Windows 10: I wish I had save my money on this hp laptop.

Discus and support I wish I had save my money on this hp laptop. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I decided to buy a laptop to view streaming programs without understanding how limited Microsoft store apps would affect my usage. Anyone complaining... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DebiFlanigan, Feb 8, 2020.

1. I wish I had save my money on this hp laptop.

I decided to buy a laptop to view streaming programs without understanding how limited Microsoft store apps would affect my usage.

Anyone complaining about Apple software difficulties, I am guilty, beware Microsoft 10 software has me appreciate Apple and Google my one stop apps.

So disappointing my hp Pavillion is useless.

:)

DebiFlanigan, Feb 8, 2020
  2. ddelo Win User

Bloatware on new HP laptop

Being a loyal hp/Compaq customer since 2006, I have bought since then 9 laptops from them, for my family.
    I do the exact same thing with the proposed by @NavyLCDR process!
    Create a full image of the hp installation, just for peace of mind and clean install Windows and reinstall the drivers as proposed, although nowadays that's not necessary either, as Microsoft provides all necessary drivers upon installation.
    You might make an exception for the Intel RST and sound drivers. The first one after testing the best performing one for your system and the second, the best sounding one according to your tastes.
    Update the BIOS to the most recent one, proposed by hp and don't bother with its bloatware.
    As for HPSA, it won't do anything more than give you the same list you'll get with a simple visit to the hp support page for your PC.
    Save yourself the time and effort trying to decide what is worth keeping or not, from all the hp installed bloatware! *Smile

ddelo, Feb 8, 2020
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    Bloatware on new HP laptop

On every off-the-shelf retail computer I have ever purchased, I have done the following:
    1. Make a backup image of the HDD/SSD using Macrium Reflect, storing it on my NAS.
    2. Make a bootable USB flash drive of the latest Windows 10 available directly from Microsoft.
    3. Use DISM /export-driver command to save drivers to the USB flash drive created in step 2.
    4. Re-install Windows by booting from the flash drive created in Step 2, wiping the HDD/SSD in the process.
    5. Re-install any special drivers needed from those saved to the USB flash drive in step 3.

On the one HP laptop with a fingerprint reader I used to have, I did re-install the HP software for saving passwords which I downloaded from HP's support website so I could swipe my finger to enter website passwords.

NavyLCDR, Feb 8, 2020
  4. Zeeba# Win User

I wish I had save my money on this hp laptop.

My hp laptop wont turn on

This is a frequent problem am sure as you have already seen from online searches.

Flea power is usually the culprit here, basically its residual power that remains on the computer even after thecomputer has been shutdown. You can drain the flea power with the steps the other answers have suggested.

• Disconnecting the battery and adapter
    • Press the hardpress the power button for 30 seconds
    • This should clear the flea power

If this doesnt work, read this article its about
    a dell inspiron
    but the same applies for you hp. It has some detailed step by step instructions

Zeeba#, Feb 8, 2020
Thema:

I wish I had save my money on this hp laptop.

1. I wish I had save my money on this hp laptop. - Similar Threads - wish save money

2. Why am I getting Money Insight notifications even though I had money and financial...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I getting Money Insight notifications even though I had money and financial...: I've been constantly getting notifications for increasing or decreasing stock prices even though I'm not interested money or the stock market. So I had notifications for finance turned off, yet I'm still getting these notifications anyway. How am I still getting them?...
  3. Why am I getting Money Insight notifications even though I had money and financial...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why am I getting Money Insight notifications even though I had money and financial...: I've been constantly getting notifications for increasing or decreasing stock prices even though I'm not interested money or the stock market. So I had notifications for finance turned off, yet I'm still getting these notifications anyway. How am I still getting them?...
  4. Hey I had windows 10 21h1 install on my hp laptop but it had some corrupted files in it. So...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hey I had windows 10 21h1 install on my hp laptop but it had some corrupted files in it. So...: How can I install windows 10 21h1 pro 64 bit on my hp with iso file.I need the link to download the iso file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hey-i-had-windows-10-21h1-install-on-my-hp-laptop/cbf0864a-f675-45d0-aa14-95e7c1af0a92
  5. Hey I had windows 10 21h1 install on my hp laptop but it had some corrupted files in it. So...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hey I had windows 10 21h1 install on my hp laptop but it had some corrupted files in it. So...: How can I install windows 10 21h1 pro 64 bit on my hp with iso file.I need the link to download the iso file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hey-i-had-windows-10-21h1-install-on-my-hp-laptop/cbf0864a-f675-45d0-aa14-95e7c1af0a92
  6. I have an HP laptop and I had to buy an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have an HP laptop and I had to buy an external hard drive: USB3.1 was required, which I believe I have - so why, when I try to use it, do I get an error message?? The whole reason for my buying the external hard drive was to free up space - so what to do - I am absolutely disgusted!...
  7. How can I save my MONEY watchlist

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I save my MONEY watchlist: How can I save my MONEY watchlist https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-save-my-money-watchlist/2ff7a4c0-5a99-4a2b-9034-a9d6688a5a18
  8. I wish to save files on my laptop’s local solid-state drive. These files should...

I wish to save files on my laptop’s local solid-state drive. These files should...: I am the only user on this PC. After I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10, I find that following folders are empty zero bytes: C:\Users\Umesh\Documents C:\Users\Umesh\Desktop C:\Users\Umesh\Pictures The following folders have total data of 300 GB:...
  9. I DOWNLOADED ONE DRIVE AFTER A RECENT UPDATE. HOW I WISH I HAD NOT!! I

I DOWNLOADED ONE DRIVE AFTER A RECENT UPDATE. HOW I WISH I HAD NOT!! I: Hi, As mentioned I unfortunately download One Drive after a recent update. It seemed to take ages in downloading my Picture Files so I stopped it, and turned it off, as I was closing down for the night. Next thing I realized all my pictures had been removed from my Albums. I...
  10. I wish to save my pictures

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    I wish to save my pictures: I have problems with my Dell which I believe can be solved only by wiping and re install. or so Dell tells me Is there a way a stupid man can download his pics to a disc or whatever and reinstall later? I have pictures in Pictures Fotoroom Downloads and Canon whatever....