Windows 10: I wonder why the OneDrive file available for pinning on the desktop is the OneDrive web...

Discus and support I wonder why the OneDrive file available for pinning on the desktop is the OneDrive web... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Because I thought that OneDrive already resolved the instances when you’re offline by allowing files to be saved on this PC and will only be uploaded... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PianSa, Nov 17, 2018.

1. PianSa Win User

I wonder why the OneDrive file available for pinning on the desktop is the OneDrive web...

Because I thought that OneDrive already resolved the instances when you’re offline by allowing files to be saved on this PC and will only be uploaded later on the OneDrive website as soon as you get online and the file is saved on your OneDrive directory.

But I don’t know what happened now because when I was redoing it again after my PC was repaired, that all of a sudden the OneDrive file available for pinning on the desktop is the OneDrive web address and not the OneDrive file address on this PC! Why is that?

Here is an illustration of what I'm talking about. That I am unable to edit the 'pinned' file when I'm offline since the pinned file is the OneDrive website and not the OneDrive file on this PC. I wonder why the OneDrive file available for pinning on the desktop is the OneDrive web... f8d1b6ac-e256-4040-b2e3-404aa67a0f08?upload=true.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

:)

PianSa, Nov 17, 2018

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Nov 17, 2018
  3. Freezer Win User
    Windows 10 - OneDrive

[/quote] Click to expand... Sorry, but I think you're confused and keep referring to Onedrive. There is a big difference between the consumer version of Onedrive business O365 version. I do not have the consumer version of Onedrive installed... it is Onedrive for Business. Also, this script is for "Onedrive" .... not Onedrive for Business. Thanks anyway.

OneDrive (for Business) built-in Windows 10 differences?

No thanks for providing a non-rant version. I ought to recruit about 20 million people and walk down to Microsoft headquarters and do them in. Tired of Microsoft forcing their childish development skills on the masses.

Freezer, Nov 17, 2018
  4. P4-630 Win User

I wonder why the OneDrive file available for pinning on the desktop is the OneDrive web...

OneDrive Placeholders are coming back, now called On-Demand Sync

I wonder why the OneDrive file available for pinning on the desktop is the OneDrive web... [​IMG]

"At Ignite 2016, Microsoft has just announced that it is bringing Placeholders back to OneDrive on Windows 10. Now, they are not called Placeholders anymore — Microsoft is renaming the feature to “On-Demand Sync” which makes a lot more sense than “Placeholders”.

The company demoed this feature at Microsoft Ignite today, and it works just like it used to previously. As you can see in the screenshot above, the files stored in OneDrive weighed in around 9GB, but the actual size on disk was only around 3MB which is really neat. Of course, this feature isn’t anything new as it was available back in the Windows 8 days. However, Microsoft removed the feature with Windows 10, and after lots of waiting, they are finally coming back.

In case you are not familiar with OneDrive Placeholders, it’s a pretty neat feature which lets you see all of your OneDrive files on your computer — but they are not actually downloaded on your PC. When you open them, OneDrive will download the files on-demand, saving your local space which is really useful, especially if you have a PC that doesn’t have a lot of storage.

While Microsoft didn’t announce when exactly On-Demand Sync will be available to OneDrive users, we suspect it will be available with Windows 10 Redstone 2 — which is expected to arrive early next year.
    "

https://mspoweruser.com/onedrive-placeholders-coming-back-now-called-demand-sync/

P4-630, Nov 17, 2018
Thema:

1. I wonder why the OneDrive file available for pinning on the desktop is the OneDrive web... - Similar Threads - wonder why OneDrive

2. Desktop full of OneDrive Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop full of OneDrive Files: I just wanted to draw attention to another post which is closed that solved my problem... How to separate Desktop folder from Onedrive Folder? - Microsoft CommunityI stupidly moved the default folder for 'saving' and then found at the next reboot that my Desktop was full of...
  3. syncronizing local OneDrive and Web OneDrive

syncronizing local OneDrive and Web OneDrive: I have local OneDrive storage as well as OneDrive online storage. I would like to implement a storage data synchronization mechanism as follows: - initially I create a file and save it to local storage, - then it is automatically cloned/duplicated to network storage, - when a...
  4. syncronizing local OneDrive and Web OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    syncronizing local OneDrive and Web OneDrive: I have local OneDrive storage as well as OneDrive online storage. I would like to implement a storage data synchronization mechanism as follows: - initially I create a file and save it to local storage, - then it is automatically cloned/duplicated to network storage, - when a...
  5. syncronizing local OneDrive and Web OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Why is a file in OneDrive on the web available in my local PC even though I uninstalled...

Why is a file in OneDrive on the web available in my local PC even though I uninstalled...: I uninstalled OneDrive from my PC and only access it online. A couple of days ago, I logged into OneDrive online and edited an Excel file. I just noticed that the same file appears in my local Excel 2021, in the list of files under the "File" menu. The file has a link to an...
  7. Why is a file in OneDrive on the web available in my local PC even though I uninstalled...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is a file in OneDrive on the web available in my local PC even though I uninstalled...: I uninstalled OneDrive from my PC and only access it online. A couple of days ago, I logged into OneDrive online and edited an Excel file. I just noticed that the same file appears in my local Excel 2021, in the list of files under the "File" menu. The file has a link to an...
  8. Why is a file in OneDrive on the web available in my local PC even though I uninstalled...

9. Why are my desktop files located in a onedrive folder?

Why are my desktop files located in a onedrive folder?: When I right click on my files on the desktop, and look at the properties, the location isn't C:\Users\username\Desktop but C:\Users\username\OneDrive\Desktop.In the left pane inside Windows Explorer, clicking on This PC and then the Desktop link right below it, gives the...
  10. OneDrive on PC different to OneDrive on web

OneDrive on PC different to OneDrive on web: On my PC in the 'Quick Access' I have a OnDrive icon and if I click on that it shows copies of all my files and folders that I sync.If I sign in on the Web, I can see my computer lister under my devices, but when I check the folders in OneDrive they are not in sync, so I'm...