Windows 10: I wish to upgrade to win 10.

Discus and support I wish to upgrade to win 10. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Split from this thread. Not sure if I'm in the right place. I wish to upgrade to win 10. I only have 5gb of space on my ssd. If I do have enough... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by alggomas, Jan 16, 2020.

1. alggomas Win User

I wish to upgrade to win 10.

Split from this thread.​

Not sure if I'm in the right place.

I only have 5gb of space on my ssd.

If I do have enough space can I afterwards delete all win 7 to give more space please?

:)

alggomas, Jan 16, 2020
  2. lse123 Win User

is hardware OK (Win 7) for upgrade to windows 10

I think in one of the other PC with win 7 or win 8.1 I run media creators tools and in some step prompt/found graphics card not supported... for win 10. I didn't found alone reading specs of win 10, but the tool says me... after changed graphics card the tool said all OK and continued OK with upgrade... That I ask to reach this step in this current PC - win 7 - must be all OK for the upgrade? Or must continue to upgrade to show this?
    and got to point

• UPGRADE this PC now
    • Create media(DVD, USB stick, ISO)
    is hardware OK (Win 7) for an upgrade to windows 10 for this PC???

lse123, Jan 16, 2020
  3. n2bn2b Win User
    Recommend hardware changes for upgrading from Win-7 to Win-10

Bree
    I followed your suggestions (2nd Aug 19) for installing Win-10. Made the bootable flash drive successfully through the media creation tool. But when I attempted to upgrade and activate to Win-10 (64 bit) from within Win-7 (Pro-32 bit), I got the following error message:

Error # OxC1900101-Ox20017. " The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during BOOT operation"

I read the diagnostics under this error number and carried out the proposed fixes, i.e. update Win-7, uninstall Malwarebyte antivirus, disconnect all external hardware, e.g. printer, scanner, external hard drives. I then tried to repeat the steps to do the upgrade through the Win-10 bootable flash drive as before. Got the same error message.
    Appreciate any further comments and suggestions as to (a) what does a failure in the SAFE_OS during boot operation mean, (b) what can I do to solve it. Is this anything to do with the hardware in my computer? I listed these in my first posting above.
    Thanks for any help

n2bn2b, Jan 16, 2020
  4. I wish to upgrade to win 10.

is hardware OK (Win 7) for upgrade to windows 10

I think in one of the other PC with win 7 or win 8.1 I run media creators tools and in some step prompt/found graphics card not supported... for win 10. I didn't found alone reading specs of win 10, but
    the tool says me... after changed graphics card the tool says all ok and continued ok... That I ask to reach this step in this current PC - win 7 - must be all ok for the upgrade? Or must continue to upgrade to show this?

and got to point

• UPGRADE this PC now
    • Create media(DVD, USB stick, ISO)

is hardware OK (Win 7) for an upgrade to windows 10 for this PC???

Lse123polis, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

1. I wish to upgrade to win 10. - Similar Threads - wish upgrade

2. Windows 10: Wish to delete user account and create it again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10: Wish to delete user account and create it again: I have set up a new Windows 10 Pro PC with several user accounts. I entered the password on one account incorrectly when I created the user account. Now I don't remember it. Is it possible to completely delete the user account, then re-create another one using the same name?...
  3. I have just upgraded from win 10 to 11, I now wish to upgrade my existing m2 SSD any help...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have just upgraded from win 10 to 11, I now wish to upgrade my existing m2 SSD any help...: I have just upgraded to win 11 pro from win 10 pro my boot drive is an and m2 ssd 250gb. I have just bought a faster 1tb m2 ssd . I tried to use the "How do I reinstall windows 11 to my newly added SSD without cloning " method using a usb.The option to reinstall win 10...
  4. I have just upgraded from win 10 to 11, I now wish to upgrade my existing m2 SSD any help...

I have just upgraded from win 10 to 11, I now wish to upgrade my existing m2 SSD any help...: I have just upgraded to win 11 pro from win 10 pro my boot drive is an and m2 ssd 250gb. I have just bought a faster 1tb m2 ssd . I tried to use the "How do I reinstall windows 11 to my newly added SSD without cloning " method using a usb.The option to reinstall win 10...
  5. I have windows 10 Home and wish to update/upgrade to windows 11 pro, where do I begin?

I have windows 10 Home and wish to update/upgrade to windows 11 pro, where do I begin?: I have windows 10 Home and wish to update/upgrade to windows 11 pro, where do I begin? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-windows-10-home-and-wish-to-updateupgrade/2c07471d-1c74-4187-bd09-a1deb8180e20
  6. I have windows 10 Home and wish to update/upgrade to windows 11 pro, where do I begin?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have windows 10 Home and wish to update/upgrade to windows 11 pro, where do I begin?: I have windows 10 Home and wish to update/upgrade to windows 11 pro, where do I begin? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-windows-10-home-and-wish-to-updateupgrade/2c07471d-1c74-4187-bd09-a1deb8180e20
  7. I have windows 10 Home and wish to update/upgrade to windows 11 pro, where do I begin?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Win 10 pro. I wish to upgrade from 32 bit to 64 bit

Win 10 pro. I wish to upgrade from 32 bit to 64 bit: My HP Elitebook 8440p. I wish to upgrade from 32 bit win 10 pro to the 64 bit version to utilise extra memory just fitted.This OS was originally upgraded via Win 8.1.Hardware is suitable and I am signed on as Admin. I have downloaded the media creation tool from Microsoft Win...
  9. I've win 10 pre-installed on a lenovo ideapad 330s on an HDD drive that I wish to upgrade...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I've win 10 pre-installed on a lenovo ideapad 330s on an HDD drive that I wish to upgrade...: I've win 10 pre-installed on a lenovo ideapad 330s on an HDD drive that I wish to upgrade to 256gb PCIE SSD. How to retain my original windows license on the new SSD? Kindly provide with a solution ASAP!...
  10. Wishing to upgrade from 1809 to 1903

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wishing to upgrade from 1809 to 1903: So as in title I'm on windows 1809 right now and wish to use the xbox game pass feature this means updating my windows to 1903. However, when i go to settings -> check for updates, it says my system is up to date (which is wrong). Have restarted multiple times and used the...