Windows 10: I would have to minimize the window and adjust the volume on the task bar

Discus and support I would have to minimize the window and adjust the volume on the task bar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Good morning! Yesterday, on my second monitor, I was able to go into full screen mode while watching Netflix with the task bar out of sight. When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gmoney73, Nov 1, 2019.

1. gmoney73 Win User

I would have to minimize the window and adjust the volume on the task bar

Good morning!

Yesterday, on my second monitor, I was able to go into full screen mode while watching Netflix with the task bar out of sight. When I needed to adjust the volume a little higher than the Netflix volume, I would have to minimize the window and adjust the volume on the task bar (all of this while the laptop lid is closed). Now, when I have Netflix on full screen mode, the task bar in showing (while the lid is closed). I didn't change any settings. As a matter of fact, ever since I got this new computer I haven't changed anything, and the full screen mode has been just fine on the second monitor until today.

I've looked online for answers and had found some different settings that didn't change anything. I have it on auto hide right now and when it's full screen it does auto hide. But as soon as i close the lid to the laptop the auto hide function doesn't work and it's open at the bottom of the screen. I'm using windows 10 and it's up to date.

:)

gmoney73, Nov 1, 2019
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Nov 1, 2019
  3. how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Nov 1, 2019
  4. I would have to minimize the window and adjust the volume on the task bar

Taskbar Issue with Multiple Monitors

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

Please share the information below:

• Are you using a Local Account or a Microsoft Account?
    • What is the make and model of your PC?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Taskbar and select Properties.
    • Check if the option for Lock the Taskbar and Auto-hide the taskbar
      are ticked.
    • If they are ticked then uncheck the option for Auto-hide the taskbar.

Also, suggest you to update the Display driver by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 1, 2019
Thema:

I would have to minimize the window and adjust the volume on the task bar

1. I would have to minimize the window and adjust the volume on the task bar - Similar Threads - minimize window adjust

2. How do I disable the pause bar that appears when I adjust the volume?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I disable the pause bar that appears when I adjust the volume?: My laptop crashed today, and upon rebooting an annoying new feature wormed its way into my experience. When I adjust the volume with the FN + arrow keys, a popup appears with a pause/skip button. I'm okay with the volume bar, but I really want to get rid of that second black...
  3. When adjusting the volume, the volume bar shows up along with a block of information of...

in Windows 10 Customization
    When adjusting the volume, the volume bar shows up along with a block of information of...: My main problem is that when I adjust my sound, I only want the volume bar to show up without the block of information next to it. Is there any way to do this? I've looked through the windows settings but still haven't found the option to get rid of it (if there is one)....
  4. I want volume control on task bar for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I want volume control on task bar for Windows 10: How do I get volume control to show on task bar in Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-volume-control-on-task-bar-for-windows-10/969cdea0-c76b-4e68-aace-8977a084aaba
  5. how to adjust same app location in task bar?

how to adjust same app location in task bar?: [ATTACH] For example,i want to switch places for 1 and 3 in the picture.i can only adjust the location for them together. i have tried to set in taskbar setting,but no use. how to adjust location of the same app? thanks for answer....
  6. Game bar and adjusting volume freezes my games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game bar and adjusting volume freezes my games: Hi I have an issue where while playing games if i use game bar or adjust my volume my fps drops to 0 and freezes for a couple of seconds. Also my mouse cursor disappears then reappear when i pause any game. I been dealing with this for a couple of weeks now. I dont have any...
  7. Cannot turn-on volume icon in task bar.

Cannot turn-on volume icon in task bar.: The colume icon disappeared and I can not turn on the volume icon in task bar. When I going to "Taskbar settings->Turn system icons on or off", it shows the volume icon has been set as "on". But, if I choose to turn it ("Volume") off, the network icon disappear. Also, If I...
  8. Windows 10 Volume adjust

Windows 10 Volume adjust: Hi Guys, Can I somehow turn off this Volume Adjust because every time I am in game and I hit the knob for the volume on my keyboard the FPS in game drop dramatically Thanks[ATTACH]...
  9. Volume adjustment

Volume adjustment: Volume adjustment low during video playback https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/volume-adjustment/01b4e1d8-bf79-40f2-8fc5-863b8063706c
  10. Problem with Volume Control in task bar windows 10.

Problem with Volume Control in task bar windows 10.: Hi There, I was having a problem with volume control in task bar would not open, so I went on YouTube to find the answer which I think I had, which basically said restart Window Explorer which I did and the volume control popped up so I did think problem solved. BUT well...