Windows 10: I would like to buy & install a new copy of Windows 10 Home on a laptop I am giving to my...

Discus and support I would like to buy & install a new copy of Windows 10 Home on a laptop I am giving to my... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I removed the laptop from Devices in my Microsoft account. I then installed Windows 10 Home from a USB key. When I look at activation on the laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by SteveWoods9, Dec 4, 2019.

1. I would like to buy & install a new copy of Windows 10 Home on a laptop I am giving to my...

I removed the laptop from Devices in my Microsoft account. I then installed Windows 10 Home from a USB key.

When I look at activation on the laptop it says "Windows is activated with a digital license" & then it's suggesting that I link it to my account. I've read lots of articles & I realize that this is what is supposed to happen but it's not what I really wanted.

What I wanted & I thought I could do was:

1. Unlink the laptop from my account

2, Install Windows 10 Home from a USB key

3. Buy a license online & activate it - but not to my account. I'd have my son create an account (or I would create it for him) & link it to his account.

Or do I have to leave it linked to my account?

I'm open to suggestions for the best way to do this.

I also have another laptop (OEM) that my son just bought for my granddaughter so I assume I will have the same sort of issue as above.

Thanks in advance

Regards...Steve

:)

SteveWoods9, Dec 4, 2019
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Dec 4, 2019
  3. r.h.p Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Dec 4, 2019
  4. I would like to buy & install a new copy of Windows 10 Home on a laptop I am giving to my...

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 4, 2019
Thema:

I would like to buy & install a new copy of Windows 10 Home on a laptop I am giving to my...

1. I would like to buy & install a new copy of Windows 10 Home on a laptop I am giving to my... - Similar Threads - buy install copy

2. I and I am sure others would like Microsoft to rethink their plan to force people to buy...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I and I am sure others would like Microsoft to rethink their plan to force people to buy...: I am am sure others would like Microsoft to rethink their plan to force people to buy new computers to run Windows 11! This is arrogance on their part. How about allowing people to upgrade to Windows 11 while having a seemingly perfectly working expensive computers running...
  3. I am about to buy a new laptop. I would like to know what specification will be adequate to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am about to buy a new laptop. I would like to know what specification will be adequate to...: I am about to buy a new laptop. I would like to know what specification will be adequate to run Windows 11 for, say, the next 3 years. I'm not interested in the minimum spec to run Windows 11. I'd like to know what will be adequate for the next few years. I'm an average sort...
  4. I am about to buy a new laptop. I would like to know what specification will be adequate to...

I am about to buy a new laptop. I would like to know what specification will be adequate to...: I am about to buy a new laptop. I would like to know what specification will be adequate to run Windows 11 for, say, the next 3 years. I'm not interested in the minimum spec to run Windows 11. I'd like to know what will be adequate for the next few years. I'm an average sort...
  5. My laptop lost windows, would I need to buy windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My laptop lost windows, would I need to buy windows: Hello,I recently tried to reinstall windows after an error relating to my laptop keep bluescreening on me, I leave my laptop alone for a few hours, and come back to find I need to install windows from a boot device, which is fine, But a New copy of windows can be about 100$...
  6. My laptop lost windows, would I need to buy windows

My laptop lost windows, would I need to buy windows: Hello,I recently tried to reinstall windows after an error relating to my laptop keep bluescreening on me, I leave my laptop alone for a few hours, and come back to find I need to install windows from a boot device, which is fine, But a New copy of windows can be about 100$ a...
  7. I would like install windows 10 on my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I would like install windows 10 on my PC: Split from this thread.I would like install windows 10 on my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-would-like-install-windows-10-on-my-pc/3dbb571c-c837-41a2-90df-6e62b1baa971
  8. I would like install windows 10 on my PC

I would like install windows 10 on my PC: Split from this thread.I would like install windows 10 on my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-would-like-install-windows-10-on-my-pc/3dbb571c-c837-41a2-90df-6e62b1baa971
  9. I would like install windows 10 on my PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. I would like to install Windows11

in Windows 10 Customization
    I would like to install Windows11: How do I install Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-would-like-to-install-windows11/22cff33d-5468-4cfd-a05a-a2b4246e2c9d