedrive

Discus and support I will never buy a windows machine again. screw your onedrive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Imagine my surprise when I learn the acer windows laptop I bought, clearly stupidly in my old age buying old and outdated technology that has ALWAYS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by B_314, Jul 12, 2019.

1. B_314 Win User

I will never buy a windows machine again. screw your onedrive

Imagine my surprise when I learn the acer windows laptop I bought, clearly stupidly in my old age buying old and outdated technology that has ALWAYS been a joke (has any windows ever been better than the last?), to find out all my files - desktop, downloads, documents, pictures, are all defaulting to save to "onedrive" which obviously I did not expect as no windows machine has done this.

Even better is trying to extort me for my own files to pay for your service I never asked for.

Even better is that now I can't access at least half my freaking files, so I get to sit here, making new folders for my desktop, documents, downloads, and photos, and having to move them to my machine file by file since I get error messages on most of them, that I don't have access to my OWN DAMN FILES because they're on a cloud i NEVER WANTED TO USE.

If I wanted to deal with this bs, why didn't I just buy a chromebook?

Congratulations Microsoft, on managing to create a progressively worse operating system consistently over 20 years. That's quite a feat. Your welcome for the free advice as to why you're losing every customer. Should pay me for putting up with you for 20 years.

:)

B_314, Jul 12, 2019

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jul 12, 2019
  3. Freezer Win User
    Windows 10 - OneDrive

[/quote] Click to expand... Sorry, but I think you're confused and keep referring to Onedrive. There is a big difference between the consumer version of Onedrive business O365 version. I do not have the consumer version of Onedrive installed... it is Onedrive for Business. Also, this script is for "Onedrive" .... not Onedrive for Business. Thanks anyway.

OneDrive (for Business) built-in Windows 10 differences?

No thanks for providing a non-rant version. I ought to recruit about 20 million people and walk down to Microsoft headquarters and do them in. Tired of Microsoft forcing their childish development skills on the masses.

Freezer, Jul 12, 2019
  4. Freezer Win User

Windows 10 - OneDrive

This is Windows 10 Pro... Enterprise is an entirely different deal and I'm sure I won't have problems that route, but I'm not forking over more $ to dipshit developers. The only thing I can think of is un-linking my Office 365 accounts within Office, but that defeats the purpose of accessing the files ONLINE and managing them from there. I have two alumni accounts, not a single problem in Windows 7/8 until M$shit devs decided to integrate Onedrive. I've deleted, renamed, set read-only to "msosync.exe," ... but windows continues to add it again and again, and NOW I just noticed it's now linking to groove.exe, instead of onedrive. Sooo fn annoying!

Onedrive on Windows 10 is not an 'app' it is integrated. Plus I don't fool around with the Windows Store thoughtless developer child bullshit. Windows Store ought to be completely removed from the Windows platform all together. Also I do not intend to completely remove Onedrive, it defeats the purpose... the purpose is to REMOVE it from Windows Explorer navigation and startup.

Freezer, Jul 12, 2019
Thema:

1. I will never buy a windows machine again. screw your onedrive - Similar Threads - never buy machine

2. anyone alse who plegdes never to buy a windows laptop again?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    anyone alse who plegdes never to buy a windows laptop again?: After installing windows version whatever, trying to get rid of my frustrations with windows 10, I managed to get the feeling that the positive reviews of pcmag about being happy with the rounded corners covered the updates. As a user coming from Apple I must say that I do...
  3. anyone alse who plegdes never to buy a windows laptop again?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    anyone alse who plegdes never to buy a windows laptop again?: After installing windows version whatever, trying to get rid of my frustrations with windows 10, I managed to get the feeling that the positive reviews of pcmag about being happy with the rounded corners covered the updates. As a user coming from Apple I must say that I do...
  4. Update screwed Audacity ---AGAIN---

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update screwed Audacity ---AGAIN---: for the umpteenth time, windows 10 update SCREWED my ability to record audio by actually CHANGING MY PROGRAM!!!!!!!!! and now, I need to, for the umpteenth time, to record audio, ROLL BACK TO A PRIOR BUILD does anything UNDO what windows did without having to roll tis back?...
  5. I will never buy a Microsoft license key ever again

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I will never buy a Microsoft license key ever again: I bought a windows 10 pro retail license key a few months ago which i used in a virtual machine. My sister bought a new pc so i decided to give her my key since i practically wasnt using it. She failed to activate her windows 10 pro with it and when i booted up my VM i...
  6. Buying again

Buying again: Almost a year ago, I bought Minecraft on a mobile device, now I want to download it onto a laptop, it says I need to buy it again... How do I fix this? Do I need to buy it again? also is login live and a Minecraft account the same?...
  7. Will NEVER buy Microsoft again

in Windows 10 Customization
    Will NEVER buy Microsoft again: Given this '1500462686' after 5 weeks of Windows 10 upgrade. Says they cannot contact me is a cop-out. Have to tweak Winaero a lot to use this MS-BS 10 garbage--from fonts to scrollbars and more. Cost me another $60 in Hughes.net tokens to deal with your many rotten...
  8. Will I have to buy windows again?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Will I have to buy windows again?: I have a digital license for windows 10 and my hard drive died. Will the license still follow my Microsoft account or will I have to buy a new copy of windows? submitted by /u/thehamburger999 [link] [comments]...
  9. why i will never pay for windows again

why i will never pay for windows again: We have here a computer which runs a very complicate algorithm of aligning DNA sequences with enzymes to calculate possible candidates for an anti-cancer therapy for a particular genome. This morning were almost 2 weeks since it was running and still had some to go, however...
  10. Do i need to buy windows again?

in Windows 10 Support
    Do i need to buy windows again?: Hello guys so today i just changed my laptop's hard disk and the person who change my hard disk says that i need to buy windows again in order to receive windows 10 which im wondering if its true or not because i have an original windows before, so now i leave my laptop...