Windows 10: I would like to change the name in the Microsoft Store Review

Discus and support I would like to change the name in the Microsoft Store Review in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just learnt that Microsoft displayed my full real name when i submit a review to the Microsoft Store.I can't believe that!!Normally nickname should... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by rei156, Nov 13, 2021.

1. rei156 Win User

I would like to change the name in the Microsoft Store Review

I just learnt that Microsoft displayed my full real name when i submit a review to the Microsoft Store.I can't believe that!!Normally nickname should be used! just like this communityAnd after googling, i learnt that once a review is posted, it could not be deleted!!Now the review appears with my real name there, and it's my login name!The only way to change it is changing my name in my Microsoft profile.But i should use my real name in my profile right? It's for billing, for email-ling etc etc.Is Microsoft asking us to use fake name just to change the name in the review?So many people has p

:)

rei156, Nov 13, 2021

2. Unable to update review on Microsoft store apps

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern and we appreciate the effort and time that you have taken to provide your review on store apps. However, we would suggest you to try signing out from Microsoft Store and sign in back and check if you are getting the
    Update option. If the issue still persists, please follow the steps mentioned below and check.

1. Search for wsreset.exe in search bar.
    2. Right click on the Run command and select Run as administrator.
    3. A command prompt window will open after which the Microsoft Store will open.
    4. Then try updating the review.

You can also log on to online
    Microsoft Store
    and provide your review suggestions.

Regards.

Manjunath_H, Nov 13, 2021
  3. How to see all reviews from all countries in the store?

Hi Ruben,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• On the Start screen, tap or click Store to open the Windows Store.
    • Search or browse for the app, and then tap or click it.
    • Under Ratings and reviews, click on Show all option.
    • You shall get all reviews on that particular app.

Hope this information helps. If you have any queries, let us know. Will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Nov 13, 2021
  4. sean8102 Win User

Microsoft Store has stopped showing reviews

For whatever reason the Microsoft Store no longer lets me access/see reviews for any apps. I can see the rating, but the "reviews" button/tab that is usually in the section where the "overview", System Requirements", "Related" buttons/tabs are is gone. Clicking the apps rating just snaps the scroll position to the top if I'm scrolled down at all.

I've done some searching and come across multiple posts of people having this issue on places like Reddit, and the Microsoft support community. Made a post on Reddit, and in the MS forums and post places I've gotten more than one reply from people experiencing the exact same thing.

I can still see reviews for games in the Xbox app I use for my Gamepass sub, but they are gone from the MS Store.

Been going on for little over a week now (or at least that's when I noticed it). I tried a ton of troubleshooting tips I found in a thread on the Microsoft support forums from a guy having this isssue. Someone replied with steps to do all sorts of troubleshooting from running the Store apps troubleshooter, using Powershell comands to uninstall and re install the store, resetting the store app, signing out and back into the store, running a SFC scan etc etc. Nothing made any difference.

Running Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 21H1 Build 19043.1083, and everything is up to date. Just checked Windows Update, and the MS Store for updates.

Edit: Took a look in the feedback hub in the Microsoft store section. Sorted by newest, there are like 6 different submissions (each with 4-6 upvotes) of people saying they can't see store reviews anymore either.

I would like to change the name in the Microsoft Store Review [​IMG]

sean8102, Nov 13, 2021
Thema:

1. I would like to change the name in the Microsoft Store Review - Similar Threads - change name Microsoft

2. Delete Microsoft Store Review

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delete Microsoft Store Review: I posted a review without realizing that my name would be attached to the review. Is it possible for the review to be removed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-microsoft-store-review/0347f8d0-1a17-4c1d-a9ce-9033242a7f48
  3. Delete Microsoft Store Review

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Delete Microsoft Store Review: I posted a review without realizing that my name would be attached to the review. Is it possible for the review to be removed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-microsoft-store-review/0347f8d0-1a17-4c1d-a9ce-9033242a7f48
  4. Delete Microsoft Store Review

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. I would like to change the name in the Microsoft Store Review

I would like to change the name in the Microsoft Store Review: I just learnt that Microsoft displayed my full real name when i submit a review to the Microsoft Store.I can't believe that!!Normally nickname should be used! just like this communityAnd after googling, i learnt that once a review is posted, it could not be deleted!!Now the...
  6. I would like to change the name in the Microsoft Store Review

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I would like to change the name in the Microsoft Store Review: I just learnt that Microsoft displayed my full real name when i submit a review to the Microsoft Store.I can't believe that!!Normally nickname should be used! just like this communityAnd after googling, i learnt that once a review is posted, it could not be deleted!!Now the...
  7. remove microsoft store review

remove microsoft store review: can anyone remove my microsoft store review?i dont want my name there.chat support is useless. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-microsoft-store-review/97f16c12-2124-400d-b812-d09d21d22069
  8. How do I change display name on Microsoft store review

How do I change display name on Microsoft store review: How do I change what name is displayed in a microft review that i posted. My real name was displayed on my reciew and i need to change it ASAP. I looked on other questions in this forum but none of them work or make any sense. Please help me change this. Microsoft please add...
  9. I would like to change the name of my laptop at sign on please.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I would like to change the name of my laptop at sign on please.: I would like to change the name of my laptop at sign on please. The name that appears below the profile picture at sign on. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-would-like-to-change-the-name-of-my-laptop-at/4fa11916-9873-4358-a39b-e3b4ee8714ec
  10. Delete Review on Microsoft Store

Delete Review on Microsoft Store: Hello, I have submitted a review from an app on the Microsoft Store but I wasn't aware that my name is gonna be compromised with that. For that reason I need to delete it but there is no option to do that, just the option to update. I really need to delete it, can you help...