Windows 10: I would have to minimize the window and adjust the volume on the task bar

Discus and support I would have to minimize the window and adjust the volume on the task bar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Good morning! Yesterday, on my second monitor, I was able to go into full screen mode while watching Netflix with the task bar out of sight. When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gmoney73, Nov 1, 2019.

1. gmoney73 Win User

I would have to minimize the window and adjust the volume on the task bar

Good morning!

Yesterday, on my second monitor, I was able to go into full screen mode while watching Netflix with the task bar out of sight. When I needed to adjust the volume a little higher than the Netflix volume, I would have to minimize the window and adjust the volume on the task bar (all of this while the laptop lid is closed). Now, when I have Netflix on full screen mode, the task bar in showing (while the lid is closed). I didn't change any settings. As a matter of fact, ever since I got this new computer I haven't changed anything, and the full screen mode has been just fine on the second monitor until today.

I've looked online for answers and had found some different settings that didn't change anything. I have it on auto hide right now and when it's full screen it does auto hide. But as soon as i close the lid to the laptop the auto hide function doesn't work and it's open at the bottom of the screen. I'm using windows 10 and it's up to date.

:)

gmoney73, Nov 1, 2019
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Nov 1, 2019
  3. how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Nov 1, 2019
  4. I would have to minimize the window and adjust the volume on the task bar

Taskbar Issue with Multiple Monitors

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

Please share the information below:

• Are you using a Local Account or a Microsoft Account?
    • What is the make and model of your PC?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Taskbar and select Properties.
    • Check if the option for Lock the Taskbar and Auto-hide the taskbar
      are ticked.
    • If they are ticked then uncheck the option for Auto-hide the taskbar.

Also, suggest you to update the Display driver by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 1, 2019
Thema:

I would have to minimize the window and adjust the volume on the task bar

1. I would have to minimize the window and adjust the volume on the task bar - Similar Threads - minimize window adjust

2. volume control on task bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    volume control on task bar: The volume control icon on my wife side of the shared desktop will no longer work when it did before. We are currently on Windows 10. I've noticed that with each Windows migration that the older systems are affected by various "updates". I would like to restore her control of...
  3. volume control on task bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    volume control on task bar: The volume control icon on my wife side of the shared desktop will no longer work when it did before. We are currently on Windows 10. I've noticed that with each Windows migration that the older systems are affected by various "updates". I would like to restore her control of...
  4. volume control on task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Adjust Task Bar on One Screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Adjust Task Bar on One Screen: Hello, For work I have a laptop and two monitors. About a year ago, I raised the task bar on my left monitor (my laptop sits in front of it, so moving the task bar up makes sure nothing is sitting behind my laptop screen). This worked well for a year, I never had to adjust...
  6. Volume Control on task bar

Volume Control on task bar: Then volume icon in my task bar is inoperative. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-control-on-task-bar/63d959a8-37e8-445e-bee0-096dda4bdc50
  7. Task Bar Sizes non adjustable windows 10

Task Bar Sizes non adjustable windows 10: Task Bar Sizes non adjustable windows 10 this includes texts and Icons Very Small. Help contents non ledge able https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-sizes-non-adjustable-windows-10/68e35212-3ec3-48df-8b90-fc96a65636f8
  8. Volume Icon on Task Bar is gone!

Volume Icon on Task Bar is gone!: The Volume icon on the task bar has disappeared. I cannot changed the volume! There is an ^ symbol now and that gives a box with a number of items I never use. How do I get the Volume icon back!!?...
  9. I want volume control on task bar for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I want volume control on task bar for Windows 10: How do I get volume control to show on task bar in Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-volume-control-on-task-bar-for-windows-10/969cdea0-c76b-4e68-aace-8977a084aaba
  10. Volume adjustment

Volume adjustment: Volume adjustment low during video playback https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/volume-adjustment/01b4e1d8-bf79-40f2-8fc5-863b8063706c