Windows 10: I would like to change my OS language fully

Discus and support I would like to change my OS language fully in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How/Where can i start? I got Language packs, and My OS is up to dayt :D... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ÖrsSzalai, Dec 22, 2018.

1. I would like to change my OS language fully

How/Where can i start? I got Language packs, and My OS is up to dayt I would like to change my OS language fully :D

:)

ÖrsSzalai, Dec 22, 2018
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Dec 22, 2018
  3. I am unable to change the OS language on my Windows 10 home edition

Hello,

I have a windows 10 home edition system and Originally i bought the machine in the Netherlands. I was able to change the OS language back then without any hustle, and it was running with the English (US) language. However recently after the OS updated to
    the latest windows version, the default language changed back to Dutch and i am unable to change it to English(US). I have tried the steps suggested in this forum even to the point of changing the override advance setting in the control panel, but the problem
    persists. Another may problem is since the system is currently running with Dutch i can not fully maneuver within the system to make the necessary changes.

Kindly, could you provide me with some suggestion that will correct my OS setting easily? considering the language limitation i am facing already with the current language settings. Thank you for your assistance.

sabeteshiminassie, Dec 22, 2018
  4. I would like to change my OS language fully

unable to change the language of UI

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

To assist you better I would like to know, what was the base language for your previous Operating system?

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Remove the Existing language.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on the Option adjacent to the
      Existing language.

• Click on remove under input method.
    Step 2: Add English Language.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on Add language.

• Add the English language from the given list.

If you want a language pack:

You may refer to the suggestions posted by Andre Da Costa on the following thread.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...-edition/930628cd-18a0-4a21-8270-284584397495

Hope this information was helpful.

Sahil Bali, Dec 22, 2018
Thema:

I would like to change my OS language fully

1. I would like to change my OS language fully - Similar Threads - change language fully

2. I would like to to disable the keyboard language shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I would like to to disable the keyboard language shortcut: Hello, for me is a big trouble because it happens like every 10-20 min that i need to press the combination keys of WindowsKey+SPACE or ALT+SHIFT , the second is my principal problem, so I've searched about how to disable the function of change lenguage of the keyboard to...
  3. I would like to to disable the keyboard language shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I would like to to disable the keyboard language shortcut: Hello, for me is a big trouble because it happens like every 10-20 min that i need to press the combination keys of WindowsKey+SPACE or ALT+SHIFT , the second is my principal problem, so I've searched about how to disable the function of change lenguage of the keyboard to...
  4. Windows 10 not changing language fully.

Windows 10 not changing language fully.: Hey!I wanted to change my windows 10 display language to English US but some components are still in Dutch, such as the start-menu, the search thingy and the settings app.Does anyone know how to fix this? I have restarted the system multiple times with no succes so far. +...
  5. System language not fully changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System language not fully changing: Dear community,I am using Win10 and have changed language settings in Settings -> Regional, as well as -> Language -> Windows Display Language and Region -> Administrative language settings from English to to Germany German. I even deleted all other Preferred Languages beyond...
  6. System language not fully changing

System language not fully changing: Dear community,I am using Win10 and have changed language settings in Settings -> Regional, as well as -> Language -> Windows Display Language and Region -> Administrative language settings from English to to Germany German. I even deleted all other Preferred Languages beyond...
  7. System language not fully changing

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. I set my Windows to a language I don't fully grasp, and would like some questions about the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I set my Windows to a language I don't fully grasp, and would like some questions about the...: So I'm trying to learn Korean, and I've set my Windows to Korean to help practice. However... I just got prompted for an update restart, so I did. When I got back into the login screen I was greeted by this blue window, wizard type of thing. That asked me things that I...
  9. OS language changed

in Windows 10 Customization
    OS language changed: I downloaded the Hebrew language to be able to type in Hebrew and now my OS is in Hebrew. How do I get it back to English? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/os-language-changed/d8184045-5acc-4a87-93b4-ccc12e43e9c9
  10. changing OS language

in Windows 10 Support
    changing OS language: Hi all, i have "windows 10 home single language". my goal is to change the OS language to Turkish. how to do that? Moreover, i am using swedish keyboard, when i change my OS language to Turkish, it will not affect the swedish keyboard, right? 61324